Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » Uh...Hello. I'm new to this site. (Page 1)
Author Topic: Uh...Hello. I'm new to this site.
Sulrunya Olaramainen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1898

posted      Profile for Sulrunya Olaramainen   Author's Homepage   Email Sulrunya Olaramainen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone. This isn't the first Tolkien site that I've joined but it's the first in this format.
It's kinda confusing when you're used to something else!

From: Maine, and that's where I'm stayin' | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

posted      Profile for Galion The Tipsy Butler   Email Galion The Tipsy Butler   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Sulrunya Olaramainen!

Welcome to Minas Tirith.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"There's been talk of some strange folk about. Can't be too careful."

Urp!

From: The Castle ...Aaaaaarrrrrg! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sulrunya Olaramainen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1898

posted      Profile for Sulrunya Olaramainen   Author's Homepage   Email Sulrunya Olaramainen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How do you get the picture underneath your name? I've been wondering about that since I first walked in here.
From: Maine, and that's where I'm stayin' | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

posted      Profile for Galion The Tipsy Butler   Email Galion The Tipsy Butler   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that's an Avatar. Go to the bottom Forum, Minas Tirith Site Announcements and click on Getting ready For Avatars. This should answer all of your questions. There are probably still some Avatars that are available, or you can post and request something. A number of our citizens here are quite adept at making them. Fran made mine. You can post your own, or email one to our Steward, White Gold Wielder. He does want it in a certain format, though. Take a look around that thread and many of your questions should be answered.
From: The Castle ...Aaaaaarrrrrg! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
it has to be a certain size, but many of our nice, wonderful citizens will be happy to resize a good pic for you
From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

posted      Profile for fran   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy to make you an avatar...

I have quite alot of them un-used (cos I have made alot!), so if you let me know what you want I might have it, or I can easliy make it.

Or if you have a specific pic you want...let me know []

eager to help, it's fun...

f

From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sulrunya Olaramainen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1898

Um...I tried going through that thread but my comp was being stubborn and wouldn't load half the pages [] Could you post a link here Fran? Thank you all! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not reached by the frost.

fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

I made you the avatar that you asked for, it's on page 23 of the avatar thread, which is quite a small page at the moment (3 posts!) so you should be ok...

f

From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1913
posted      Profile for Lady   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Could you do that for me????
From: In The Realm of the Woods... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

check your PM's Lady of the Woods!

f

Lady
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1913
posted      Profile for Lady   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Got it!!
From: In The Realm of the Woods... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

Check them again...?

f

Sil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1113
posted      Profile for Sil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to MT.

[]

From: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This n00b stuck around for 6 months in 2002.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone around who could help me with an avatar? I've seen some pictures that I like, but I am disallowed from downloading things onto this public computer. I especially like one that Snowdog has posted in his inn. [] I don't know; is it legal, using those pics from around the web as avatars?
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the information on gaining an avatar.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Snowdog, I found that before, but I am disallowed from downloading things on this public computer, so I cannot alter the size, etc. Is anyone available to help? Are you able? I like both the images I found at your inn. Is it legal to use those?
BTW, please check your Private messages, thanks. []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

As requested...

-

I'm only guessing this was the one yoi wanted.
And I don't have any PMs. []

[ 09-21-2015, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Hmmm, well, could we tweak that one to frame the face? The little flesh blobs are very pleasing to many, but the soul is viewed through a person's eyes. I rather like the demure and human face of the other image, though both are lovely. []
I did send you a private message. I wonder if someone else has deleted it? Does anyone else have your login? I spent the better part of an hour composing it. I will copy and resend.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Maybe they have gotten to me too.... []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

... or maybe not.

I thought the bOObz avatar would suit you well! [] []

[ 09-21-2015, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
I thought the bOObz avatar would suit you well!
Men. []
I'll look forward to your next attempt. []

[ 09-21-2015, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: faithfull ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

It'ldoo.

Where is Sulrunya Olaramainen now, and what is she doing?

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
It'ldoo.
[]
quote:
Maybe they have gotten to me too.... []
Maybe they have. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Can't you see it's a massive government conspiracy? Or have they gotten to you too?"

"Hey, hey, hey! Stop it! Stop it! Why are you guys jumping to such ridiculous conclusions? Haven't you ever heard of Ockham's razor? The simplest explanation is probably the correct one."

"So, what's the simplest explanation?"

"I don't know."

[ 09-22-2015, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » Uh...Hello. I'm new to this site. (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help