Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Golden Newt XXVI - Pikkupstix RFP (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Golden Newt XXVI - Pikkupstix RFP
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Snow Whiz said: *grabs one of Snowdog's pints and guzzles it*
No worries... I sneezed in that one anyway! []

Yay! Ale re-stock!

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*settle in a corner with a cup of good strong tea and her feet up*

I really do hate shopping. Exhausted! []

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No worries... I sneezed in that one anyway!
That's okay Snowdingo, I enjoyed it anyway!

But that probably explains this nagging cold I have. *sniffle*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ew, you guys! []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the nastiness.

Blame it on Snowdingo. []

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

That's right, pass the buck! []

How much trouble do you think a Dark Queen and a Sewing Machine can cause? []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dare I say 'let us see'?
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Yeah, I think so. [] I've been a bit too busy to try it yet but I will! Muahahahaha... []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be a food threat somewhere, but I can't find it! Anyway, I have been in recent weeks? months? years even! trying to make pastry. But I have some problems, or at least I might have. When I make pies, I have trouble in working out the right amount of pastry for the filling. Either it covers all the filling, but I have really too much pastry for the pie. Or I have the right amount of pastry but bits of the filling keeps dropping out of the holes. Now, should I be worried about this or is this simply how homemade pastry is? And if it isn't, what can I do about it? I must say this is generally presentation only as the pastry actually tastes fine!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The food thread is in the Pony called 'Party Tree Recipes' I believe.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Pastry is a bit of a tricksy thing.

As for amounts, I tend to trust the recipe, or at least find what amount some recipe book suggests for the size of pie tin I'm using. I'm a bit worrie dby the idea of holy pastry. [] Seriously, holes? As in rolled it too thing and it's gone into holes when you try to put it in the tin and/or it's then been patched and the holes leak?

I've only made pastry a handful of times and mine was a little problematic but looked and tasted fine in the end. However, judging by my grandmother's baking that's not necessarily how homemade pastry should be! I think we both need to work on our pastry skills. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

This is not a suitable time of day for vampires to be up and about. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Where are all the Newties? Blind drunk somewherE? []
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe tonight I'll post while I am getting a buzz on... on the drunken login thread?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Too Drunk To Post? []
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, just forgot. Bloody Marys with two lovely women.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[]
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Belated Happy Birthday to the Hobbits. [] []
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

When I see your name I keep thinking of "scrumpdillyicious Dairy Queen". []

Yes, advertising works. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[] I was Diary Queen for years for a reason I guess!
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well your blog is something else, so I guess you do get to be Diary Queen!

And yes, I do realise it was probably a typo []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

It was. [] I can't type today, I've been out in the sun, it's bad for vampires. []
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I tried to go out for a delightful day in the countryside, and it effing poured with rain all day. [] I was going to sulk, but instead shall retire to the sofa with the Jacks (Daniels and Reacher) []
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That shows you must live up north a bit my dear! As here it has been fine. If a little cold. And frankly we could probably do with a little rain as we haven't had much for a while now.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Typical, SSA. We've found that planning days out if hopeless, spontaneity is the way to go. If the weather doesn't KNOW you're going out, it tends to be better. []

Brit, Hammy?

Freezing here today, snow further north according to the weather forecast, which is rarely right. Apart from that week of nice weather we had.

A perfect example of why the British talk about the weather. Bikinis to Scarves in about 48 hours and the forecasters never see it coming. []

[ 10-19-2011, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Golden Newt XXVI - Pikkupstix RFP (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help