Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 1)
Author Topic: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome One and All, to the I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë, or in English as we would say The Tea House: The Wolf and Dragon.

I'm happy to announce that in addition to out lovely Tea House, we also have and extended inn where everyone is welcome.

We have unlimited flavors of teas, coffees, biscuits, (peanut butter) and of course, a limitless supply of chocolate so enjoy to your heart's content. []

Due to the peaceful atmosphere and lack of gate-crashers, the members' list has been removed. []

But NOT the banner.
 -
( [] to Sherl who made it)

Elyrka Redsmith is the owner of the establishment, but she is on a well-deserved (and very long) break. Varnafindë, Braeden and Sherl have been running the place for her. If you need to talk to Elyrka when she's around you can find her on MSN: oni_kamadaki@hotmail.com - or, you can email her at: starlight.ofdawn@gmail.com.

She has this to say to all visitors:
quote:
Welcome to the Opelë, where everyone is welcome - except Orcs, of course. Come, sit by the fire and have some tea.

Although we welcome one and all, the Opelë is, as you may have guessed, the unofficial home to the Quenya Defenders. If you mock the name of Quenya in here, the management of the Opelë can claim no responsibility for the consequences.

No 'text message' spelling or grammar is to be used in the Opelë. If you cannot take the time to post correctly, please refrain from posting.

---

We're branching off!

There's now an affiliated branch of the Opelë on another board.
We'll comply with the rules and not advertise, but you could always PM Varna, Aika or Amarië for details (or check their profiles).

[ 08-25-2008, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Telperáca ]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
First post! I'll have a cup of tea, please! How did you manage to find the Quenya for tea-house? I don't remember that been mentioned anywhere!
Edit: And I tell you what, have some chocolate cake to celebrate!

[ 08-22-2008, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
First posts are so predictable. []
And overrated. []
[]

Joy for Friday.
*is packed to go home*

[ 08-22-2008, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Black Dragon ]

From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*gets some freshly boiled tea for Hamfast, 2 dishes with slices of chocolate cake*
Chocolate is also suppose to be toxic for Dragons. Who said I didn't care? []

Yay indeed for a Friday, and weekend, and chocolate.

quote:
How did you manage to find the Quenya for tea-house?
I think it must have been one of the older members right at the beginning when the Opele originated. Most likely from the Quenya dictionary. []
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
5th post, 4th reply. []

My Friday's almost over. [] *has four hours of work tomorrow* []

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, all the cool kids are in the bottom right-hand lozenge.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
posted 22 August, 2007: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: Láta Omentië Nomë
quote:
posted 22 August, 2008: I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë
Thank you for starting the new one, Telpy! []

*walks over into the extended inn - The Wolf & Dragon - to see what's on the menu*

Is this where pub fare is served? If so, I'd like some shepherd's pie, please. []
quote:
How did you manage to find the Quenya for tea-house? I don't remember that been mentioned anywhere!
Aika links to a site at GeoCities, which says,
quote:
kuiveyulda `coffee' was coined by Andy Mariani and means "wake-up drink"
We use it for tea as well, as another wake-up drink.

I think 'opelë' is a word for 'house' from the official dictionaries.

Edit:
I've removed the link to the site at GeoCities, because GeoCities has been closed down. Yahoo is no longer offering free webspace, only paid accounts.

[ 06-12-2010, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*posts* []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*posts*
*is slightly more relevant than Inc' due to more words*

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, people are always more relevant than me, right ? []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] No-one is more relevant than you. You are relevant to my interests. [] []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings all!

*posts in new Opele*

[]

I hate going to the gym.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Then don't go. []

[]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But I ~have to go. []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A full Inn?
Excellent.
*claims a room*
*snags some dark!m&m's*
*fluffs pillows*
*snuggles in*

So, my virtual self will get some rest this weekend, unlike my rl self.
This weekend's for racing, starting 3:00 Friday through late Saturday.

*gets at least partial credit for this Inn's name*
*feels a bit smug*

[ 08-22-2008, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: LyraLuthien Tinuviel ]

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

*claims a room as well* []
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] []
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

[Lolcat] Do want [/Lolcat] []
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Fastest car + bestest driver should have equalled a win.

Unfortunately, we never made it past lap 5 of the Main.

Something in the motor blew up -- the guys who know what they're talking about were talking valve springs.

The points leader came in fourth, though, as there was also something wrong with his motor.

Watching the rookies fight for 2nd place was much more interesting than watching the leader, who was half a track ahead of everyone else!

Eh. Racing make me tired this weekend.

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lyra -
quote:
*gets at least partial credit for this Inn's name*
Indeed. []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

I'm serious about racing making me tired, too.

I was drinking coffee all day yesterday, and still all I could think was "I need a nap!"

*just finished 3rd cup for Monday morning*

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

Everyone had a good weekend? []

I did! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Hi! My name is Telpy and I'm a Skittle-addict.

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Not so much until after 8:00 Sunday.
The rest of the weekend had its bumpy bits.
And, as previously mentioned, there was lots of racing, which made me []

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

I had a crap weekend. Or...what weekend? I worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Aredhel Isilrá
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3149

posted      Profile for Aredhel Isilrá   Author's Homepage   Email Aredhel Isilrá   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Coming up with a name is really difficut... []

I've put up a LiveJournal account and I try to think of a good name, since it's going to be all about my craft works. Well mainy what have I knitted or cross stitched.

Any ideas?

From: Etelä-Pohojanmaa; Finland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I Cuiveyulda Opelë: I Ráca Ar Lókë (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help