Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 39)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A pink, fluffy, very scary thief. []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome ! You're so weird ! []

[ 06-17-2011, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
That's hilarious!

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would have paid to see how that conversation went! [] How did you explain yourself to the police, Telpy?!
From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, I am really craving pizza tonight. (This is unusual for me.) []
Alas, pizza is expensive and I am broke. []
I blame y'alls, what with all this talk of food. []

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
MMmmm.... pizza.... Tomato Brothers or Pizza Capers... that is the question... wait, skint until Friday, so maybe Dominos...
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Offtopic (if pizza counts as a topic [] )

[Offtopic request deleted. I found what I was looking for [] ]

[ 06-20-2011, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Aikanáro ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
pizza is not only a topic but a lifelong pleasure, a culinary smorgasbord of joy - hell, it's a way of life!
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
pizza is not only a topic but a lifelong pleasure, a culinary smorgasbord of joy - hell, it's a way of life!
[] []

And speaking on Pizza places, there's a Pizza place close to my house called "BJ Pizza".
[]
They probably have a special, home-made sauce...

[ 06-20-2011, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Telperaca ]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Would it be terrible if I told you all that I don't actually like pizza? Too much cheese. []

I'm on my lunch break right now and when I go back to work I'm having one of my sessions observed [] and I've already had an exhausting morning.

Hopefully it won't go terribly.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You don't need a lot of cheese. There are plenty of paths to please your palate with pizza! (speaking alliteratively, of course! [] )
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aika - what's your job now ? [] Oh, and thanks for telling me about Kenya ! [] I'm glad you had a good time over there []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

Pi - love the alliteration, but is there a path involving no cheese? Because anything more than that is too much. []

Inc' - I work in a nursery school and get to spend my day with 3-year-olds. [] I enjoy my job most of the time. [] I don't enjoy when someone from an outside organisation is supposed to come and watch me teach a group session and I'm waiting all day for them and they never come. []

But such is life.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

Aikanáro,
Almost anything will do. I've had barbeque sauce with chicken for example, and there is what is called in the US a white pizza with some or all of the following: slices of tomatoes, broccoli, onions, garlic, ricotta, olive oil, meats if you desire such as sausage, ground beef, ham, prosciutto - really anything. Just throw what you like together on the dough and away you go!

[ 06-21-2011, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

Wow.

My previous understanding of the pizza concept was so... limited and uncreative.

Pi, you're awesome. I'm going to have to try making something like that ^^ and see how it goes. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to be daring, try some chocolate. []
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

quote:
I'm going to have to try making something like that...
Then there is the question of dough. There is the pizza dough which most are familiar with, and there are the thin crust vs. thick crust debates and the thinly laid toppings vs. the Chicago deep dish varieties. At home I make mine usually with a whole wheat dough because it is better for you. I've even see a kind of "pizza" baked on tortillas!

The limitations are only those of your palate and your imagination.

edit: I also saw once where someone cracked open a raw egg on top of the pizza (with other toppings) and baked it that way.

[ 06-21-2011, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Guess I'm simple when it comes to making pizzas. [] Eating them, on the other hand.. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

You could also make a fairly traditional style pizza with sauce and toppings sans cheese.

Or the classic Marguerita - thin crust, a bit of olive oil, diced tomatoes, a bit of mozzarella, sprinkled with basil... give or take. Other Marguerita recipes maybe add a little here or there more but with the classic three with the colors of the Italian flag - Red (tomato), white (mozzarella) and green (basil), you can't go wrong.

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to be the opposite of Aika in regards to pizza. MOAR CHEEZ PLEEZ! []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

quote:
I also saw once where someone cracked open a raw egg on top of the pizza (with other toppings) and baked it that way.
Weird, right? Saw it at Artorios, my first time there.
Didn't look very appealing. []

An uncommon topping I enjoy on my pizza is corriander. []
(Indians tend to overdo it with the corriander sometimes... [] )

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

[] is it possible that we might need a pizza thread? []
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

Good idea.
...There's a favourite food thread... somewhere. []

With pizza and 24 on my mind, I'm not sure what I'll be dreaming about tonight.

Night all []

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
With pizza and 24 on my mind, I'm not sure what I'll be dreaming about tonight.
24? You mean the TV show?

"Jack, it's the pizza delivery guy! He's the terrorist!"
"What?!"
"The bomb must be in one of the pizza boxes. You have less than thirty minutes to find it before it explodes!"
"Damn it! Kim's at the party he's delivering to!"
23:59:58...23:59:59...24:00:00

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Would it be terrible if I told you all that I don't actually like pizza? Too much cheese.

Oh Aika there is no such thing as too much cheese! I'm finding that I am becoming increasingly lactose intolerant (I puked after eating a quatro formaggi pizza on the weekend, and again did so after eating an ice cream yesterday [] ) and yet I still can't stay away from the stuff!

I often make pizzas on Greek pita: chilli and garlic sauce base, mushrooms, red capsicum, olives, and a bit of cheese and oregano crumbled over the top. Definitely not the most traditional recipe, but it's so easy to make and omnomnom delicious! In fact, I have a photo (not because I am completely insane and photograph everything I eat, but because, long story short - I was thinking of starting a food blog for lazy twenty-somethings such as yours truly ... but was too lazy to do it [] )

-

E: I don't think I've ever watched an episode of 24. Is it worth looking into?

[ 06-22-2011, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Hoom ]

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 39)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help