Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 2)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Get someone who knows to translate knitting or cross-stitch into Quenya
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ared, you're on LJ? [] [] []

quote:
The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.
~Mary Kurtz []

[ 08-27-2008, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Telperáca ]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aredhel Isilrá
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3149

posted      Profile for Aredhel Isilrá   Author's Homepage   Email Aredhel Isilrá   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
sort of....
From: Etelä-Pohojanmaa; Finland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have an idea for a new superhero. I'm going to call him Angstman! He's got a nice costume with an A on it. He doesn't actually have any superpowers, but is full of Angst. So, he's half way there! Because I have noticed that all of the superhero films that there are, insist on the hero having lots of Angst in his personality []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*wanders in in search of cuiveyuldë*

*finds nothing but cold, soggy leaves and dried out used grounds*

*looks out the windows and sees virtually empty streets*

Even the people who are here aren't posting much...

*sigh*

*brews a bit of tea, perks a bit of coffee*
*desultorily peruses the shelves of dry goods for something worth baking*

Hm. Maybe a few chocolate brownies will entice a few regulars back...

-

[ 08-30-2008, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: LyraLuthien Tinuviel ]

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*smells brownies*
*follows the fragrance*
*enters the Opelë*
*eats brownies*
[]

Good job, Lyra! []

If all goes well, I'll attend my Dad's 80th birthday next month. Originally he hadn't planned on having any party, just going away for the weekend with his wife (my stepmother). He doesn't like a lot of fuss.

But then his brother and his sister (who are 71 and 61 respectively) have told him that they are planning to visit him on his birthday, and then I'll join them. Just hope that there won't be any glitch at the last minute. His wife's health isn't always the best, although she's been fine lately.

I don't want to book a cheap flight, just in case ... I might just take the train instead. Or even a bus/coach - nine hours on a comfortable bus isn't too bad. Even the train journey involves two hours on a bus for the last stretch of road.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

*will be having a big birthday party/Labor Day bash on Monday*

*huggles Varna*

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm trying to stay away from political threads and sites with them until after the election. []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If only we could wake up your Muse, she would surely help you with that.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Train journeys in Norway sounds like adventureous affairs, Varna!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
She's on her way over from Derry, I think. I was actually thinking about my next entry today. []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

We don't talk politics much here in the Opelë, though.

*poked another site earlier this week*
*got little to no result*

*has not received any calls from the racetrack about the car's performance today* []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

By the way, it's nearly my 2nd year anniversary at MT!
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Hamfast -
quote:
By the way, it's nearly my 2nd year anniversary at MT!
So it is! In just over two weeks! []
quote:
Train journeys in Norway sounds like adventureous affairs, Varna!
When I insist on going somewhere where no rail line has been built, I'm just happy that they have included buses that correspond with the train times. And whether I cross it on the train or just see it from the bus, I should go near this beautiful railway bridge:

-

Amarië -
quote:
She's on her way over from Derry, I think. I was actually thinking about my next entry today. []
She's on the move? []

And as Lyra says, you should be safe from politics here in the Opelë []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What a wonderful picture, Varna []

I should really go visit you in Oslo sometime. Then you could show me around the Norwegian country, and we could visit Artaresto in Trondheim [] []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Hi, Varna, Inc! I didn't actually know that one could see the actual day that someone joined MT just the month! So I thought a general September would do. Also happens to be Jack Daniels birthday, September, but no-one knows the precise date!
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

A little more than one week from now is my SIXTH anniversary at MT. []

Check out "Curufin the Crafty"'s information, not Ama's. []

Hard to believe I've been coming here that long.

Yes, Varna, she's trying to come back. []

AND I SEE ANDRETH!!! ANDRETH!!! ANDRETH!!!

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Excellent, the brownies were very effective!

Hamfast, your exact registration date doesn't show in your posts, but it is in your profile (click the little book icon).

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... Andreth was here? [] [] []
From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

She was!

I saw her!

[] [] []

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A little more than one week from now is my SIXTH anniversary at MT.
I'm coming up on my sixth anniversary as well... [] []

Wow... Andreth? []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm going to celebrate Amárie's anniversary tomorrow by meeting Peter Petrelli. [] Hopefully. [] It'll depend how many others know about this "meeting". []
From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

[] []

*decides not to talk to Braeden anymore. []

And my sixth anniversary isn't technically until the 8th. []

Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...by meeting Peter Petrelli.
[]
Not long left till it's back. Roughly, just over 20 days.
[]

I was hardly able to concentrate at work today. TV is so demanding, even when not watching it. []

From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help