Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » All Newbie Questions Answered (Page 2)
Author Topic: All Newbie Questions Answered
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot this was here! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

posted      Profile for Eol the Dark Elf   Email Eol the Dark Elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Raises Hand*

Please sir, who's Citizen #1?

I know it's not strictly what you're looking for, but it's asked often enough.

From: Nan Elmoth | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

posted      Profile for Aina Moja   Author's Homepage   Email Aina Moja   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TG, It was very gentlemanly to post this here! [] LOL

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
They miss the whisper that runs any day in your mind,
“Who are you really, wanderer?”—
and the answer you have to give no matter how dark
and cold the world around you is: “Maybe I'm a king.”
William Stafford

From: The Back of A Camel | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you thank you THANK YOU for explaining the mysteries of the Personal Messages. I had carefully read over the FAQs just the other day trying to find this very information with no luck at all.

Do the mouse-overs for the smilies not work on MACs? I never see them even when I mouse over them.

From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Miz Lobelia, I'm not sure about MACs and mouse-overs. But be sure to try two things:

First, make sure you you have clicked on "Post Reply" and preparing to write a message.

Second, leave the mouse still over a smilie for several seconds.

If you still don't have anything show up, my guess is that it doesn't work on the MAC. However, hope is not lost, for you can still count them (if you're patient enough). The code for a smilie is ;#

Just count starting at '1' on the top left and ending at '56' at the bottom right. Good luck! []

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
To Eöl,

Love your avatar, so cool!

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

posted      Profile for fran   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love Eol's avatar too, so much so that I kept the orgional pic he sent me, it's just such a great pic...

f

From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Could someone tell me what it means if I add someone to my buddy list.
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I can't believe this old dog of a thread has been revived! I've updated it by the way and about this buddy list...I added a couple of people to my buddy list ages ago and as far as I can tell it makes no difference at all! Maybe someone else could shed some light on this quandry.
From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The old dog's old thread revived!

But how could you shatter our illusions like this:

quote:
Citizen #1 is the default administrator account created by the bulletin board upon its inception. It is not WGW's evil twin brother.

I want it to be the evil twin. I watch Star Trek. Evil twins are good!

I am now one unhappy newbie.....

*trudges off into the night, sobbing*

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Evil twin brothers have to be kept a secret...
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, L person - you are a constant source of worthwhile information. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Two questons?????

What is (sic), or what does it mean and
j/k???? too...

Thank you already for the answers,

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Answered.
From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Citizen #1 is the default administrator account created by the bulletin board upon its inception. It is not WGW's evil twin brother.
To tell the truth, I had thought it was because WGW was the Steward and so of course was reserving #1 for the King should he return. Thought it quite cleverly done, actually. I am sorry to see the actual explanation be something so mundane.

(edited spelling)

[ 04-30-2002, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Miz Lobelia ]

From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quite right Miz Lobelia. I would definitely have to agree with you on this point.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~*~ No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master. ~*~

It felt good though, didn't it? The trick is to get in fast, and leave even faster! ~ Singollo

From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

*displays ignorance/stupidity*

I really want to know this. On the main forums page, there is a link to vote at TolkienWorld. When you get there, what are you supposed to do? How do you register a vote?

Citizen # 718

SAA - your question has been answered...and welcome to MT: I hope you enjoy your stay here my newbieness!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

By SAA, do you mean SSA? So if I click, then arrive at that site, I have voted? If so, the whole process is as clear as badly-cellared beer.

But my grateful thanks for your all-too-gentlemanly help.

And I am delighted to be finally welcomed to MT by you! I hope I meet some nice people here.....

[ 05-02-2002, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Citizen # 718

I said SSA! It's just that my computer failed to interpret correctly! Yes, clicking on the link is all you need to do...
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

"garbage in, garbage out"
Citizen # 718

You need more sleep...
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

[]
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that clicking on the link is all that you need to do. You need to follow one of the links to the rankings in order to register your vote.
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

Well, maybe WGW could help on this one because I thought clicking the link increased the 'out' number. Clicking on the link within those sites will increase the 'in' number...I will research...

[ 05-03-2002, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: TheGentleman ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » All Newbie Questions Answered (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help