Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 5)
Author Topic: How'd you find your way here?
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually looking for a good map of Beleriand and Middle Earth and came to this site thinking it had a media database but I was very impressed by the site and read all the comments and thought they were very interesting people and would love to join in with an intelligent conversation. (I come from ignorant small town.)

P.S. Wow does anyone have a napkin i have something brown on my nose.

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa! Back up!

You saw Minas Tirith mentioned in Yahoo magazine??

Give me some details. I want to find it.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW - I think they may be talking about this magazine:

http://www.yil.com/features/lotr.asp?Frame=false&Volume=07&Issue=12&Keyword=lotr

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 238

posted      Profile for Nenya   Email Nenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Woops!!!
We need to vote!!! We are just second out of three...Nominees

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Nenya ]

From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyEowynKenobi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 994
posted      Profile for LadyEowynKenobi   Email LadyEowynKenobi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hey, we're down to the third spot at 25 Hobbits.

don't forget to vote there too people!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him." ~Haldir

Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

posted      Profile for Bethberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings White Gold Wielder,

Word of mouth, from Gandalf the Grey no less, drew me here as I roamed Middle Earth on my guest. I lurked for awhile and liked much of what I saw, and so decided to stay for some time in hopes of finding felicitous conversations and some good Tolkien role-playing.

Bethberry

<FONT SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
</FONT>

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Bethberry ]

From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

posted      Profile for Galion The Tipsy Butler   Email Galion The Tipsy Butler   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hail White Gold Wielder!

Found this wonderful site through 25 Hobbits/ TolkienWorld. It's nice to have people to discuss Middle Earth related matters with. There was a whole group of us back in high school, but that was a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away.) By the way, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever was another one of my favorites from way back. I'm looking forward to reading it again soon.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"There's been talk of some strange folk about. Can't be too careful."

Urp!

From: The Castle ...Aaaaaarrrrrg! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aramantha
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1252
posted      Profile for Aramantha   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found this place through 25 hobbits. it's really cool.. One of the best Tolkien sites. I voted for it!!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~*A*~

The road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Untill it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

From: North Farthing | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valarauko
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1296
posted      Profile for Valarauko   Email Valarauko   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
wow.....i found it on www.thelordoftherings.com i was looking for a LOTR chatroom & i saw this so i went to it....i'm really enjoying my time here...the nicest people i've met on the internet are members of Minas Tirith.
From: danville, va | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guinevere
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1141

posted      Profile for Guinevere   Author's Homepage   Email Guinevere   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Shasta:Your name seems very familiar! What book did you get it from! Im almost certain I know!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Beauty Gives Me Voice

From: California, where else? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Palantir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1422
posted      Profile for Tar-Palantir   Email Tar-Palantir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Found a link here from this place: http://www.quintessentialwebsites.com/lordoftherings/movielinks/index.htm

Got there from a twisted path of links starting out from a google search on Rivendell. Just found it today; this is post #2

(and... hello!)

From: North Shore | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Where do you think I should move this fine thread to keep it from being buried?
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

posted      Profile for Shards of Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have know clue were to move it but I think I learned about MT @ the timeless halls
Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found this site after finding the LotR fanatics site. This site was one of only two other sites mentioned in the links section for message boards. I hardly ever go to the fanatics forums anymore. This is the best place for talking Tolkien.
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
im guessing 25 hobbits... i really dont know

but telendil got it from me!

From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aldaron of Lorien
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2212

posted      Profile for Aldaron of Lorien   Email Aldaron of Lorien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found this fair city when i was still reading LOTR, but i didnt join til i was done, because i didnt want to hear any spoilers, and im very thankful i did. i found it at random, looking for tolkien stuff.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Throughout the history of mankind there have been murderers and tyrants; and while it may seem momentarily that they have the upper hand, they have always fallen. Always."
...Mahatma Ghandi

From: the grand land of Lothlorien | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Your old, run-of-the-mill Google search brought me this way. I have yet to part it...
From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see....some movie link took me to E! Online, which had a link to TORN, which had some article with a link to 25 Hobbits.... I lurked in quite a few sites from there before deciding this one is the best (by far and away). And WGW, I am so glad this is uncluttered with superfluous graphics! All discussion, all the time! Yay, MT!!
From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Goldberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1665

posted      Profile for Lady Goldberry   Email Lady Goldberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found out from my brother, Maglor. When he first was coming on here he was nearly always on the computer and that got soooooo annoying. I really wasn't interested, but then he talked me into reading the LOTR and I started getting interested. Then I asked him if I could come on here and he said no but then I talked him into it.

And now I'm on here and I love it !

[ 06-15-2002, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Lady Goldberry ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
It is the thing behind the mask, that I chiefly hate, the malignant thing that has plagued and frightened man since time began. The thing that mores and mutilates our race, not killing us outright but making us live on with half a heart and half a lung

From: Ballarat, Australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fëanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1393

posted      Profile for Fëanáro   Email Fëanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I went to a site to vote for the tolkiensociety.org and found thelordotrings.com. This site was on the top 50 tolkien sites.

[ 06-15-2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Feanor's long lost son ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, you step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.

From: ENGLAND | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aldea
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1493

posted      Profile for Aldea   Email Aldea   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My sister found it on the old 25hobbits and then told me about it.
From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was trying on Lord of the rings, names and added .com after them, like www. (lotr) .com
And I found Minas Tirith... []

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fatty
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2244
posted      Profile for Fatty   Author's Homepage   Email Fatty   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found my way here after I was compiling a links for another website (which I don't work on anymore), though I do wrk on another one now.

Thought it was a friendly place and so eventually signed up. I UBB, thogh VB seems to be very popular. I tried UBBT too, indeed I have a licence for it that we don't use!! )-:

But something very easy on the eye about the colours here. :-)

From: Scotland | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldorian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2113

posted      Profile for Eldorian   Author's Homepage   Email Eldorian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gennerally the same as Eled dossing around and found myself here decided to have a nebby around, got bored with lotr.co.uk.
From: Wizard land though I'm most often found in the V.O.E | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Balërûnwen
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2192

posted      Profile for Balërûnwen   Email Balërûnwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My brother, CellsCells, he showed me MT!!

^_^

From: Crystal Tokyo from the Moon! | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help