Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  45  46  47 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo (Page 4)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Good Night and Good Luck is quite a good movie, and George Clooney got the acting spot on! It is sad that it's so close to what was happening in the United States at the time... []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] []
Going to watch the last installment of Harry Potter today! With the Bf!
[] [] []

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since no one else is here, don't mind if I blast some dance!ChrisBrown? []
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It suddenly became more quiet again, so I suppose you're free to dance until someone complains []

*serves tea and pepperoni pizza*

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

*accepts tea and hopes not to spill it*

I wonder where everyone is.

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's often more quiet here in the summer - and some are over at the UP []

Secret Bob is preparing tea, so I'm about to have some in RL, too ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here! Have just started my education internship though, so am quite busy. And really, Telpy? Chris Brown in a Tolkien forum? I can just picture him rolling in his grave! []
From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Chris Brown or Tolkien?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tolkien, of course! I'm pretty sure Chris Brown isn't dead. []
From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

It was a ruse to get you back here, if only to complain. []

E: Any Warehouse 13, Lost Girl or Eureka fans here?
I feel quite proud. 3 new shows in a week.
(Though I've only watched 1 episode of Eureka so far!)

[ 07-19-2011, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Telperaca ]

Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

I haven't watched any of those, but I have been meaning to watch Lost Girl. Is it any good?
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wonder where everyone is.
Holiday makes for less visits
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps they went here?

-

I've been living "between houses" for a fortnight now. Left my old place on July 9th, stayed at a friend's place until the 12th when I drove to Port Macquarie (4.5hrs north of where I lived before). Stayed at my sister's for 2 nights until our rental house was available, and we've been there for just over a week now... But it'll be another 5 months until our new house is built. So, this just feels like an extended holiday. [] We don't have the internet where we're renting (no phoneline!), so I'm at my sister's right now.

Have done a lot of writing over the past week, but not as much as I expected... I'm going to blame the miserable weather. It is winter, but Port Mac isn't supposed to be this rainy, windy or cold. []

[ 07-22-2011, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Best of luck with the new house, with the rental house, with the writing, and with the weather!
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

I've just been reading about the massacre in Norway. [] I hope you and your loved ones are all right, Varna.
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, and Artaresto as well. Hate is not the answer.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

We are - I'm on holiday now, and was not in Oslo yesterday.

The offices where I work are only a few minutes' walk away from the government buildings that were hit. All my colleagues are on holiday, but my boss texted us that she had been in touch with the caretaker, who said that the offices are ok. On the third floor, the windows are fine - but the windows in the shops on the ground floor were broken.

I've spent most of the time since yesterday afternoon in listening to the news on radio or reading them on the internet []

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you're okay, Varna. Arty's last post made it sound like he was on holiday, too, so hopefully he's also okay. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

And Arty isn't usually in Oslo, anyway - he studies somewhere else, and his hometown is in yet another part of the country.
Chances are that he's fine.

Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're OK, Varna.

My thoughts go out to those who lost someone or were hurt. May they find peace and justice without the need for revenge.

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear that you are fine, Varna and your work colleagues and it seems that Arty probably is. Terrible things happen in this world, don't they? []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

Am about to book tickets to Heathrow from 25 Dec - 24 Jan! Yay, travel! []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
May they find peace and justice without the need for revenge.
[]

I assumed you guys were okay and I am glad to see I was right. []
I was in Finland when that happened, and although I couldn't understand the headlines ( [] ) I could see that it was a big deal for them too. After all, Helsinki is not that far, and it was a reminder of the same kind of things that happened there in 2007 and 2008 in schools. []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I think it affected all of the Nordic countries, also because we are so closely connected with each other.

I've been on my summer holiday, and next week I go back to work. I'll be able to go up and look at the damaged buildings. Some of the people who were killed there, weren't even working in the government buildings, they just happened to walk past them when the bomb struck []

There has been so much talk about love and comfort to the victims and their families, though. If some good comes out of it, it may be to teach us to care more for each other.

Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If some good comes out of it, it may be to teach us to care more for each other.
That is my hope, at least. The past is done, we cannot change it - but perhaps we can turn it to the good.

[ 07-31-2011, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Arorë Silvertongue ]

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  45  46  47 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help