profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » Tolkien Stamps
Author Topic: Tolkien Stamps
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
To celebrate 50 years of lord of the rings, the Royal Mail has issued a set of special stamps. You can view/buy them here. They're from Tolkien's drawings and not the movie!

-

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Those stamps are awesome, Freya, and it looks as though the Royal Mail has taken foreign collectors into account. Should be easy to order them online, even from the US. Thanks for the heads up!
From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why doesn't the US ever issue cool stamps like that?

*jealous*

From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine this morning and they're very nice, although it does make me want the Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator book.
From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, those are so pretty...

I may just whine for a while until my paretns order them...

I just need a snowball's chance in hell.

Which is better than what I currently have...

From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aranel89
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4502
posted      Profile for Aranel89   Author's Homepage   Email Aranel89   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*eyes bulge* Ooo! We wantsss them precioussss! Too bad it's over-seas... [] for me anyway.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..::Sara::..

You have fallen.
And I cannot reach you.
Every step I willed you on,
Every moment I lead you to this.
You never left my mind,
Not once, not ever.
- The End of all Things, RotK

From: fading away under the trees, veiled in glory, I reside in Rivendell | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » Tolkien Stamps
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help