profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » 'Mark Reads' Site
Author Topic: 'Mark Reads' Site
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just discovered this, so I thought I'd share.

http://markreads.net/reviews/category/past-books/the-lord-of-the-rings/

The navigation is a bit wonky on the site if you want to read from beginning to end, but it's well worth the trouble. I love hearing about people's experiences with new things, and this site has more care and detail in sharing the experience than I could have hoped for.

The first entry is here: http://markreads.net/reviews/2011/12/mark-reads-the-fellowship-of-the-ring-chapter-1/

Oh, and he read The Hobbit too and a bunch of other stuff. And there's the 'Mark Watches' and 'Mark Plays' sections as well... whee!

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Great site - thank you for sharing!
There must be stuff in there for many hours of reading ... []
quote:
I think that this might be the most surprising project I’ve ever done for Mark Reads, specifically because I believed the notion that this would bore the **** out of me.
Boy, did he get it wrong! []

There are some good comments from his readers as well.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed WGW, this site is quite good really. Fun to read and surf about.

Let's read along... Fellowship of the Ring: A Long Expected Party

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I read that while he was doing it...so much fun, and so much anticipation, and actual withdrawal feels on the weekends when he wasn't posting. []

I especially love his reviews of TH that are written as if little Christopher was listening to it as a bedtime story and asking The Professor to clarify confuzzling bits! []

Then I went back to Mark Reads Harry Potter, and never did read it all... Mark Reads also did Twilight (oh, the satire), Hunger Games (I read the Mark Reads of that but didn't read the books or see the film(s)) and a few scattered ASoIaF entries. []

Then I ran out of time to do fun stuff on the web because the libraries aren't open enough and there's too much backlogged work at work! []

[ 02-17-2014, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: LyraLuthien Tinuviel ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » 'Mark Reads' Site
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help