Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 4)
Author Topic: How'd you find your way here?
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Busted, boyo.

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thrain
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 878
posted      Profile for Thrain   Email Thrain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i stumbled upon this site in my days of wondering on the web. i think i found it when i went to LoTR home page. thanks for wonderful things you have done with this site.Æ

------------------

From: Carrollton,kentucky,USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 876

posted      Profile for Willow   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My best buddy told me about it...
From: USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thranduil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 858
posted      Profile for Thranduil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was just searching for pictures of Minas Tirith, and ended up here, and I was caught in the web! I just had to join!
From: Molde, Norway | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyEowynKenobi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 994
posted      Profile for LadyEowynKenobi   Email LadyEowynKenobi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hello everyone!

i found this place thru 25 hobbits, and besides, i'm trying to learn everything i can about LOTR before the big day arrives.

yes i'm a newbie... don't you shoot me now....

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him." ~Haldir

Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the city!

We wouldn't shoot you. Far too messy.

Have you read the book?

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My brother; the L.dorian

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
What do you despise? By this are you truly known.

From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just started typing in different tolkien city names and found this!
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessicat
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 976
posted      Profile for Jessicat   Email Jessicat   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
put me down on the "I found my way here from 25Hobbits" list :P
From: UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eorl the Young
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 843
posted      Profile for Eorl the Young   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't got a clue how...

Ooh, ooh... Now I know. I got a vision at night (no, it wasn't a dream), and it was a hand
s l o w l y typing: www.minastirith.com on the computer.
Naturally I immediately ran to the comp., and did the same thing.... And I suddenly understood the meaning of life.

From: Denmark, home of the highest mountains in Europe | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyEowynKenobi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 994
posted      Profile for LadyEowynKenobi   Email LadyEowynKenobi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
thank you Laurenendôrian for the welcome

yes i am reading the book right now. pretty interesting stuff

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: LadyArwen ]

Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hae
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1005
posted      Profile for Hae   Email Hae   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How did i come here ?

Owen *rolls eyes*

From: Guildford, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drieske
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 646

posted      Profile for drieske   Author's Homepage   Email drieske   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Earendilyon showed me the way...
thanks Ear

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Little by little,
one travels far..."
J.R.R. Tolkien

From: Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

God, I'm sorry everyone.

You there with the 'h' at the beginning of your name - keep quiet about that. I've got a reputation to keep up here.

I can sincerely say that I won't make such a mistake again.

---

Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i found my way here from other Tolkien sites and i never knew there were so many sites!! What's with the 'shooting' thing??
From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, drieske, and, indeed, my pleasure!
From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gondeaf the Gray
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1080
posted      Profile for Gondeaf the Gray   Author's Homepage   Email Gondeaf the Gray   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
25 hobbits.
From: twin cities, MN | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blynk
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 893
posted      Profile for Blynk   Author's Homepage   Email Blynk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I came from TORC. Somebody posted a link a while ago, so I registered, then I just found the link again from Hae.
From: Massachusetts | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1110
posted      Profile for Gwen   Edit/Delete Post 
The same as above happened to me.
From: US | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
well i came from 25 hobbits but the first site i went to *looks away in embarressment* was the barrow downs. *runs and hides before barrage of tuants and bullets reaches him* and then i tried a few other sites and the next one i went to was minas tirith, and let me tell you i was very impressed! *still leaves bullet proof vest and kevlar helmet on*
From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meril-i-Turinqui
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1129
posted      Profile for Meril-i-Turinqui   Author's Homepage   Email Meril-i-Turinqui   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pure coincidence! But what luck!
A nice citizen posted a movie rating and this address on another website.
Since I have never been on a message board before this is a great and intriguing way to talk about Tolkien

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guinevere
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1141

posted      Profile for Guinevere   Author's Homepage   Email Guinevere   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My frend whos name I dont remember Emailed it to me.At first I thuoght it was just stuff about abbsolutly nothing until my twin sister went on and found out all about it.
From: California, where else? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember how I got here! The earliest thing I remember is that WGW either bought or moved into a house. After hearing this I posted "long live the stewards!" GTW then posted "there is only one!"
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perfalaswen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1115
posted      Profile for Perfalaswen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Found out from a poster at TORc - Hae (he's been doing some heavy advertising for you it seems )

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Children, children, don't forget
There are elves and fairies yet;
Where the knotty hawthorn grows
Look for prints of fairy toes.
Where the grassy rings are green
Moonlight dances shall be seen.

From: The Grey Havens :-) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast's Son
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1197
posted      Profile for Hamfast's Son   Email Hamfast's Son   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, As you guessed I'm a newbie, too. I found this place from an article in Yahoo magazine which I just happened to pick up in the Library. I read TLoR years ago and really enjoyed it. This site is kind of like a reawakening for me.
From: USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help