Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 1)
Author Topic: How'd you find your way here?
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious to know how each of you first found your way to Minas Tirith.

One of my first guests was just randomly typing in Tolkien names and found me. That was before I was really advertising or even open! It was fun hearing about how people just stumbled upon it, like an oasis in the desert.

Nowadays, I suspect most come from 25 Hobbits or TORN or word of mouth. Still, It would be useful to know what has been the best method of advertising.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Guardian
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 188
posted      Profile for The Guardian   Author's Homepage   Email The Guardian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
as u might know, u mentioned ur site in your correction message. i checked it out, and gained citizenship.
Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warg
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 67

posted      Profile for Warg   Email Warg   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I cant quite remember. I think it had something to do with 25 Hobbits though

------------------
Hwæt we Gar-Dena in gear-dagum
peod-cyninga prym gefrunon,
hu oa æpelingas ellen fremedon.

From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gram
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 24

posted      Profile for gram   Email gram   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Someone on another message board mentioned this place so I cruised on over to check it out. That was in the days when the default icon for messages was the thumbs down . Not many citizens here yet either.

------------------
""Oh, it's the meek! Blessed are the meek! Oh, that's nice, isn't it?
I'm glad they're getting something, 'cause they have a hell of a time."

From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veldtrunner
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 79
posted      Profile for Veldtrunner   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first I found 25 Hobbits through a banner at frodo.net, my web e-mail site. I'm not sure why anymore, but your site was the first and only site I checked out at the time. I do remember that you weren't in the top 10. I'm one those people that likes to explore the less popular sites on purpose.
Since then, of course, I've done my best at trying to keep you in the top 10. Not many surfers are as oddball as me. Your site is one of the best.

This message has been edited by Veldtrunner on 01-29-2001 at

From: Evanston,IL,USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarwain
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 84
posted      Profile for Iarwain   Email Iarwain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sir, reporting as ordered.
I was actually doing a search for some nice pictures of Minas Tirith, because a friend of mine was willing to paint a mural of it on my wall. I saw this address and thought there must be some pictures here. Imagine my dissapointment when there wasn't. However the lay out interested me and never having been on such a sight before I read some posts. I'm afraid it was Snowdog who got me to stay. His posts seemed funny so I thought I'd join. Silly me though I forgot to write the address down and being on the Uni's computer no History, so I too had to go to 25 Hobbits, and there I found you in the top ten. I've since bullied Arzok into joining.

------------------
Hey dol merry dol

From: Pembrokeshire | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Eowyn of Ithilien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 207

posted      Profile for Lady Eowyn of Ithilien   Email Lady Eowyn of Ithilien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
25 Hobbits, of course
From: VA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
posted      Profile for Boromir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was on a chat room about tolkien when someone said something about another tolkien site. It gave me a link to 25 Hobbits. I saw yours and came here and since yesterday, this has become my fav. site out of n e site i have ever seen before!!!!!!

This message has been edited by Boromir on 02-16-2001 at

Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miturian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 139
posted      Profile for Miturian   Email Miturian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was at a danish Tolkien-site, when I found a "vote-link" to 25hobbits. There I found you this, at the 10# rating, I think, actually

------------------
If you haven't been at the buttom,
and climbed all the way op,
then you don't know what you're standing on.

From: Århus, Denmark | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 238

posted      Profile for Nenya   Email Nenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Minas Tirith was the #1 at 25hobbits...

This message has been edited by Nenya on 02-20-2001 at

From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snoogins455
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 232
posted      Profile for Snoogins455   Email Snoogins455   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
working on term paper research and came across this as a link at some site, I cant remember which now.
From: Exeter Ca USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
posted      Profile for Edain the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Edain the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I joined Tolkienonline through a friend and I met Snowdog, who plugged this site.
'An with all the probs that Tolkienonline have been having I stayed here!

From: UK | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gee it was so long ago.. August and I think I was number 3! I actually came across the site in a search in May when Tolkienonline switched from UBB to Cold Fusion BBsoftware. There were like two posts and it looked alot different. Guess I should have signed up then but I noted it as a "work in Progress" site and bookmarked it. In August a bunch of BS was going on amongst some posters on Tolkienonline and I saw I had this site bookmarked so I registered and opened Snowdog's as the first post in the Prancing Pony Forum. I put the link on my signature for awhile on Tolkienonline and many familiar names started showing up.

Ok, I went and changed my signature there and put a subtle link in a short saying.

This message has been edited by Snowdog on 02-22-2001 at

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RingWraith
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 100
posted      Profile for RingWraith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
When I heard of the movie due out in December, I looked for Lord Of The Rings stuff on google.

I've been lurking

This message has been edited by RingWraith on 02-23-2001 at

From: Middle Earth | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anais
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 258
posted      Profile for Anais   Email Anais   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i was at a different tolkien forum,tolkien online-the one ring, and someone had a link to this site in their signature, so here i am!

------------------
****is yesterday, tomorrow, today?****

From: london, england | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roland
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 218

posted      Profile for Roland   Author's Homepage   Email Roland   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, i'm new to minas tirith, but I wandered in here from 25 Hobbits.
From: The greatest nation on God's green Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dúnadain
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 269
posted      Profile for Dúnadain   Email Dúnadain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Through 25hobbitssses

------------------
-If i had my life again, I'd be a plumber-

From: Helsinki, Finland | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerendir
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 240
posted      Profile for Aerendir   Email Aerendir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I actually didn't come through 25 hobbits! I was messing around, found the Tolkien movie site site by accident, then tried several city names... Behold! Minas Tirith! The chief city of Gondor!
Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 292
posted      Profile for Mithrandir   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
searched for Tolkien sites, went to www.theonering.net, voted for them on 25 hobbits, and saw you guys in 1st, and now i reside here =)
From: Valinor | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dummble
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 264
posted      Profile for dummble   Email dummble   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
someone told me when i was playing multie player on myth 2. so i checked it out and i joined. so there

From: B.C. Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sekmet
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 45
posted      Profile for Sekmet   Author's Homepage   Email Sekmet   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog had it as his signature on another mb and I also got told about it by a friend. Glad I was!

------------------
I am my only master.

Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyann
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 285
posted      Profile for Tyann   Author's Homepage   Email Tyann   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I first found Minas Tirith by exploring the Barrow Downs website. From there I went to the 25 Hobbits website, and I have been going on down the line of Tolkien sites. This is an incredibly good site, by the way!

------------------
"I am a hobbit in all but size."
(I'm serious!)

From: Grass Valley, OR USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad you did come Princess!
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
posted      Profile for Caranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog told me to come here, so I came here.

Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinelwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 261

posted      Profile for Tinelwen   Email Tinelwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it all started out at TORN where I heard about 25 Hobbits. I was bored one day and decided to check out some of the sites that were on there. Minas Tirith was #1, so I went to it...and the rest is history.
From: neither here nor there | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Floating Log » How'd you find your way here? (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help