Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » All Newbie Questions Answered (Page 18)
Author Topic: All Newbie Questions Answered
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's a thing in UBB: they don't like parenthesis because they are annoying to deal with...
You won't be able to post it from that original link; not any way I can think of at least.

From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Thanks, Barafiniel! And thanks, Mith. you need to start asking me investing questions so I can pay you back for all of the computer questions you've answered for me.

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
posted      Profile for Mavis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if I'm repeating the question of another, but I didn't see the answer in the first post and I'm too lazy to read all these pages. []

Anyway, my question is:
What are the little lamps on the left of the forum titles? Some appear to be lit and others not. Anyone able to clear this up?

From: Stuck in a mental mire | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Elentári Tintallë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3734

posted      Profile for Elentári Tintallë   Email Elentári Tintallë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They signify that there has been active discussion in the forum. Welcome to the White City Mavis. I have just sent you a welcome pm (private message) so you can check it by clicking on the profile button on the top right of the screen. []
From: Nórë Vercieva- i Opelë | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
posted      Profile for Mavis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That makes sense. Thanks for helping me out.

[ 06-14-2004, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Mavis ]

From: Stuck in a mental mire | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren 19th Steward
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4690
posted      Profile for Beren 19th Steward   Author's Homepage   Email Beren 19th Steward   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've looked at the first few questions the last few. There seems an awful lot and I am terribly lazy so where can or Should I go to try and advertise my gondorian Roleplay site? I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I don't see anywhere where I could post. Should I have asked a moderator?
From: Norwich | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'There are no Moderators.'

'To bad as well. IT would be interesting to see some.'

'You could possibly advertise in either the Pony or in the Computer Game section.'

-Dark/Elf
[] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1284

posted      Profile for Raven   Email Raven   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What on earth was L.A.A.M.A.?
[]
It's not L-soething Against Angel Malgilwen A-something is it?

[ 07-04-2004, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Raven Malgilwen ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
We work in the dark - we do what we can - we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art.

From: Garden State | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LAAMA was the League Against Angry Mob Association. It was much needed when rioting was rife in the city...

~tg

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1284

posted      Profile for Raven   Email Raven   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, thanks.
[]
To justify my above parnoid vainty, I ran it through the search and only found it addressed to me.

E: Doh! I looked it up with the periods... []

[ 07-04-2004, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Raven Malgilwen ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
We work in the dark - we do what we can - we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art.

From: Garden State | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
(I read the faq and searched the FL for this before asking the question)
What does IIRC stand for, please?

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I recall correctly, it has something to do with trying to remember something.
From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gotcha. Thanks oodles. []
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've now dusted this bad-boy down and we're now re-open for business.

Are you a Noob?

Do you have a question or query?

If the answer to these questions is yes then fire your quandries at me and I'll do my very best to help you out and sheild you from those members who will chide you spontaneously should you ever make a basic mistake...

~tg

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Like misspelling two words in one post?
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

Yeah well I'm an oldie and can take it...

*sniff*

Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You made up for it by saying oldie instead of [] "oldbie". []
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OH DEAR GOD IT'S A THREAD-JACKING
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
I have a question, but it's not a newbie question and it's not a suggestion and it's not a technical question. I don't know where in the world to put it, but hopefully someone will stumble across this thing here and answer me. Maybe we just need a question thread?

Anyway, Herendil has a poll titled The definitive poll about Tolkien's works. But where the poll used to be in the first post, there is a link saying that it had been moved to another forum. If you try to follow that link, it says that the topic does not exist. A search gives no other results for this thread.

So where is the poll? The thread is still there. Was the thread moved to the Pony Archive and a copy deleted or something? I can't figure this out.

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The poll is four years old. It probably has been archived. And polls have expiration dates.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Yes, it is in the Pony Archive. However, other polls there you can still view. I asked about that some time ago, and WGW turned the polls on in the Pony Archive or some techno mumbo-jumbo that I don't understand.

For instance, here is my old Hobbit Poll. You can still view it. But Herendil's poll itself is missing.

Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
posted      Profile for Matt The Courageous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt The Courageous   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, call me stupid I don't care. Maybe I could find it on my own. But it's late. Question, in the directory where the citizen numbers are shown, Why is there a skip in the numerical sequence? What spurred my interest was talk about those that don't post or haven't posted in years.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Long may truth prevail."
"Peace to the faithful."
"Fear no darkness!"
"Fight the good fight!"
"for even a fool if he is silent, men will think him wise"
Anger is easy, forgiveness is hard.

From: pacific northwest | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

The gaps in the numbers are mostly for citizens who registered at MT, but never posted, and were, as such, deleted. You can read more on this here.
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
posted      Profile for Matt The Courageous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt The Courageous   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I hadn't gotten there in my exploring yet. MT is a very large place to me. I hope to see all the corners here.
From: pacific northwest | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancing Sparrow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2240

posted      Profile for Dancing Sparrow   Author's Homepage   Email Dancing Sparrow   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You know... this place was once as large as the pony or at least seemed like it.

Now there are cobwebs in all the corners and the water pipes are rusted shut. What is going on here! Is the n00b patrol getting them before they even register!? []

From: Over Yonder *points south* | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » All Newbie Questions Answered (Page 18)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help