Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 41)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
When you said Pizza Circle of Happiness, I immediately thought "thread title" (I think there was a related UP title once, if I'm not mistaken).

So now you're working on the Pizza part of it - I guess that the Circle of Happiness part might be easier?

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well the essential ingredients in a pizza are the bread, tomato base, and usually cheese. So flat bread of cheese and tomato? The Quenya for that may be a little lengthy, though! Hmm...

Also, yes, pizza can be nutritious too! I have underestimated the glory of the pizza, for which I most ashamed. []

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
E: Double post. Oops.

[ 06-24-2011, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Hoom ]

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure about Pizza, but I'm sure that Dwarves liked Curry!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'Pizza Circle of Happiness' itself might be Láramas (thank you, Éomer, that sounds really good! [] ) Rindë Valdëo.

quote:
So flat bread of cheese and tomato? The Quenya for that may be a little lengthy, though! Hmm...
[] I had to try.

Láramas tyuruo ar tiuyala-yávëo

There is no word for tomato, but Wikipedia tells us:

quote:
The word "tomato" comes from the Nahuatl word tomatl, literally "the swelling fruit"
So I used that. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's just like old times!
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When you said Pizza Circle of Happiness, I immediately thought "thread title" (I think there was a related UP title once, if I'm not mistaken).
I was indeed refering to an old UP that was called "Death Circle of Happiness" [] I didn't know that would engage a complicated quenya conversation, though. []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

quote:
Láramas tyuruo ar tiuyala-yávëo
It sort of has a certain ring to it? ... No? []

quote:
I didn't know that would engage a complicated quenya conversation, though.
In its heyday, the Opelë didn't need an excuse for a complicated Quenya conversation. We truly knew how to party back then! []
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's just like old times!
[] ... [] ... []

Discussion of a new title by necessity involves a Quenya conversation. We just haven't had a new Opelë in a while.

quote:
It sort of has a certain ring to it? ... No? []
Let's be fair, it does sound better than 'flat bread of cheese and tomato' even if it can't quite compete with the succinctness of 'pizza' []

[ 06-26-2011, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Aikanáro ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Discussion of a new title by necessity involves a Quenya conversation. We just haven't had a new Opelë in a while.
Exactly - there's been so little conversation here that it's taken us ages to reach forty pages.

The previous Opelë was started in August 2007, nearly four years ago. It took a year to fill up, and the current one was started in August 2008 and has been running for nearly three years []

Before these there were some that took some months to fill up - but in its heyday, the Opelë would only take two or three weeks to reach forty pages.

So in the current one, the first thirty pages took two and a half years []
and the last ten pages took a month! []
We're getting back towards the old activity! []

*goes away to write a new first post*

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and the last ten pages took a month!
We're getting back towards the old activity!

[] []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*is eating deformed strawberries and catching up on reading posts*

My exam results are out on Friday.. [] ; [] 58

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! Anyway, all that talk about pizza has inspired me to make on myself today. Not totally sure what I will call it a mix of Cheese and Tomato and whatever vegetables I have. Maybe I will call it a Herts mix!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We're getting back towards the old activity!
Pizza talk helped. [] This weekend I sauteed diced red bell pepper and onion in olive oil with garlic, added basil, ground black pepper and oregano with tomato sauce/diced tomatoes for a couple of minutes to infuse the flavors, spread it on a crust, piled moz on top, baked it for 10 minutes and yummy mouthfuls of heaven came. Lickety split, it was gone! [] []
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I dozed off pretty quickly after reading the new posts in this thread. Quite excited about the new pizza themed Opele, and I vaguely recall thinking if that's going to cause me to gain weight... [] [] []

Oh, and another weird topping I remember trying in India (ages ago) was paneer, though I can't say it worked that well as a topping. I prefer it as a curry. []

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

The new Tea House is up!

*points everyone in the new direction*
*tries to close the door*

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I think I can help Varna close the door on this one!
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 41)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help