Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 3)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dragon's back!

*huggles*

Missed you!

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Lyra!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hullo.

*huggles hobbit too*

*wraps up a chocolatey hug for a certain Noldo Princess as well*

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ANDRETH??? [] []
Please don't disappear again - please come back []

*notices a wrapped up chocolatey hug for a Noldo Princess*
*suspects that it may be for this one [] *

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Well, yes. Of course it was.

Why didn't anyone ever tell me that Andreth lived in the same State as I do? []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was never really aware of which state she lived in.

And I have no idea where she lives now.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Well, as I learned it from reading old Opelë threads, I kind of thought you knew.
Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
posted      Profile for Mavis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*meanders past in between work, class, editing duties, and rugby*

Ciao, everyone! I probably still won't be around much, but I thought I'd drop a line anyway. I don't think I participated in the last Opelë at all, so I figure I should grace this one with my dazzling presence. []

We'll see if I manage to get back here anytime soon. I don't know who planned my schedule for this semester, but it couldn't have been me. [] It's far too full.

From: Stuck in a mental mire | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

[]
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*didn't get to meet Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia)* [] Too many others trying to meet him... Plus, I wasn't informed earlier that I had to preorder Season 2 from that store to get anything signed. []

But I did get to see him... [] He was five metres away from me. []

Oh, and so was Hiro (Masi Oka)! []

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*had a long day at work*
*has a head ache*
*is dl-ing Prison Break*
*two episodes = [] *
*will try to sleep the headache off*
*hopes the dl will be complete*

From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

So I hear that race day went pretty well for our team Saturday!

We were 2nd fastest qualifying, and the fastest car (driven by the points leader) had engine trouble just a little ways into the feature.

So, you'd think we'd be the likely winner, right?

Well, no. Between position inversion and a spin out on lap one, involving four cars including ours, we ended up third. Stopped behind the spin-out, didn't contact any other car, weren't at fault by any stretch of the imagination -- but because there's an insane ignoramous making the calls this season, we got put at the back at the restart instead of retaining our excellent position.

Passed all but two of the other cars by the end of the race, so 3rd place yay. Plus 2nd in the dash. Not sure what happened in the heat race - last of four? Must have been running on crappy old tires, or trying to tweak something to get faster than #23 that should have been tweaked the other way.

Anyway -- Wing's phone went out over the weekend, so I got a lot of this from the website before I heard from him. Back on now, so YAYS!

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*has a head ache*
And I feel like I'm gonna throw up. Sucks that Aunty made one of my favourite type of foods, and I'm put of eating at the moment.

Have you seen it yet? []

Oh, Andreth and Mavis! WOW [] []

MEH! You (Brae) saw MV! [] [] []

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Mavis, as well? []
And she posted! []

Yay for oldies coming back - hope they'll stay []

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Wouldn't that be nice?

*needs tea*

*finds teapot*

*brews it strong & hot*

Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
posted      Profile for Mavis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Look, another post!

Today I was dubbed the Violent One in my creative writing class. Just because we were told to share a great personal triumph, then have someone else tell it . . . [] She got the emphasis wrong, and lingered more on what I thought about doing than on what I actually did. [] It was a story about forgiveness and patience, not about throwing a jagged-cut swimming fin at someone's skull in an attempt to draw blood. []

Oh well, at least everyone knows my name! []

From: Stuck in a mental mire | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hee... ooh, violent bird. []

Good to see you here again, Mavis. []

*must now face the rain and drive to the post office* []

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*directs to last LJ update*
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

*reads last LJ update*
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

*wonders why MT has been even more quiet than usual*
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Week-end, dude []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

Weekend indeed..
[]
Too short.

quote:
Dog and Cat Joke......?
DOG DIARY

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 PM - Lunch! My favorite thing!

1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

CAT DIARY

Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.

Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.

For now...

The Cat!

[]

[ 09-07-2008, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Telperáca ]

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

*cough*

I'm running on pretty much 7 hours sleep. Which is no way enough for me.
Why?
Because the damn internet is addictive.
[]

I've been in London for the last two weeks. I'm beginning to feel homesick. []

And I miss all my useless things. [] Though I still have my laptop. It eases the pain. Slightly. []

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Well, I've gone and gotten myself addicted to coffee again, to the point where I'm drinking a whole pot all by myself every day.

I blame Wings. He brought me a whole bunch of coffee from the foodbank where he volunteers every Friday morning.

Urgh, the Politics in the Pony is getting to me again...

Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
*tumbles in, bruised in more places than are worth counting*

I got assigned a new position at rugby, and it's gonna be interesting. [] Fun, but a lot different than what I used to do. The amount of contact play, for example . . .

Lyra - I've never liked the politics in the Pony. I've always managed to avoid them. [] Politics in general should not be discussed by volatile people. The other night I was trying to do some slush reading at a sci-fi and fantasy magazine I volunteer for, but two other slush readers decided to have a political debate that lasted an hour and a half. In that time, I read one page-and-a-half story. Which was really bad, because in that time I was supposed to do the copyediting for a substantially sized story and a developmental review for a hefty one. Now I have to cram them in before tomorrow night (sometime between working and reading Canterbury Tales and a bunch of Italian literature). Currently I am not pleased with how politics are influencing my life. Call me selfish. [] []

[ 09-16-2008, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Mavis ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help