Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Golden Newt XXVI - Pikkupstix RFP (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Golden Newt XXVI - Pikkupstix RFP
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's very cold here, but it sounds much colder where you are, Varna! Is it Norway, I'm not sure if my memory is working []

Snowdog, what on earth does VFKBL mean? It's all right for some - basking in sunshine that is actually warm. We have sun and blue skies, and white gardens and roofs and ...

edit: top of page shivery dance

[ 02-03-2012, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That is cold, Varna! []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think the weather here is cold enough for a Blackadder!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, I was really drunk at the time and was up for some randomness. From what I gather from your posts, I'm supposedly talking about Lady Iauraearien to an un-named somebody in some sort of code, and therefore being very rude? Surprised about all the drama being made over it really, but you will make of it what you will. I myself have been enjoying the peace between us.

Enjoy your winter. it's a good time for the enjoyment of hot dinners and heavy ales! It's something one has to wait for the cooler days to enjoy around here at this time of year.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't call it drama, I like a good truce myself. But that does appear to say that The Dark Queen Iauraearien equals Something Nobody Understands. Doesn't it? I just wanted to know what you'd said about me, no drama there. []

Anyway, snow is still lying here, I just wish we'd have some more! I do like it, especially when I don't have to go out, apart from to play in it. []

[ 02-07-2012, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Your memory is working, SSA - I'm in Norway []

I had 18 one morning, that's what your freezer should stay at ...
The weather forecast told about temperatures varying from 15 to 25 in the surrounding areas []

I had 15 during most of the weekend, but I'm back to the usual 5 now.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said, random. VDBLSL? That too was strictly random and I have no idea what any of it means. []

Sounds like a good winter over there in Europe, when a warm day is when water takes liquid form! So where do I get me one of these blackadders? []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Odd dog. []

We've still not had more snow, but it's still here. Personally, I think if it's going to be this cold it should have the decency to bury us in pretty white flakes to make up for it. []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Personally, I think if it's going to be this cold it should have the decency to bury us in pretty white flakes to make up for it. []
It's not just for the fairness of it, but those white flakes insulate the ground so that the frost doesn't go too deep and freeze the water down in the ground. They work a little like an eiderdown []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Aw, an ickle snowy blanket! []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

From my experience living in the high mountains of Washington State, its better it snows than rains at 1°C.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
March has come in like a cute little cuddly lamb! It's glorious here in the middle of our little island - mild and sunny, clear blue skies dotted with streaks of white cloud. My only sadness is that the daffodils are not in flower here yet [] I LOVE daffodils!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Doubling - with good reason []

A Very Happy Birthday to my fellow thread-disrupter. Long may you flourish Athene!

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

*joins the birthday wishes in this thread as well* []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday Theney! hope your new digs are good!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Happy birthday, Athene!
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*pokes head round door*
*follows head with a tray full of white chocolate and cherry cookies*
[]
Aw, thanks guys. I had a splendid birthday and it's very nice to be remembered.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

One couldn't forget anyone who comes armed with cookies like that! []

Do they really exist? I think I'd like to eat one! Recipe? []

[ 03-06-2012, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They do - they are a variation of my standard cookie recipe but I'm not sure I can remember it.

Uh. []

I know 4oz of plain flour and one egg come into it somewhere... but once you've made the basic cookie mix you just add dried cherries (easily purchasable from the supermarket) and white choc chips. Also good with freeze-dried raspberries. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[] I'm not sure I have a cookie recipe that works, I'll have to go hunting. Thanks for the idea! But you've made me hungry... []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Happy Anniversary to ME!

I can't believe it's been ten years since I first stumbled into this city (via a Japanese Arthur Ransome site - yes, honestly), but here's to the next ten! Preferably slightly less eventful []

-

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Congratulations, SSA! []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Congratulations, SSA! I'm not sure you'd thought you'd still be here when you joined! Coincidentally, however, I have been at my current job for longer. And often doing the same duties [] Which either shows I am good at it, or a complete lack of ambition. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Congrats, SSA! Here's to many more years in The White City! [] []

I believe my ten-year anniversary is early next month.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

A Very Happy Birthday to bombadil - one of MT's finest citizens!

Here's a little drink for you, Master Yellowboots:

-

-

-

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Golden Newt XXVI - Pikkupstix RFP (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help