Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo (Page 45)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We were waiting for forty four twenty two. Now that that has happened... []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome []
From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I also [] in your general direction... []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll get out the air fresher! I'm not sure the founding ladies would appreciate fart jokes! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Well, they're not here, so.... [] again.

And with that, I'll have a toasted English muffin with butter, cinnamon and honey with this Lapsang Souchong tea.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose it must be the Coffee! It certainly isn't my chocolate cakes.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

....mmmmmm. chawclit cakes & tea!
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*is reminded of the left-over piece of chocolate cake in her fridge*
*goes to finish it* []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

How long has it been in the fridge?
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Less than a week. I've been treating myself to a piece every day, and this was the last piece. It had not been forgotten []

Delicious, and very rich - otherwise it might have been cut to larger pieces and would not have lasted as many days as it did. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

A treat that kept on giving!

Have some tea to wash it down? The kettle is on to boil.

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[]
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

If the tea kettle is still boiling, I'll have some tea, please.

*waves after Braeden* []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

It sure is! Have some fresh!
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone wants to watch the swedes beating up the Italians tune into the Euros! []
From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Pay me some Euros and I might.
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

There was a Swexit - and then a Brexit ... []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

So is it still called the 'UK'? Things appear well disunified. My Scottish friends are really letting it fly. Interesting times.
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Still UK.
Still even Great Britain.
Many Scots, though, say that they voted to stay in GB so that they could stay in EU, so now that England and Wales want to leave EU, the Scots want a new referendum about leaving Great Britain so that they can stay in EU. Either join EU as a new country, or even just take over the membership of GB (as they would then be the part of GB that wants to remain).

They haven't left EU, they have only decided that they will start negotiations for leaving it. Those negotiations are expected to take a couple of years, and the UK haven't started them yet, only declared that some day they will start.

So there's still a bit of confusion as to what will happen when.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does that mean once the Brexit is finalised, GB/UK won't be in Eurovision anymore?

That might be one of the reasons why Scotland wants back in the EU. [] A minor reason, but an important one nonetheless. []

It'd be nice if Australia could no longer be in it though. I thought last year was gonna be it.

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

No, Eurovision isn't only for the European Union, as far as I know, but for all of Europe.

If you're thinking of the Eurovision Song Contest, there are more countries in that contest than just EU members. Norway is not a member of the European Union, but we do take part in the Song Contest (this year we didn't reach the finals, though).

Now with even non-European guest participants, perhaps they will eventually change it into a world-wide song contest?

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

So, changing hemispheres, let us say that for some reason of extreme stupidity in enough U.S. states and they go for trump and he actually wins the presidency in November, would that be enough for Australia to tear up the ANZUS treaty?
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

*had to Google it* []

quote:
"The treaty says the signatories will "consult together" and "act to meet the common danger". (src)
Interesting. []

Such information goes around political circles, no doubt. From what I've seen, most Australians stay away from that palaver unless it suits our current needs or there's an election in the next couple of weeks or it's mentioned on The Project. Which is probably why I'd never heard of the treaty before (or it hadn't stuck to my brain). []

But we are all very very wary of what US citizens might do in November. []

E: My mother had never heard of it either. []

[ 08-13-2016, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Really? It's a cold war relic, and I believe what was used to request Australian and New Zealand involvement in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. The Kiwis said 'Yeah No'to the last two, but John Howard was more than happy to join the effort.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo (Page 45)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help