Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  42  43  44 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party - The Silence before the Storm ! (Page 3)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party - The Silence before the Storm !
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Back to Europe, Europe? []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
YAY [] [] []

A review of the concert. I write those for an on-line magazine, thus I get free tickets. []
Problem is that I always find it hard to actually write the review []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*doesn't live in the UK to be seen by Lilli* []

Ah, well. I'm going to Melbourne next month to meet four folk from Supernatural, two of whom I've met before. That'll make up for lack-of-Lilli. []

*goes back to wasting time at Pottermore* []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to tie in Lilli's visit to a general MT meet-up...
[]

ETA: I'm completing on my house next Friday [] (that means "finally owning it" for those not familiar with British house sale laws) and I've been looking through my agent's website to see what houses are on the market, just because it's fun to nose inside of other people's homes. []

My first thought: "Wow, that is a LOT of post-colonial kitsch." [] Do people not think it might be a good idea to move their half-dozen, life-size leopard statues before the estate agent takes the sale photos? I mean, I like leopards (kitty! [] ) but there is a LIMIT. []

[ 04-18-2012, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] indeed.

My right hand and back hurt. I think it's time for a lunch break. []

ETReact :

quote:
half-dozen, life-size leopard statues
[] Maybe they were actual leopards, freezing because they were own illegally ? That would be amazing. []
And deadly. []

[ 04-18-2012, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Also, when people ask me when I am planning to complete, I shout, "Never! The b*astards will never take me! I'll stab myself in the pancreas before I let them get their hands on my internal organs!" because I've seen Never Let Me Go a bit too recently.
[]

ETA: [] !!!!! [] Oh my god, I never thought of that! Perhaps they are like the Weeping Angels, and every time you blink they get closer and eat your face? [] [] [] [] []

[ 04-18-2012, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Here's one of them, and it is indeed snarling:

-

Probably shouldn't show you that as it is someone's actual house, but never mind. []

In the next photo it's about four feet closer. []

ETA: On the other hand, they have a swimming pool. [] Totally worth all the creepy death-by-leopard statuary.

[ 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Refering to the previous post : I don't know what both of those references are, but they sure sound scary. []

Okay that is an amazing living-room [] []

[ 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

The second is a reference to Doctor Who.

Its cub is on the table, I don't know if you noticed... EQUALLY DEADLY WITH THE ADDED POWER OF CUTE
[]

ETREPOND: You should see the rest of the house. SEVENTIESTASTIC. [] But yes, the white leather sofas and faux-marble coffee table are the business.

[ 04-18-2012, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
But yes, the white leather sofas and faux-marble coffee table are the business
Wow, I hadn't noticed that. [] There are so many sources of laughter in that picture []

*just noticed the hideous curtains* [] []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

HOW DARE YOU
[]
I HAVE CHOSEN THOSE EXACT SAME CURTAINS FOR MY NEW ABODE
[]
WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS
[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well, I'm not all that worried : your cats have good taste, so I'll wait till they rip them apart. [] Which should take around 1 hour. []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

-
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hahahaha oh my god, that room... those curtains... DAT CARPET (that's actually the first thing I noticed). []

oh and theney:

quote:
Trying to tie in Lilli's visit to a general MT meet-up...
Once I book the tickets I'll give you the dates so we can solidify this. I assume you'll want to do it on a weekend, correct?

and Brae: Don't worry, I will get back to Oz eventually. I must!!

[ 04-18-2012, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Yeah the carpet is pretty killer as well. I think I would buy the house just for the pleasure of having to destroy it []

On another subject : French presidential election going on. I counted the votes last night []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
I counted the votes last night
FIX!!! [] []

I first noticed the baskets of dried flowers, looking as though they have actually been there since 1973.

On a related note, I really hope no-one is reading this and thinking, "Wow, my living room looks exactly like that, the people of MT are horrible bullies who don't appreciate big cat statuary like a normal person does." []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well, there was so few votes already for the far right party girl where I count votes that I really couldn't do much. []

We'll see what happens now... []
*really doesn't want that Sarkommence* [] (French pun).

One of my fellow PhD students cried today because of one of her bosses. [] I tried to comfort her by buying her chocolate candy. What ? It works ! []

E : Woah, that first sentence really makes little sense. []

[ 04-24-2012, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
At least it makes more sense at this time of day (evening) than this morning. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*slinks in quietly*
*knocks over a chair [] *

Well now that everyone knows I'm here....
Where is the waitress in this place [] oh wait...that's me []

How is everyone?

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
just saw your post on FB. you beat me to it... []

on an entirely different note, 15 days til I'm in Europe for the first time! []

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
pi that's awesome.
One day I will make my way across the great pond to me homeland [] one day....*dreams of the Emerald Isle*

Where are you going?

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Yay you guys stopped by ! [] [] []

I'll have a cosmo to celebrate !
Ooh, I forgot you were coming to Europe, pi. You're doing a cruise again, right ?

EaH, what's up with you lately ? []

[ 04-27-2012, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*waves at EaH* []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi EaH! [] (& other folk [] )

~~~~~~~~~
I've been collecting images of vintage clothing lately - mostly for writing inspiration. I stumbled upon this 1960s skirt today and thought of one particular UPer. Can you guess who? []

-

I think I'll give it to Miss C. Otter.... []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
Yes, it's a cruise on a Holland Ameica ship. Flying from Philly out to Venice, arriving in the morning, hanging in Venice all day, staying overnight on the ship, embarking from there to:
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Three Greek isles - Corfu, Kefalonia, and Santorini
Catania, Sicily
Naples
Rome
Pisa/Florence
disembark in Barcelona.

We're going to the Gothic Quarter and other places in Barcelona, staying overnight and the flying home.

Woo hoo!! Can't wait. 14 days...

edit: my 6 year anniversary here just passed...

next Europe trip will be at least a little further north... 'cause I can't go any further south and be in Europe! []

[ 04-27-2012, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party - The Silence before the Storm ! (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  42  43  44 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help