profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » A Somewhat Unexpected Party
Author Topic: A Somewhat Unexpected Party
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
IT IS TIME []

We are having a small Tolkienian gathering at my new pad, in celebration of Lillianna's return to our fair continent. [] I would like to throw this open to anyone who wishes to come. []

Date: 29th/30th September 2012

Local Airports: Birmingham, East Midlands, Coventry

Train Stations: Leicester, Rugby, Nuneaton

Hotels: (all within walking distance)
http://www.greyhoundinn.co.uk/index.htm
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/291/Lutterworth-hotel
Plus B&B in the town

There is currently no fixed plan for the weekend but it will certainly involve food, drinks and party games at mine on the Saturday. I am planning on taking a couple of days off either side so if people want to stay longer than one night we can work something out.

I know it's short notice but it's been YAAAAAARS AND YAAAAARS since the last one and we are in need of an MT revival. I'd be grateful if someone who is on the FB group could post over some info about this.

I CAN HAZ ATENDANTS PLS? []

[ 06-15-2012, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wish ...
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anything I can do to help that would make it possible for you to attend? [] I am fully prepared to make a video of myself dressed as an armadillo performing an interpretive dance to beg your department for you to have a few days off. No-one can resist interpretive dance. []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well sign me the hell up! []

Now I feel bad for waiting so long to book my ticket.

I hope people will come. If it's you and me and Inc' that will be hilarious but kind of sad. []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

No, it will be lovely. But it will be lovelier still if others can attend. [] [] [] []

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go draw cartoons of famous feminist writers riding My Little Ponies*. [] []

*I wish I was joking. []

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you're not though. You doing that is so very theney of you. []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am fully prepared to make a video of myself dressed as an armadillo performing an interpretive dance to beg your department for you to have a few days off. No-one can resist interpretive dance.
I'll bear that in mind if I think it might help []
I'll certainly look into the possibilities. I don't know whether I could afford it, either, and it's soon before we'll be doing a seminar. But I'll keep my eyes open in case a miracle happens. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
An important announcement indeed! Count me in!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Theney, do you mind if I bring 2, possibly three people to the party? I promise they are cool. They are friends from uni.

I'm sending you an email with details now.

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

BRIIIIING THEEEEEEEMMMMMMMM
[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
EVERYONE JUST COME KTHXBYE ! []

I'm going to be there, that should be reason enough. []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Minor update that I probably should have put in here: because I have changed jobs I have no holiday days available and I can only have the Saturday and Sunday free. [] That's not really what I hoped and I might just be able to take the Friday off but I will have to check.
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lutterworth golf course if half an hour away from my current location according to google maps! [] []
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » A Somewhat Unexpected Party
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help