Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I'm a newbie (Page 1)
Author Topic: I'm a newbie
Éarn, daughter of Arwen
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2812

posted      Profile for Éarn, daughter of Arwen   Email Éarn, daughter of Arwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO!! I am a newbie, I registered in October and I have been coming to this site unsure of what to do and staring at the screen waiting for topic to come up that I knew something about. Well now I will tell you a little about myself: I go to school in New York, I'm in 9th grade, I participate in Speech and Debate, I'm part of our schools Drama club, and I'm on my schools soccer and volly ball teams. I enjoy reading also. I just finished THe Hobbit, and Now reading The Fellowship for a 2nd time. And I know Peregrin and Dolenbalion from school they are both my friends
From: lothlorien | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Estella! Glad you finally are getting around to posting. I hope you enjoy the City as much as Dole and I do. Now you won't get so lost when we start rambling about certain citizens.
And I suppose I should warn you about Mith and ZENITH. But I don't feel like it.
See ya around.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Support cows named Bob, if you don't who will?
Save a Cow, eat a Chicken!

From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Éarn, daughter of Arwen
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2812

posted      Profile for Éarn, daughter of Arwen   Email Éarn, daughter of Arwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
when you feel like it, sometime tell me about Zenith and Mith []
From: lothlorien | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Sandry of Ruatha
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2732

posted      Profile for Lady Sandry of Ruatha   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Sandry of Ruatha   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
mae gonnaven, mellonyn!
elen síla lumenn omentíelvo
if someone says bang, ignore it. there is i 100% chance that person will be called zenith or mithrander.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
De te fabula narratur: amabatur.

From: Ruatha Hold | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ZEN and Mith aren't bad though. They are misunderstood. I've said it a million times, but I say it again: I've been shot a thousand times, but look at me. I turned out just fine.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maikatellumaiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1301

posted      Profile for Maikatellumaiel   Author's Homepage   Email Maikatellumaiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They are characters!

Welcome Estella! I hope you come to love this city as I do!

From: Over there looking at a thing in a bag. | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
100% chance
at 100% it's still called a chance...?
Well, newb, this other newb has proven it's stupidity. You should probably not take what it has to say seriously.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am still awesome.

From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eleanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2536

posted      Profile for Eleanor Gamgee   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, it was people like Zenith who more or less scared me away from MT. There are a bunch of jerks with rods up their butts around here, but luckily, there are also many more nice and decent people. Just don't let the tightwads get to you.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
A proud member of H.A.A.H.A.A.
~*~*~*~*~*~
"When I grow up, I'm not going to read the newspaper and I'm not going to follow complex issues and I'm not going to vote. That way I can complain that the government doesn't represent me. Then, when everything goes down the tubes, I can say the system doesn't work and justify my further lack of participation. [...] It's a lot easier to blame things than to fix them." --Calvin

From: St. Louis... well, close enough. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorongil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 792

posted      Profile for Thorongil   Email Thorongil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elanor Gamgee...relax, take a deep breath, and enjoy MT. If others post things you don't like, take it in stride. That is life. Don't leave the message board because there are a few of the 1000+ members who you don't get along with.
From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

quote:
I do not know to what company you will be assigned; or the Lord may hold you at his own command. But you will be welcome. And it will be well to meet as many men as you may, while there is yet time. -Beregond 'Minas Tirith', The Return of the King
'Welcome and well met', Estella, to this fair city. In the words of Turgon Lord of the Hidden City of Gondolin:

quote:
Welcome, kinsman, for so [we] hold you. Here you shall dwell at your pleasure...
And I am sure your stay will be an enjoyable one. []

[ 01-09-2003, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Fingolfin of the Noldor ]

From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
with rods up there butts
im truly offended!

Peragrin took how dare you mention me to your friends!

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

Everyone mentions you, Z. Why can't I? And I haven't actually said anything that i don't say in any of the other newbie threads.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Éarn, daughter of Arwen
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2812

i thank all of you that have warned and welcomed me but just to let you know i fhave changed my name to Éarn daughter of Arwen maybe we can all be great friends. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Éarn, daughter of Arewn
Defender of Good and Slayer of Evil
*draws sword*

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

*bang*
shoots new'b on principal- changing name!
*bang*
Shoot the fool of a took for not telling her not to!

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eleanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2536

posted      Profile for Eleanor Gamgee   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*takes a deep breath*

Deep, soothing breaths.... deep, soothing breaths....

Think happy thoughts...

*sits in the lotus position* Ohhhhmmmmmmmmmmm....

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~*~*~*~*~*~
"When I grow up, I'm not going to read the newspaper and I'm not going to follow complex issues and I'm not going to vote. That way I can complain that the government doesn't represent me. Then, when everything goes down the tubes, I can say the system doesn't work and justify my further lack of participation. [...] It's a lot easier to blame things than to fix them." --Calvin

From: St. Louis... well, close enough. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

~pushes her over~
[] [] [] []

Éarn, daughter of Arwen
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2812

Hey ZEN, be nice! I know that you know how!
Oh, right, this is pip on Éarn's name. []

Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*whaps Z* Leave Eleanor alone! An Ellz- hey, don't worry. I only know of four people that can be...mean. And they're not mean ALL the time. Except for one. Everyone ELSE is nice. []

[ 01-09-2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Anoren the Elf ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Proud Member of H.A.A.H.A.A.

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

posted      Profile for faithy gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email faithy gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
reaches out gives newbie kiss of death and slaps.welcome Éarn, daughter of Arwen i was not aware that arwen had kids.
From: under a pointy hat. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eleanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2536

Bah! You broke my concentration!

*settles back into the lotus position* Ohhhhhmmm..... *hovers eight feet above the ground*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~*~*~*~*~*~

Éarn, daughter of Arwen
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2812

Eleanor, just relax and continue to meditate 8 feet above the ground JUST DON"T FALL!! I am most sorry for disturbing you.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Éarn, daughter of Arewn
Defender of Good and Slayer of Evil
*draws sword*

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

ZEN is the disturbing one Éarn. He pushed her over. []

Elanor: People at MT aren't that bad. You make things seem a lot worse than they really are.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Samwise Gamgee II
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2993

posted      Profile for Samwise Gamgee II   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Éarn!! Sheesh ... Z and Mith seem to be given bad names here, however, I've liked them from the beginning, so you shan't hear me complain about them. Mith won my respect cuz he's a pyro, and a cool citizen of MT. Z's an oldbie, and I respect him, and find his tradition of shooting newbies fascinating.
Anyways, back to welcoming you:

-

If you should need anything (even just someone to send a PM to) go ahead and ask me!
EDITED FOR: that first pic didn't work, I'll have to try another.

[ 01-10-2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Samwise Gamgee II ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Savvy? But why's the rum gone??
Nothing's worth it until you earn it.
For a completely random and hilarious story: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/soldar/index.htm

From: unfortunately not Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Éarn, to Minas Tirith!

I hope your stay is long and prosperous!

-
(Me greeting newbies)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.
~Bernadette Devlin
http://www.shonjir.net

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eleanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2536

*still hovering*

I'm not saying that EVERYBODY at MT is a jerk, not at all. I'm just saying that when a newbie comes in, and one of the first people they bump into tells them off, it creates something of a bad impression.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » I'm a newbie (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help