Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 40)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*looks at photo and description*
Three things I'm allergic to, and another two things my mouth cannot abide.

The cheese and pizza base are okay, though. []

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No mushrooms or black olives for me, thanks. Especially the mushrooms.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ !!

Ahem. []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, we're on page 40! []
Time to make a new Opelë soon ...
I guess it's my turn again []

Do you remember when we had elections for who should run the next one? []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I remember that! []

*remembers Varna running against Patrick the rock* []

Well, having been away so long I admit my Quenya is a bit rusty [] but if you need a title translation let me know. []

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*check*
*check*
*check*

Yeah, I could eat that pizza. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
pizzas - plural!

and how about...
anchovies - I'm one of the few I know that like them either on or off of pizza....
or...
ham (or spam) and pineapple (Hawaiian pizza)

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Three things I'm allergic to, and another two things my mouth cannot abide.

Well I shall have to call that particular topping Le Morte d'Braeden. [] And pi, Hawaiian pizzas are so amazing! Pineapple on pizza is just genius. I need to find something to replace the ham though ... I can't see it working well with mushrooms. Perhaps facon will save me again! []
From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pineapple and bacon pizza is delicious, so I'm sure pineapple and facon would work.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pineapple and bacon pizza is delicious, so I'm sure pineapple and facon would work.
Whenever someone uses that word, at first glance I misread it as a typo for falcon []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

I'm sure falcon bacon would be delicious, too.

[]

Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Urgh, falcon would be incredibly gamey and tough. Unfortunately, everything does not taste like chicken (yes, yes, I am still vegetarian, but chicken was the bomb [] ). On a related note, whenever I see the word pigeon, I think of immortal pigs.
From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
chicken was the bomb
Indeed! []

Though, is. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Chicken is also great on pizza!

That's right, I'm bringin' it back full circle. []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pizza circle of happiness ? []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

So I got around to making that vegetarian Hawaiian pizza, and it wasn't too bad at all! Seriously, facon, best idea ever. []

-

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It is often said that you can make a world out of duct tape.

I would propose that you can make a world of deliciousness beginning with a basic pizza template.

We need a "licking lips" emoticon.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

The tea house has inadvertently become a pizza house! Not that I'm complaining, mind. [] Couldn't agree with you more, pi! So tasty and so convenient - what else do you need in food? Nutritional value. Shut up, brain.
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a Quenya word for "pizza"? Perhaps that could be the next title... []

Personally, I prefer this type of pizza. It's made of cheesecake.
 -
Photo & cake-design by me.

*stares lovingly at it* [] I need to do that and eat that again. Pity the strawberries are more expensive now than they were in March when I put all that together. []

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

quote:
Is there a Quenya word for "pizza"? Perhaps that could be the next title... []
Short answer: Attested? No. []

Long answer: Let's make a compound word! We've got Quenya for 'bread.' Pizza-lovers, what modifier could we add to bread to make it pizza-like? In the same way as cuiveyulda 'wake-up drink' was coined for caffeinated drinks.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in Children of Hurin it says that Mim and his Petty-Dwarves were able to find a plant that could be used as bread. I don't know about chesse but it's probably a fair bet that tomatoes and vegetables and we know bacon were available in Middle-Earth so it's probably a reasonable guess that someone cooked some bread with something on top of it!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

Maybe, but the question wasn't 'Was there pizza in Middle-Earth?' (go and horrify the lit forums with that one, maybe? [] ) but 'Is there a Quenya word for pizza?' which there isn't. []

I've got something else to share. This made me laugh. A lot. []

Gandalf Goes to the World Cup

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

quote:
what else do you need in food? Nutritional value. Shut up, brain.
There absolutely is nutritive value. All it takes is adding the proper toppings. If you use whole wheat pizza dough, reduced fat mozzarella, various vegetables and lean, non-processed meats, it truly is a complete, balanced, and healthy meal in one serving!

[ 06-24-2011, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

I was thinking of something like "round, flat bread," but the only attested Quenya for "round" is in reference to a globular shape, rather than circular. "Flat" is lára and "bread" is masta (as in coimas 'life-bread'). Maybe something with láramas in it? []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 40)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help