Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » All Newbie Questions Answered (Page 4)
Author Topic: All Newbie Questions Answered
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Musnud - I totally forgot about that question...must be the old age...

Post updated.

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

posted      Profile for Shards of Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Musnud and TG! []
Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Gentleman:

What does 'OOC' mean?

-Your clueless friend,
Miz Lobelia

From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OOC is Out Of Character
From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Miz Lobelia - Mith is correct and I have updated the first post for you.
From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Mithrander and TheGentleman. I knew from the context it had to be some sort of aside but couldn't make the letters work out at all (plus I kept thinking about the Librarian in Pratchett....)
From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Old age , TG?

LOL! Really... Don't break a hip. []

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course he's old, haven't you seen his avi?

And what with the broken jaw, bruised shins, and failing memory....

[]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

I also have a tendancy to fall asleep on my keyboard right in the middle of po m 30303030303030303030301d333333333 3333333 33333333333333333333331=
Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

posted      Profile for Bethberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TG,

*curtsies with a polite suggestion*

On your explanation of changing screen names, perhaps you could add that the citizen number will remain the same, so other Citizens will still recognize the 'user' behind the new name.

Bb

From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

Thank you Bethberry - I have amended the post as per your suggestion.
The Black Sword
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 772

posted      Profile for The Black Sword   Email The Black Sword   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question for you TG:

Where can i find discussions on Tolkien and his works ???

[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Master of doom by doom mastered"

From: Nargothrond | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

Updated.
The Black Sword
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 772

posted      Profile for The Black Sword   Email The Black Sword   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks TG

*Walks off to find a Norwegian Dictionary*

[ 05-30-2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: The Black Sword ]

From: Nargothrond | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TG - this does not help me. I have no knowledge of Norwegian. Do you know of any French sites - I'm fairly fluent in that.

btw, a note to all newbies , there is no such thing as a stupid question. If you don't know the answer, then it is only sensible to ask. All replies from TheGentleman (and occasionally his self-appointed assistants) are courteous and helpful.

Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

posted      Profile for Bethberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You could try this, SSA.
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Le Laurenendôrian : merci bien, cher monsieur. J'y vais.

[ 05-31-2002, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Jeg kan snakke Norsk!
From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know this sounds stupid, but, how do you get avatars?
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neffy G
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1852

posted      Profile for Neffy G   Email Neffy G   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
go to mt site announcements and then getting ready for avatars
From: Wherever really . . . | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tip, NG. I would have never have looked there. Now it's time to go avatar hunting!
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neffy G
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1852

posted      Profile for Neffy G   Email Neffy G   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
what kind you lookin for?
From: Wherever really . . . | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

I don't know. Something Tolkien related. Is there a site that has a big list to choose from?
Neffy G
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1852

err yeahif you look through some of the pages in the avatar place, fran has a site wiv all the pickies, when you've chosen you post asking WGW for it
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » All Newbie Questions Answered (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help