profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » MERP stuff
Author Topic: MERP stuff
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for MERP stuff. I don't have any, so I might be interested in anything you have.

If you want to sell(donate?) your old role-playing goodies, post descriptions and pricing here.

------------------
"Are you a story-teller, Thomas Covenant?"

Absently, he replied, "I was, once."

"And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?"

Covenant folded his arms across the gunwales and rested his chin on them. As the boat moved, Andelain opened constantly in front of him like a bud; but he ignored it, concentrated instead on the plaint of water past the prow. Unconsciously, he clenched his fist over his ring. "I live."

"Another?" Foamfollower returned. "In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more - with one word you will make me weep."

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anarion(Lestat)
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 691

posted      Profile for Anarion(Lestat)   Author's Homepage   Email Anarion(Lestat)   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What's MERP?
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
HAHA! That's an old post I never thought I'd see again!

M(iddle) E(arth) R(ole) P(laying)

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eorl the Young
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 843
posted      Profile for Eorl the Young   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa!! That was 14 months ago!!
From: Denmark, home of the highest mountains in Europe | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Dernhelm
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 234

posted      Profile for Dernhelm   Email Dernhelm   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's amazing since I resurrected it about two weeks ago. I have a small bundle of MERP stuff I am looking to get rid of.......I deleted my post since no one seemed interested......

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: Dernhelm ]

From: PA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimruzir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 248

posted      Profile for Nimruzir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmm.

Whatcha got?

I'm missing alot of the 2d Edition stuff.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"The prime motive [of LotR] was the desire of a tale-teller to try his hand at a really long story that would hold the attention of readers, amuse them, delight them, and at times maybe excite them or deeply move them. As a guide I had only my own feelings for what is appealing or moving, and for many the guide was inevitably often at fault."

J.R.R. Tolkien - Prologue to The Lord of the Rings.

From: Den of Iniquity | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Dernhelm
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 234

posted      Profile for Dernhelm   Email Dernhelm   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have mostly 1st Edition stuff, actually. I'll post a list later today just in case anything catches your fancy.
From: PA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Menahem
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 323
posted      Profile for Menahem   Email Menahem   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You're out of luck!I just sold the 'Riders of Rohan' and 'Rivendale' modules for £20 on ebay last week.All I have left is a battered copy of the rules.
Check out ebay and you might get lucky although some of the modules are selling for silly amounts.

From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimruzir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 248

posted      Profile for Nimruzir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmm.

If this is towards me:

You're out of luck!... Check out ebay and you might get lucky although some of the modules are selling for silly amounts.

Then I'm not concerned -- as those are 1st Edition Books, which I have complete.

And you are right about books being overpriced there.

By-the-by, I would NEVER buy RPG material from eBay. I prefer powells.com, but thanks for the info anyway. Now CCG's from eBay... 'nother story.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"The prime motive [of LotR] was the desire of a tale-teller to try his hand at a really long story that would hold the attention of readers, amuse them, delight them, and at times maybe excite them or deeply move them. As a guide I had only my own feelings for what is appealing or moving, and for many the guide was inevitably often at fault."

J.R.R. Tolkien - Prologue to The Lord of the Rings.

From: Den of Iniquity | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anarion(Lestat)
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 691

posted      Profile for Anarion(Lestat)   Author's Homepage   Email Anarion(Lestat)   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of MERP. I know the defination. Can someone explain what it is exactly?
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua Lackhand
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 797
posted      Profile for Joshua Lackhand   Email Joshua Lackhand   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Middle Earth is where most of Tolkeins storys take place.
Role playing Is whene you take a role of a charicter you are not and does not exist in the story.

From: Los Altos Hills, Ca, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guinevere
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1141

posted      Profile for Guinevere   Author's Homepage   Email Guinevere   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Huh? I dont catch your drift!
From: California, where else? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So WGW, how did your MERP search and collect go? Just think... you can play it with your son in a few years! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin Toker
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 168
posted      Profile for Pippin Toker   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin Toker   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

MERP means Middle Earth Role Playing. Se this page for more information: www.merp.com

Pippin

From: Denmark | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » MERP stuff
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help