Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 22)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Truly great. I like the way their hands are nearly touching, but not quite - and their facial expressions show that they are wondering whether they should take that next step, but aren't at all sure that it would be wise to. []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I do wish that Internet providers would not send out the depressing news to me every time I log on. I come onto the Internet to relax and possibly chat with friends and people with fellow interests, not to be bombardied with whatever the latest miserable headline that the newsbroadcasters choose to give to me. It's not that I don't have an interest in current affairs, I do, but I prefer to find about things in my own sweet manor, not to be told in an instant how bad things are!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you could make The Onion your home page.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid comments by bosses at work no.5481. 'Are you aware that there is an Audit, today!' Yes, of course we're aware, we've been working towards it for the last 4 blinking hours! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Did the bosses suddenly think of it, then - after having delegated all the work to you and then forgotten?
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

No, we just have a lot of bosses! Or perhaps I should say Managers! And perhaps sometimes the channels of management communication are not all that one might wish for! And they do seem to have the urge to come in and give us comments and suggestions when we are quite busy. I often think that if they are that keen why don't they actually give us a hand? Or failing that leave us to get on with it! But somehow we do seem to do our stuff!
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Happy Christmas, everyone!
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I second that! []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Happy New Year to all here as well! Hmmmm, it's six am on Sunday morning and I can't get back to sleep. Annoying as I know I will pay for it later today and I want to do things today. Even if some of which involves drinking beer. And its six hours before the pubs open. Well, actually one does open a bit earlier on a Sunday, but only real hard-core alcoholics or those with extremely odd lifestyles drink at 10:00 on a Sunday morning on January the 3rd, so I think I'll wait. Maybe I'll make some breakfast if I still can't sleep
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else here see the SyFy series Alice last month? The Hatter had a lovely Tea House. []

The Hatter was also quite lovely himself. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Happy New Year!
I would have liked to see that Tea House, Brae
(and the Hatter, too, for that matter [] )

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Speaking of Sir Issac Newton's birthday, it does seem odd that in all the centuries of time, with all it's learned people, he was the first person, when been hit on the head with an apple to think, 'Why did that happen?'
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just been amazed & frightened by one DeviantARTist's talents:

Ungoliant & Melkor

Ancalagon against Earendil's teeny ship during the War of Wrath

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Amazing indeed!
Good enough to go in a calendar, IMO - but I wouldn't buy that calendar and have to stare at one of those monsters for a whole month []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

When one considers that Melkor himself is pretty big, that must make Ungoliant really huge in that picture! [] Probably too big really, and bloated with all those jewels that explains why she was beaten of by all the forces of Angband when Melkor when Melkor cried. A bigger spider means a bigger target! Still, one also wonders what became of all those jewels that she swallowed. Maybe just one dropped out of her on her later travels?
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I think the books say that it's not known how she died.
Perhaps she died from indigestion because she couldn't digest the jewels? []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't she eat herself in the end ?
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that was a speculation.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Right. Sounds kinda appropriate, though []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I made some quite delicious Mushy Peas today!
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not a single post in Feb.
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Not a very active thread these days ...
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Don't be sad, tell you what, why don't you share some of my superb mushy peas? Oh, no you can't I've eaten them all! I could be a celebrity chef you know! After all, I can cook a stir-fry as well as Jamie Oliver. Or shout at people as much as Gordon Ramsey. Or do what Ainsley Harriot does, though now I think about it, I'm not exactly sure what Ainsley Harriot does! Mind, I'm not very good at the looking at the camera been very tense to see if I've made it through to the final of Masterchef look, so perhaps I couldn't []
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He thinks he's good at wiggling his hips.
I've seen better though.

Hmm, thanks for the offer, but the masala dhosa was much more appealing then the peas. Nomnomnom!

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

If the peas aren't that appealing - and besides have already disappeared - why don't you make us something else, Hamfast?

I say, what about you make us some chocolate cake? *drools*

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 22)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help