Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  45  46  47 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo (Page 3)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that'd be one way to wreak havok with Baru's timeline. [] I'd say by this point Elrond is fated to accept her. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*likes playing fate for once* []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And if he doesn't do it straight away, Lori will make him change his mind. [] After all, she has a very close family tie... []

*is all grumpy-face due to the cold*
*... and packing the rest of her things before the removalist comes tomorrow*
*... plus general aches and pains caused by said packing*
*... plus knowing she'll have to live without the internet (& MT! [] ) for at least 2 weeks*
[]

Speaking of Lori, that other post I wanted to do will have to wait until later... But it'll just be a general "update"; no talking with other characters. []

*goes back to it* []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
.hack//SIGN
Is that the name? []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And if he doesn't do it straight away, Lori will make him change his mind. [] After all, she has a very close family tie... []
And she believed Baru fairly easily.
Gandalf will be ready to plead Baru's case as well by then. Maybe I should have someone else playing Gandalf when he talks to Baru about it - but he is fated to accept her in the end as well []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whereas Yavandië is more: 'I'm not calling you a liar, but...'

*looks forward to next Lori post* []

quote:
Is that the name? []
Yes. .hack//SIGN []

I've just watched episode 5 and it just keeps getting better. []

[ 07-08-2011, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Aikanáro ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Today was the last day of handover at work.
I'm on 'holiday' (aka catching up on tv shows) now! []
[]

Brae:
If you get a change to read this, consider investing in a TENS machins.
It's suppose to be very good.
G'luck with the packing. []

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aika, .hack//sign is one of my favourite things ever! It really does get better and better - it's so amazingly written, and the characters are all great! It's funny that it's 'just a cartoon', but intellectually is one of the most interesting and insightful things I've ever seen. My login picture for my computer is Tsukasa, that's how obsessed with it I am. []

Oh and smaller class sizes definitely do make a difference. Especially in a country school, when it's not unusual for the kids to have the same classroom teacher for several years. I have never seen kids work so independently.

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
E: Double post.

[ 07-09-2011, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Hoom ]

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
.hack//SIGN! That's next on my To Watch list.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I have no clue what y'all's're talking about... as I don't watch TV. []
From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

Hoom! You're right, it does just keep getting better, and I love the complexity of the characters and the depth of it. It's particularly meaningful for people who have spent any length of time engaged with online, 'virtual' communities too, I think, there's some really thought-provoking commentary on that.

That and the entire concept is just []

My only disappointment is that there are only 28 episodes! []

And of course you're right about the schools, too. I find myself slightly irritated by the prevailing wisdom here that best practice is for no class to have the same teacher for more than one year. It seems to me that the only rationale behind it has to do with variations in teaching quality. Personally, I think building rapport between teachers and students counts for more, particularly in the early years. But hey, what do I know? I'm not making policy. []

Arorë, .hack//SIGN isn't exactly being broadcast on TV anymore. [] TV is just like any other medium, though - lots of it is absolute trash, but there's some quality stuff too. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to avoid TV too, Arorë. I do watch DVDs though, which is how I know that .hack//SIGN is an anime. Also, with its own set of PS2 games.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a movie binge this weekend.
* The Siege
* A Team
* Green Hornet
* Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
* 40 days and 40 nights
* When in Rome

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I haven't seen lots of movies, really - and none of those, Telpy.
Which ones were the best?

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The A-Team was just straight-up awesome. That tank scene! [] []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I've only seen The A-Team of those, great fun. []
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

Team America anyone?
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

I watched Frost/Nixon on the weekend, for the umpteenth time. Totally recommend it, the acting is so brilliant! [] Have seen Ghost of Girlfriends Past, which really only succeeded in making me want to punch Matthew McConaughey in the face ... though, truth be told, the only time I've not wanted to maim him was in A Time to Kill. []

Team America wasn't too bad, but I much prefer South Park! There's something about small children being incredibly violent and crass that makes me happy (except when they're my students! [] ).

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, Frost/Nixon, absolutely superb film. [] Also can recommend Good Night and Good Luck, for those who like their political dramas.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

I tried watching the Chicago Code yesterday.
Didn't really feel in the right mood for it after the first episode.

Watched Warehouse 13 instead.
[] Addictive!
Finished the first season; though there's only 13 episodes per season.

Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

I've been meaning to watch Good Night and Good Luck. [] I am a sucker for movies/TV shows on American politics. I don't think I've cried more in any TV show than The West Wing. Yeah, I'm weird. []

Speaking of how odd I am, I bought Portal (yes, the first one) and started playing it yesterday and I swear it gives me motion sickness! [] I was trying to get a momentum jump to work for like 20 minutes and got so nauseous I had to stop. []

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

quote:
I don't think I've cried more in any TV show than The West Wing.
Heard of it. Never watched it.
I don't remember having cried during a TV show.
I prefer my TV shows bordering with crazy or comedy, usually. (Oh, and eye-candy. [] )

Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

quote:
Oh, and eye-candy.
Ahem, meet Sam Seaborn, the Ken doll of the Bartlet administration. I am a bigger fan of Charlie Young, though. []

And the West Wing is quite funny once you get into it! The characters are all a little quirky and nuts, so it's often quite amusing.

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

I recognise the second guy from Psyche, though I don't find him all that attracive, but he's a good actor in that show.

[ 07-14-2011, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Telperaca ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  45  46  47 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help