Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 8)
Author Topic: How'd you find your way here?
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, let's try and identify who it was!
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Ring of Barahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3457

posted      Profile for The Ring of Barahir   Email The Ring of Barahir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Faramir told me about it.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I have only three words to say: D'OH!!!and Homer rocks!

From: munchkin land were I am king! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just read the back of a shirt.
In an internet laundramat...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katrina
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4377

posted      Profile for Katrina   Email Katrina   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Iris Branybuck told me.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.'
- Edmund Burke

From: Fike Nation | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There's a jump of about six months at the beginning of 2002 in this thread. Would that be from when MT had its burnout a while back?
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Google search on "Minas Tirith." Simple enough!
From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
posted      Profile for Matt The Courageous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt The Courageous   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My wife is a regular, I would read over her shoulder. Things happen and now I'm here as well.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Long may truth prevail."
"Peace to the faithful."
"Fear no darkness!"
"Fight the good fight!"
"for even a fool if he is silent, men will think him wise"
Anger is easy, forgiveness is hard.

From: pacific northwest | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And we're glad for it [] .
I tend to elbow people in the stomach if they read over my shoulder [] .

[ 05-28-2006, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Miranthridel Bloom ]

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Actualy, a friend sent me the link to MT []
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Yo, Thubeldhia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

posted      Profile for Yo, Thubeldhia   Email Yo, Thubeldhia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hidalgo told me about it... I'm sorry he left us!
*hopes he will come again sometime soon*

From: Far far away | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Joins most fervently in hoping [] [] *
[] [] = [] !!

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elflover666
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5417
posted      Profile for elflover666   Email elflover666   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
my brother who is part of this site (but now sadly away at college) told me about this site because he knew i love all thing LOTR related
Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

Welcome [] ! Who's your brother [] ?
Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
posted      Profile for Mavis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ëarlin Solmehína and Irori Hime were talking about it with enthusiasm that just blew me away.
From: Stuck in a mental mire | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*failed to post here as a complete newb*
*posts belatedly*
Google.
Typed in "aiya earendil elenion ancalima."
This was by far the best of all the sites not blocked by the firewall.
Which blocked everything from geocities, for example.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I could swear I answered this in another thread... Hm. *shrugs*

Anyhoo, the Tolkien board I was most active on lost momentum when all the threads were inexplicably lost for good. I managed to reconstruct a lot of them, but the place had really died in the interrim. So, I asked Imbëar (who was also a poster on the aforementioned board, as was Belegurth) for a recommend and he suggested MT. []

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Meneldil told me if I joined he'd do my History homework...git never held up his side!

God, it's weird reading through this, seeing all the 1st gen citizens posts. Wish I'd been around in the glory days...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh... that would be another forum (don't remember which) that discussed Tolkien but NOT his literature... [] A member there had posted a link to this site for Tolkien-fans who would like to discuss his literature. And I navigated hither and became a citizen []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forfirith
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3747
posted      Profile for Forfirith   Author's Homepage   Email Forfirith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I registered like 4 years ago I think (more or less)...Very probably because at the time I was trying to find all sites related to Tolkien, just to make some advertisement for my site. Hem...No comment [] .
I totally forgot about this forum (sorry), but on january some guy I had known for a little while [] told me Eluchil (whom I knew through another forum, since 2003 I think) was here. So here I'm back.

P.S: and this post might seem completly useless, but I would like also to say, it's hard to post on topics about Tolkien because I know very little of it...So, I just read []

From: Lille/Brussels | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just went because I'm friends with Eluchil and Forfirith who are here, and it seemed kinda interesting and fun, and the people seemed nice.
Plus, it's fulfilling to discover an English-speaking forum after the French ones...different atmosphere and points of view, I guess []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember if I've posted in this thread before and I can't be bothered to check so I'll assume I haven't.

I started posting here because my good friend Deraj was a member here before the whole movie hype and he got me to post as well. He's since stopped, but here I am. []

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You have already posted here Maha- so, clearly, you don't win... []

Mak- you, like I, probably did post here before... but if you read SSA's post at the top of this page you'll see that our posts were probably erased by accident some years ago. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no I still win, this was just me re-asserting my victory.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You have actually said it twice before, Maha [] []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Ok... so memory isn't one of my strong suits.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 8)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help