Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  45  46  47 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo (Page 1)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There was much commotion in the Opelë.
That is, there was suddenly much commotion there - before that, it had been awfully quiet for awfully long.

But now, there was much commotion and much discussion.

"There must be cheese on pizza!" someone claimed.

"But I don't like cheese!" someone else protested. "More cheese than no cheese is too much cheese!"

"What?" a third one exclaimed. "There is no such thing as too much cheese!"

"Oh, but cheese isn't the only way to cover a pizza," the friendly pi tried to calm down the commotion.
"There are plenty of paths to please your palate with pizza!
You could try what is called in the US a white pizza with some or all of the following: slices of tomatoes, broccoli, onions, garlic, ricotta, olive oil, meats if you desire such as sausage, ground beef, ham, prosciutto - really anything."

"But without cheese, would that still be pizza?" the first one asked, while the others began to drool.

"Of course!" pi answered. "Because pizza is more than just food, it's a lifelong pleasure, a culinary smorgasbord of joy - it's a way of life!"

"It's the Pizza Circle of Happiness!" Inc' agreed with him.

... and so the Tea House suddenly became a Pizza House.

---

Even though some of the members on it aren't around any more, we'll still use the Opelë banner:

-
( [] to Sherl who made it)

This, then, is The Tea House - Pizza Circle of Happiness, or, as we say it in Quenya, I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo. (It's Neo-Quenya, of course, otherwise we would be far too limited ... [] )

Elyrka Redsmith is the owner of the establishment, but she is on a well-deserved (and very long) break. Varnafindë, Braeden and a few others have been running the place for her. If you need to talk to Elyrka, you can email her at: clare.sophie.t@gmail.com . (She also has a tumblr, which you can read here if it so interests you.)

She has this to say to all visitors:
quote:
Welcome to the Opelë, where everyone is welcome - except Orcs, of course. Come, sit by the fire and have some tea.

Although we welcome one and all, the Opelë is, as you may have guessed, the unofficial home to the Quenya Defenders. If you mock the name of Quenya in here, the management of the Opelë can claim no responsibility for the consequences.

No 'text message' spelling or grammar is to be used in the Opelë. If you cannot take the time to post correctly, please refrain from posting.

In addition to our new pizza menu, we also - of course - serve all kinds of tea and coffee in unlimited flavors. To go with it, there are biscuits of every conceiveable variety, and peanut butter, and chocolate (Neo-Quenya: hocolatil).

Do share your favorite pizza experience - or any other experience!
Let's come full circle - Pizza Circle of Happiness!

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
First post! Hooray for pizza!
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] [] []

I feel smug to have found the new thread title - at least its non-Quenya version [] []

I have eaten in an Italian restaurant tonight - but I didn't have pizza. It's been a while since I had any, actually. I should do something about it. []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am finishing what I call the Hertfordshire homemade Mix, Pizza right now! Mind, does anyone know what the Quenya for tea is anyway? I always thought the title of the last one was 'I'll have a nice Latte.'
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reminded of My Fair Lady...

In Hartford, Hereford, [Hertfordshire for Hamfast] and Hampshire hurricanes hardly ever happen. []

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mind, does anyone know what the Quenya for tea is anyway?
Aika said that she
quote:
learnt that there is now a specific Quenya word for tea. Tyé. One of the few two-letter Quenya words. (Anyone saying 'but it's three!' gets a [] ) []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I must confess I don't drink that much actual Tea. Apparently too much of it can rot your teeth. So, not to take any chances I wash mine down with beer! Although I never was happy with what to do with that teabag thing which floated in the cup. So I tend to stick with coffee.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Too much tea may rot your teeth, but too much beer will cause you to have too much estrogene. And I'm certain coffee carries its own risks. It seems you are beset with dangers, Hamfast son of Hobson.
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

quote:
I must confess I don't drink that much actual Tea. Apparently too much of it can rot your teeth.
Isn't that if you drink it with sugar?
Plain tea might not be so bad (apart from whatever the caffeine does, of course [] ).

Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw Varna's post on the Active Topics, and feel obliged to point out that tea is actually good for your teeth, as it contains fluoride.

It also reduces your chances of cardiac problems and helps increase your immunity to a number of intestinal disorders.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Thank you, SSA! Good news for tea drinkers! []

And I guess it's better not to put too much sugar in it. It ruins the taste of tea, for one thing!
Isn't green tea supposed to be especially good for you?

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Got my exam results yesterday... I passed!
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

That's good news, Telpy!
Congratulations!

Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Telpy! [] You must be so relieved! []

I've been roaming around the Australian countryside for the past five days, in a place called Tamworth. I was visiting a school in a nearby village for my degree. The entire school only had 36 kids! Now that I'm back in the city, I miss the space and quiet, even if it's nice to be back in my own bed.

A photo:
 -

One thing that was definitely lacking in Tamworth was decent pizza! *deeply inhales the smell of pizza floating about the Opelë* Nice set up, Varna!

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They say green tea is better than bleck, due to processing and/or the nutrition gehalt?
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, green tea is meant to be very good for you. I still prefer black but I drink both. (Tea addict that I am I just had to post!)
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I read an allegedly scientific report last year/earlier this year, which said they are equally good for you, despite the common belief that green is superior.

Of course, putting sugar in tea is the major crime. A hot sweet drink can be anything - if you are going to do that, just drink sweetened hot water, and leave the good stuff for those of us who appreciate it.

Now, I must go and find my Lady Grey. And an orange.

edit: typo

[ 07-02-2011, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But tea with milk is supposed to be very bad for your stomach, isn't it ?
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

One does not drink Lady Grey with milk, sir. Nor Picard's favourite beverage.

I so want one of those mugs for tea-geeks....

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Neither the Lady nor the Earl.
The bergamot flavour doesn't go well with milk.

There are other teas that are better with milk than without, though.

Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Telpy! []

quote:
I've been roaming around the Australian countryside for the past five days, in a place called Tamworth. I was visiting a school in a nearby village for my degree. The entire school only had 36 kids! Now that I'm back in the city, I miss the space and quiet, even if it's nice to be back in my own bed.
Wow. I've always thought it would be nice to work in a really tiny school. Smaller class sizes make such a difference to learning. [] It's sort of a given that city schools aren't going to be like that, though.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Made pizza. []

Just a simple one: minced meat, taco spice, cheese, corn, pineapple. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Sounds tasty. And making Pizza can be fun.
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Good to see some more Láramas in this thread!
It does indeed sound tasty ... []

Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
All this talk of pizza! Or láramas as I suppose I ought call it. I am going to have to have some this week. Today is lasagna, tomorrow is BBQ and tuesday we're going out... so it'll have to be later in the week, but I shall have it!
From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láramas Rindë Valdëo (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  45  46  47 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help