Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 9)
Author Topic: How'd you find your way here?
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwen Legolas
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 6401
posted      Profile for Arwen Legolas   Email Arwen Legolas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have not yet posted in Here. I found the SIte once before but could not figure out how it worked. Then I met Eärendil at the Tolkien Chat, and he invited me back. So I gave it another chance. I am happy to have figured out by now how to work this board.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Yé! utúvienyes!

From: Traveling between Lasgalen and Rivendell | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scientia Excelsa
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 7316
posted      Profile for Scientia Excelsa   Email Scientia Excelsa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Google. I've lurked for a year and recently became a citizen.
From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, a bit of an old Thread, but to answer the question. I'm not sure I can quite remember. I did used to lurk quite a bit in the old days before I finally plucked up the courage to register. But as to how I found it in the first place, I'm not sure. It was definitely in the time of the movies, so I suppose there must have been plenty of activity here and I was just goggling Tolkien names randomly to find interest.

But then why did I stay and keep looking here as opposed to other sites? I'm not sure. Maybe it was just that there where people here critical of the movies at a time when everyone else was loving them and I did think even then, hang on remember the person that wrote the tales in the first place! Maybe it was just because it's quite a user-friendly site, and I still think this despite the fact that it is a little old-fashioned nowadays, but I sometimes think that some of the super-modern ones are a bit tricky to navigate, and I like the colour-scheme here, it is amazing how so many of the facebook sites for example have colour schemes where I can hardly make out the writing!

I suppose since then, I've just gotten used to people and have stayed. And seen as it's a little time-consuming to be on too many chat-sites at once I get used to this one.

[ 01-11-2009, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mordor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6501
posted      Profile for Mordor   Email Mordor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Got here from an off beat Tolkien site, but so glad I found the place I stayed as a visitor for a month then became a citizen.
From: Mount Airy MD | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, looking at the start of this thread, and I wonder if anyone here knows, what was 25 Hobbits?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was a site that listed a whole bunch of Lord of the Rings sites. The more people visited, the higher they ranked on the site. If memory serves me? MT was numero dos on the day I found it there.

I don't remember what happened to it...Does anyone?

Lists of sites that rank that way don't seem as popular anymore...

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Eluchil []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longleaf
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11240
posted      Profile for longleaf   Email longleaf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Through a google search for Lord of the Rings forums. I read through the posts when I had time and finally decided to join.
From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thuringwethil
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11255
posted      Profile for Thuringwethil   Email Thuringwethil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found this place via the internet while googling LOTR/Tolkien forums.
From: England | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zirith
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11256

posted      Profile for Zirith   Email Zirith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was researching Balrogs. Found a link to your debate 'do balrogs have wings'

[ 07-03-2010, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Zirith ]

From: In the Ruins of the Palace of Aurilosse | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So, do the Balrogs have wings? []

And while we're at it, what happened to the Entwives? []

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, do the Balrogs have wings?
And do they have slippers?
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

posted      Profile for Altarial   Email Altarial   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the nostalgia... it's sickening, really.
From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And people ask why Tolkien scholars are so argumentative. Honestly!
[]
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dianthelle Queen of Spies
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2566

posted      Profile for Dianthelle Queen of Spies   Author's Homepage   Email Dianthelle Queen of Spies   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gil-Galad pointed me here many, many moons ago when I was about thirteen. I was a n00by little LotR movie fangirl, but Minas Tirith taught me to appreciate the literary aspect. [] And, now I'm back.
From: Elsinore | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you back, Dianthelle!
I remember you as one of those who would visit the Green Dragon at times. Might we see you there again?
Snowdog is doing some updating, and I for one have a story that could take new writers.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dianthelle Queen of Spies
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2566

posted      Profile for Dianthelle Queen of Spies   Author's Homepage   Email Dianthelle Queen of Spies   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am definitely down for getting dirty with the Green Dragon again, I was going to inquire about the RP situation, here, but was vastly unsure who to inquire to. Now I know!
From: Elsinore | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

For the RP situation - read the dates of last posts in the Green Dragon ... []

The reason, I guess, is that most of the active RPers have stopped coming to MT - so having one returning is a great encouragement. []

My RP is the Road to Rivendell, btw. Read it if you like, and PM me with questions if it's too confusing.

The Sherriff
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5427
posted      Profile for The Sherriff   Edit/Delete Post 
I found it the usual way... youtube. But I left when Singolo and SSA singled me out. I never could understand why he bullied me away. My race I think. I overdosed then.. but the impossible happened. People found me under a tree and I woke up in the hospital. I was so disappointed to be alive.
From: The Shire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Topic: First edition hardback Silmarilion.
The Sherriff
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5427
posted June 26, 2012 11:03 PM Profile for The Sherriff New Private Message Edit/Delete Post I bought it almost the day it was available. Perfect condition...

So say you were a young fan, and were perhaps ten years old, then as The Sil was published in 1977, then you are about 45 years old.

Aren't you a bit old for this kind of behaviour?

edit: Of course trolls should be kept busy until the first light of day, as that is presumably your race.

[ 06-27-2012, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Prince of Magnets
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11380
posted      Profile for The Prince of Magnets   Author's Homepage   Email The Prince of Magnets   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found it when I was looking for Feanor's speech via google
From: Kyouma | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 9)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help