profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » Lord of the Rings Risk
Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Risk
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

posted      Profile for Dark Lord Andúril   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Andúril   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have had this conversation elsewhere, but I did not get to any conclusion.

Does anybody know where I could buy a Lord of the Rigns RISK set which ships to the UK? Because I am at a loss as to where I could find one.

Thanks for you're help.

Andúril

From: In Imladris I dwell... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1661

posted      Profile for Quendil   Email Quendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just found this.

Hope I could help you with that.

From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

posted      Profile for Dark Lord Andúril   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Andúril   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks mate, most appreciated.
From: In Imladris I dwell... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Andúril, I have the LOTR Risk game, and I bought it in Waterstone's. WH Smith had it at the same time - last Christmas.

When I was in our nearest Waterstone's a few weeks ago, they still stocked it, so if you have one near you, check it out.

Some day, we must meet up and play it - I'm unbeaten so far! []

[ 10-19-2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crate
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3930
posted      Profile for Crate   Email Crate   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arr it bee such a good game! I bought it at toy's r us.
From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I consider myself a Risk Master (but maybe not on par with Mandin). However, I managed to get myself beaten by a 10 year old in the LOTR version.
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

Ah, but Thorin, the tactics and demographics of the Lotr version are so different from the conventional version.
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's probably why I was so handily beaten. Yeah, that's it!
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

And I think now is an appropriate time to quote Eddie Izzard:

"Hitler obviously never played risk when he was a kid.... Eastern Europe, not a good idea... Its true! That Eastern European Russian area is impossible to hold! Papua New Guinea! All the purples! That's where you wanna go! And you just build up and build up! And then you take over the world!"

Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A chain of shops called Gamleys (I believe that's how you spell it) sells the Lord of the Rings Risk game, if you have one near you and are still having problems finding a shop.
From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw some sets in HMV. They cost £29.99

I saw them in Glasgow, but chances are you'll find 'em in another HMV.

From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crate
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3930
posted      Profile for Crate   Email Crate   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I saw them in HMV on wednesday last week, I was going to come and post that I had seen them in HMV for you but I have been beaten. But they deffinatly sell them at the HMV in the Metro Centre and in the one in Newcastle.

Crate

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw them in Waterstone's yesterday for £24.99.
From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faramir Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3268

posted      Profile for Faramir Took   Email Faramir Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw them in Barnes and Noble today. A lot of them, too.
From: Joisey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ranger of the North
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3961

posted      Profile for Ranger of the North   Email Ranger of the North   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tis a fun game.
From: College | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

What, looking for it, or playing it?
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They are now selling it in hmv
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And Waterstone's, WH Smith, and I've seen it on eBay as well.

edited for idiocy, due to having seen ROTK which has affected my brain...

[ 12-17-2003, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Have you managed to get this yet?
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ossy
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2196

posted      Profile for Ossy   Author's Homepage   Email Ossy   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I aimlessly looked around for one around here, too many shops though...think that Better Bookshop might have it, okay, I'll be honest, I haven't looked for it yet, but I will do soon.

DQ & Family - sorry casn't be on msn, doesn't work with this pc, I need to upgrade it and Im not the admin blah blah, anyway, will find time to text.

From: Melbourne | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elrond
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4242
posted      Profile for Elrond   Email Elrond   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The best way to play it is by playing with the real rules and the strongholds and rivers.
Forget the mission cards, sites of power, and leaders. []

From: Wilmington, NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » Lord of the Rings Risk
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help