Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » Greetings Citizens!
Author Topic: Greetings Citizens!
SwanLady
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2503

posted      Profile for SwanLady   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, everyone! I've been reading this site and it looks wonderful; I love Tolkien and just had to join!

I can't wait to meet everyone!

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings, SwanLady, and welcome to Minas Tirith!
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

posted      Profile for Shards of Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the city of the white tower SwanLady!
Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hail and Well Met []

Welcome to Minas Tirith []

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hail and well met, SwanLady. What a lovely name! May your stay at Minas Tirith be long and happy.
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to minas Tirith. May your stay be long and happy.

~ DQ

Edit: SwanLady you are most honoured. SSA's post to you was her 200oth!

Congrats SSA! []

[ 08-29-2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: The Dark Queen Iauraearien ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
In place of the Dark Lord you would have a Queen. Not dark, but beautiful, terrible as the Morn. Stronger than the foundations of the Earth. All shall love me and despair!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*:. A Proud Member Of H.A.A.H.A.A. .:*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Minas Tirith The Home of such magnifisant people like, Aragorn, Boromir, Faramir, Denethor, and ofcourse one of the Palantier's (not really a "people" [] )!
Anyways! Welcome Swan Lady []

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estella Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1819

posted      Profile for Estella Brandybuck   Email Estella Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the White City!

I wish a most long and happy stay here.

Stop by The Newbie Chocolate House some time. Your first drink and brownie are free and it's specially for scared or nervous newbies.

From: The Shire | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
2000? Really?

*resolves to be quiet*

*realises this is a hopeless resolve, and carries on posting*

Sorry, SwanLady! Please don't delete your newbie thread without warning me though! This is a scarily momentous occasion.

Edit: so this is my Space Odyssey post! Woohoo!

[ 08-29-2002, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
a drum role please

*bang*
*BANG*
*BANG*
*BANG*

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

SwanLady, being shot by Zenith is kind of a compliment! Don't run away!
Manveri
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1806

posted      Profile for Manveri   Author's Homepage   Email Manveri   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Welcome !!!!
Have a great time here!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Yet my heart loves December`s smile /As much as July`s golden beam;/ Then let us sit and watch the while/ The blue ice curdling on the stream"
(Emily Jane Brontë)
~Newt chicks kick ass~

From: Brazil, São Paulo City | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SwanLady
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2503

posted      Profile for SwanLady   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your kind welcomes, it's very kind of you.

SSA, I have read some of your posts around MT (I visited for a while before I registered) and regard it as an honour that you had your 2000th post here.

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
SSA, I have read some of your posts around MT (I visited for a while before I registered) and regard it as an honour that you had your 2000th post here.
This explains why Swanlady only posted 5 times. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This explains why Swanlady only posted 5 times. []
[] How so? Sorry, not following your drift. []
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I believe 'Dog is referring to the fact that SSA went through an extensive period of sockpuppeting/catfishing on this board. As most of his posts these days are digs at her or her daughter, I assumed that's why he's digging up old threads and making comments about SSA in so many of them.

I could be wrong of course, and there's a perfectly innocent reason why his necroposting seems to mention her so much. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Did we have catfishing here before it was even called "catfishing"? [] []

Necroposting is good. []

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
Necroposting is good.
Oh, I heartily agree! Go, 'Dog! []
quote:
most of his posts these days are digs at her or her daughter,
Well, dogs will dig things up. They bury things, too. []
Why so much interest in SSA and her daughter? []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I meant the term was good, not the practice. []
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
I meant the term was good, not the practice.
In that case, the only logical conclusion is that we are not in agreement, after all. [] Perhaps we should let this thread find it's own, timely end. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As most of his posts these days are digs at her or her daughter, I assumed that's why he's digging up old threads and making comments about SSA in so many of them.
Guessing you don't read much. [] I do throw a mention out to the collective now and then. []

The fact my random old-newbie post of the week dig up fit the pattern so well meant I couldn't resist. []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » Greetings Citizens!
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help