Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 1)
Author Topic: The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

This is a place for all M.T. ers with restless hands and minds to post or sell their artwork, talk about it, seek advice and possibly admiration. Everybody is free to join and talk about anything art related and especialy Tolkien -related art of any kind. I will not include music because Lord ZENITH has already started a thread about music in the PP. Here it's a place for those who want to talk peacefuly about painting, sketching and other forms of art.
If this thread lasts long enough and if you do want to we might consider organising some art events.
The rules are very simple

-The M.T. ers that post here their works must also post a text containing information.
-I can't be responsible for the safety of your works, once they're in here they're in the Net, so anyone can copy them.
-NOBODY and I mean NOBODY is to attack one of the artists, the opinions will be stated in an elegant manner.
-This is a civilized inn for civilized people, keep it that way.
-Respect those who post their art work because they expose their selfs and keep in mind that a traumatised artist is dangerous.

Also in this Inn you can post and talk about anything that has to do with art and caught your attention.

Since the artists of Minas Tirith have honoured this place with their presence, we are going to host a small event. This week the artists will post their Top Three works of theirs so that we can all admire them. Eveybody can come in and pay his respect to them, give his/hers view and talk about it.

Gallery Owner: Arien the Maia
Culture Advisor:Eledhsúle

And a special thank you for White Gold Wielder for advising me the best possible way and allowing me thus to keep this thread here.

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
First Post. []

Now, my Top Three:

Miriel's Wrath

Lothlorien Hunter

Miriel

And I have many good Computer arts done, you can see them here... feel free to use the Wallpapers. []

I cannot wait to see everyone elses Top Three! []

[ 09-04-2004, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Eledhsúle ]

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...one of my top 3 isn't fully mine. If anyone has any objections about me including the finished mermaid drawing then I can change it

But I thought I'd start with something other than 2-D art just for a little change. The picture quality isn't all that good but I took it with my phone so that coule be why []
 -
It's a fish-house I made in my ceramics class. There's a door and the holes are supposed to be windows. You're supposed to be able to put a candle inside through a hole in the bottom and light shines ouf of the door, the windows, and an opening in the mouth.

The mermaid drawing. Hair not done by me....but it looks so good []

This one is probably the next best thing of mine.....that I can get up on the computer anyway [] Darn lack of scanner. But yeah....a girl in a hole []

So that's mine.

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So why did you restart the thread Arien? Getting too big? Like the top 3 idea though.

Unhappy Eowyn

Navy Patriot

This last one you have seen before.

Dumas

And yes, I realize it is done on lined paper. Sue me! []

EDIT: I'm putting [removed in second edit] in my top 3 and taking out the first one.

EDIT 2 Changed my top three again. []

[ 02-13-2005, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: The Woodwose ]

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] I hate ranking artwork []
I'm not sure these are my best, but they're probably my favourites-

First Holy Communion This is a new one, it's me as a little girl.

The Riot outside the Factory Illustration in watercolour of a scene from 'North and South'

Morgaine Just a quick impression of a character from 'The mists of Avalon'. I've now actually finished her, though I was too lazy to post the finished version []

As I said before, I'm not sure these are my best, but I thought it would be better if I displayed from a range of mediums [] The first one is done from a photo, though the other two I made-up []

From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely love that first one White Maiden! It puts my piddling sketches to shame. []
From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celoriand Elwëdhrim
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4563
posted      Profile for Celoriand Elwëdhrim   Author's Homepage   Email Celoriand Elwëdhrim   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yayayayay! I'm so glad we're doing this! Outlet for creativity! Wooohooo! Excellent job so far gals and pals! Oh, Losty, no complaints about having the mermaid I did the hair for in your top 3. I mean, I only did the hair. You did 90% percent of the work. So, no bigs! I was glad to help out. []

White Maiden, I like your third the best. I think that if you just either make her body a bit larger, or head a bit smaller, it'd be in proportion and be perfect. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Son of Olwë & Prince of Alqualondë

From: Tampa, Fl | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys []
Celoriand I know the body looks a little small lol, I did fix it though []

From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was bored

http://photobucket.com/albums/v420/Minastirithartists/

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have one album for the drawings submitted here so when the thread is restarted we have ab easy way to gain access to old entries. I started with just the top 3 that have been submitted so far but if anyone wants to add their own pictures to their album or add themselves an album the username is astirithartistsand the password is minastirith. If for some reason someone starts abusing that account I could change the password and we could only let people who would need it know what it is.

Does this sound alright to everyone or is there anyone who wouldn't want their work in this album?

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celoriand Elwëdhrim
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4563
posted      Profile for Celoriand Elwëdhrim   Author's Homepage   Email Celoriand Elwëdhrim   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is exceedingly jealous of the galleries as well as exceedingly impatient to get his Top 3 posted here....... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Son of Olwë & Prince of Alqualondë

From: Tampa, Fl | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

Silly, why don't you post then?
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

I tried something a little different:
 -

And look! I didn't use ruled paper! []

edit: Wow, Losty, that's cool. []

[ 09-05-2004, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: The Woodwose ]

White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

[] That's awesome Woodwose [] The shape of the hand is particularly good. Very interesting that you choose to only colour some of it- a very effective idea.
Edit: awesome [] []

[ 09-05-2004, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: White Maiden ]

Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Woodwose - If you like to know how to get rid of the lines on your drwings... then check this out. []

Oh my god Losty I love that fish house! [] It's so cute... [] (And very very well done.)

White maiden - I still love your Morgana one, it's absolutely beautiful. It all most brings Morgaine back to life. []

Celoriand - Post away yours. We want to see. []

Losty - That Photobucket one was a great idea. I think I'll upload my old ones there... the ones You guys have seen.
It was a good idea to start a photobase for Artist's Inn. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Don't save anything for a special day, because everyday is special."

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Sandry of Ruatha
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2732

posted      Profile for Lady Sandry of Ruatha   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Sandry of Ruatha   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I adore the Morgaine one, it looks just like a character in one of my fanfictions...

*considers stealing it* []

From: Ruatha Hold | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

quote:
Woodwose - If you like to know how to get rid of the lines on your drwings... then check this out.
Ahh, but I don't have photoshop. I downloaded GIMP and tried doing the same thing but everything I did messed up the image. Part of the reason is because I use a lot of subtle lines in most of my drawings so it messes them up. That or I'm just not doing it right. [] But thank you all the same Eled. []

~-~-~

Thank you White Maiden! I never use color when I draw but I was feeling "artsy".

[ 09-05-2004, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: The Woodwose ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

Ha double post!

I won't have a three day weekend where I can draw as much as I have so I wanted to put up one more.

You know who []

I really like the proportions on this one. The lips came out a little too grainy for my liking but I'm no good with color so that can't be helped much. Oh, and the thing on the bottom that looks like a helmet is supposed to be the top part of a horse's head! []

EDIT: Losty, that looks really good! What did you use to make it, water color? It looks like a very emotional scene and you did an excellent job of capturing that.

[ 09-06-2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: The Woodwose ]

Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

I took a picture of this one a while ago with my phone. The picture turned out pretty bad. But my mom lost the original (I'm still really mad about that [] ) so I came back to the picture. I don't think this is nearly as good as the real one but I messed with it a lot on my photo editing program. I drew it as stationary to send to my boyfriend (Hence being mad at having lost it [] ) I used a refference for the pose and right hand.

-

E: Funny, we both post while this doesn't have much activity in the same minute. [] I changed a lot with the light, I used the mouse and darkened all of the lines a bit, changed a few minor things, then I used, what on my programs is called, "Smart blur" and then a painting effect "oil painting" colorized the heart and a bit of the area around it, and did some touch-up work []

[ 09-06-2004, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Lostfiniel ]

Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As usualy everybody does a magnificent jon []
Woody I love them all!

Now, Losty great idea []
That was why I asked in the old thread if you'd all like to keep some of your work.
So, since there is an account already, go ahead and enter your artwork there, once there your works are in Eled or myself will include them to the first post.
As for the password, if something happens, we'll can notify each other through pms, but I hope nothing will happen.

Keep it coming []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Her Majesty the High Duchess of Torture and Pain.
Server of the Sun
~
Athene and Arien the Maia:
Overtaking posters since 2003

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've never posted in here... But I'm working on my practise design unit, for my Art class. I've just started, and only made a few marks on the paper, but I wanted opinions of those who knew their stuff, concerning how I might improve it.

Here.

I'm also going to add some Japanese text down the side, a drawing of a Tamagotchi, of the bullet train, and maybe of some orchids creeping around one corner.

Thanks!

From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

That is beautiful Ely!

I'll be starting my art classes too on tuesday, not monday thatnks to the transportation strike... so I'll show you what comes out of me when I focus totally on art, in an old house made of ecological material only. Actually that building is visited by artist and architechs from all over the world. I just went there today, it's uplifting and really art surrounded by spirit.

Lune
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2422

posted      Profile for Lune   Email Lune   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Great thread!! [] with great art stuff to show for... []

I only got one thing in digital format. so here goes:

-

From: Boom | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

posted      Profile for Aina Moja   Author's Homepage   Email Aina Moja   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You all do beautiful work! Awesome thread!

Here's one of mine:

-

Obviously, it's Arwen at Aragorn's funeral from the TTT movie. I did it to enter in the art contest for the Gathering in Toronto. It looks bad online because I did it in chalk/oil pastel. You can't really see the detail. Grr... [] Oh well... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
They miss the whisper that runs any day in your mind,
“Who are you really, wanderer?”—
and the answer you have to give no matter how dark
and cold the world around you is: “Maybe I'm a king.”
William Stafford

From: The Back of A Camel | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

Elyrka, I don't "know my stuff" so I can't say if there is anything you can do to improve. It looks really good though! [] I'd love to see it when it's finished.

Lune that's cool. How did you make it?

Aina Mojo...whatever [] Yeah, I can't really see much detail but I love your use of color, especially in the sky. []

Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

posted      Profile for Aina Moja   Author's Homepage   Email Aina Moja   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wosy Posy...whatever... [] THANKS!! I wish that I had a digital camera so that I could get some of my other (IMO BETTER) drawings...Meh. []
From: The Back of A Camel | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help