Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 7)
Author Topic: How'd you find your way here?
Roll of Honor Elentári Tintallë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3734

posted      Profile for Elentári Tintallë   Email Elentári Tintallë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tolkien Top 100 for me. That's why we should all vote. []
From: Nórë Vercieva- i Opelë | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We are at 16'th!?
[]

E- A hobbits hang out. []

[ 03-22-2004, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Nolofinwë ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iris Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4341

posted      Profile for Iris Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found this place from my sister who found it out from a friend...
From: on the runway. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iris Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4341

posted      Profile for Iris Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found this place from my sister who found it out from a friend...

Nolo:What do you mean a "hobbit's hangout"? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
WAKE UP. You're Alive. We're On Your Side. [to write love on her arms]

Unless You've Lived My Life, Don't Judge Me Because You Don't Know, Never Have & Never Will Know Every Little Thing & Detail About Me

From: on the runway. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Vote.
Pronto.
[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elenár
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4322

posted      Profile for Elenár   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One of my first guests was just randomly typing in Tolkien names and found me.
I think this might have been me? I was bored one day and just randomly, I started typing all sorts of Tolkien related naems with a .com into my address bar. I had just recently seen Return of the King, and I thought, hey, Minas Tirith...

Here I am now...

From: The glorious UK - for good! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had stumbled upon Barrow Downs, and was enjoying many a fanfic, when I felt compelled to vote for them at the Tolkien Top 100. Once there, I had a look at the Top 10 sites, MT being one of them. It was the only page that a) loaded fast enough & b) kept my interest, so I lurked for a few days to see what it was like, & registered. Since then I've had an enormously enjoyable year in my home-away-from-home. THE END. *credits begin to roll*
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My good friend Talan told me about here and I came. I haven't been big here but I haven't fallen into obscurity yet...
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master of Doom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3204
posted      Profile for Master of Doom   Email Master of Doom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
MT is on the list of links from Encyclopedia of Arda. And thus I stumbled upon a splendid city, renowned in song...
From: Philadelphia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Deraj the Plaid told me and here I am. The rest is government-censored history.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Mith on it at school...he told me to read the damned books....I did.....I came here to piss him off......it worked []
From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mea Vita
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4521
posted      Profile for Mea Vita   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was not finding this page, it was finding me []

Ore, it was on me Screen like as ....as if by magic. []

From: Denmark | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Randomly typing in Lord of the Rings names, characters, places into my browser. []
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarien of Gilderon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4540
posted      Profile for Sarien of Gilderon   Author's Homepage   Email Sarien of Gilderon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found the site by going to "The Éowyn Challenge", looking on the links page, finding MT, and... Here I am!
From: peering into your window | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There were two people who wanted to meet eachother here. I though I'd check it out - it seemed boring in the beginning, but in the end I saw it was really cool and I registered.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lady of the White Flowers

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rúnya Núrimehtari
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4053
posted      Profile for Rúnya Núrimehtari   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A best friend of mine told me that I had to come and check it out, so I did and here I am!
From: Spruce Grove | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manwë Súlimo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4429
posted      Profile for Manwë Súlimo   Email Manwë Súlimo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was just searching for pictures of Minas Tirith, and ended up here, and I was caught in the web! I just had to join!
That is just exactly the same way I found MT!! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
May the Grace of the Valar protect you.

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aneres
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4423
posted      Profile for Aneres   Email Aneres   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just read the back of a shirt.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Crystal Ball Says...Psychic network is down.

From: a very small room | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Silver Wolf dragged me onto the forum! And I'm glad she did

[ 05-10-2004, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Black Dragon ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" - The Life of Brian

From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whoa, someone should point this out to WGW.
From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aurelia
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4554
posted      Profile for Aurelia   Email Aurelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found this site on a link from another page. Glad I did, too.
From: the Eastern Bluegrass | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

posted      Profile for Aylah the Wind Sister   Author's Homepage   Email Aylah the Wind Sister   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
two words. an. dreth. oh, wait... [] []
From: lets just say I have a ton of washing to do... | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, now we know who to glare at angrily!

[]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well see, one day, I left the caves of Androth (I know, I'm supposed to live in the woods, quiet!) and after traveling aimlessly for a while, found this secret looking gate. It looked kind of old you know? Anywho, I was like "Sweet!" and went through it. Then I started frog gigging by these "turbulent waters" and went into this mysterious tunnel. Again, I was like "Awesome!" and went in. I came out and saw this big pond. So I was like "Dude, I wonder how many frogs are around that thing!" and stayed around for a while. Then I saw these Swans, great big ones... like seven of 'em. So I was like, "Hey, maybe it's a sign from some Lord of the big ponds or something." So I followed them and and found this wicked set of armor, a sword, and shield. This guy named Tuor got to them first, but I traded my frog skin boots for it (the ones I got from all the frog gigging). So I was like "Peace," and he was like "Dude," and we parted ways. Then, out of nowhere, this Huge creepy lookin' dude came out of this big storm thing and told me to go to this hidden city place. I didn't want to go but he didn't look like the kind of guy you say "no" to. He gave me this cloak thing, you know, like the one in Harry Potter, and I left. As soon as he was out of sight I said "Screw this! I'm going to Minas Tirith!" So I have been here ever since.
[] I miss my frog skin boots. []

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Really? Sweet!? Was it just in public or what?
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 7)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help