Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How to Choose a Screen Name (Page 4)
Author Topic: How to Choose a Screen Name
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TheLastElf?

I want to call you that from now on. []

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's why Elyrka still calls me Lelfy.
Elf to goddess - I consider that a promotion.
[]
Please don't.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Actually, I seem to remember that name. Or remember someone talking about it. Or something.

I'm too boring when it comes to screen names. I started as Thorin and I'm still Thorin. Maybe one day I'll change it to something loud and flamboyant, like Thorinius Magnus Maximus of The Lonely Mountainus. [] Or maybe not.

By the way, I edited the first post.

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah... one of my favorite threads. []

But you forgot the hyphen in the original Wiki's name Dwarf.

[ 09-13-2006, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Fixed. I also changed Singollo back to Thingol. I was only six months late or so on that one. []
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had forgot about this thread - it's fairly hilarious.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
"Fairly"? []
Lord Sméagol
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1838
posted      Profile for Lord Sméagol   Email Lord Sméagol   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
generic names?
From: ...the great river... | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belthronding
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5113
posted      Profile for Belthronding   Email Belthronding   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pull me tight, and let fly my arrows!
From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Thorin, for that information on how to change screen names. |I've decided to change mine. It is really the one which I wanted in the first place.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Your welcome. Personally, I like either Hamfast or Gaffer. It seems strange that we haven't had one or the other before that I can recall.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I noticed that which is one of the reasons why I choose the name. The character does not have many lines in the story, but he is signifigant and also virtually the first character we meet in the tale. By the way is their something humorous about the name 'Floating Log'?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Perhaps
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Omg....Thorin. This is the funniest thing I've read all day. []

I think I vaguely remember this...but not really. Oh man...oh man.

I definitely did good on my nominations this year! []

Oh yeah, and my screen name is a real name I know, but it's not my name so MEH.

At one point I was "Lillianna Moril" but I thought it was too long.

Then there was my infamous second account where I was technically an oldbie (citizen number 997), but that went to the pits of deletion land.

[ 01-20-2007, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't there a "used to have this screen name" thread somewhere?

Hamfast, you might want to post your new/old names there, just so those who interact with you can keep track of who you are. []

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's even one of the sticky threads:
Name changes - RFP - Updated: 23-08-06, 19.10 GMT

The threadmaster isn't around as much as he used to, though, so it doesn't get updated very frequently. Hopefully it won't need to all that often ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, thanks! []

I was looking for it elsewhere -- didn't think of the Pony...

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I am thinking of putting a space between Hamfast and Gamgee purely for presentation purposes. Would that be a good idea or would it confuse people. It would be the second time that I changed my screen name.
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be a good idea (for the stated reason of presentation), and I very much doubt it would confuse people. Most probably would not even notice. []
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just your friends.
And seeing as you discussed it with us first, you have very little to worry about.
[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Go ahead. It will be a better name then. And it will only give the feeling that you have changed the spelling.

It's one of the good reasons for changing your name. We'll get used to it very soon - perhaps even immediately. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Ok, I've done it, lets see what's its like.
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wha....? Nooooo!!! Who is that? I'm so confused... is it a new citizen or an old citizen that has changed his name? Aaaaaah... []

[]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

[]
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How to Choose a Screen Name (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help