Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Golden Newt XXVI - Pikkupstix RFP (Page 1)
Author Topic: The Golden Newt XXVI - Pikkupstix RFP
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please note that The Golden Newt is currently open to all citizens.

-

Roll of Honour (the last Membership list)

Adams
Bethberry
Black Dragon
Black Rider X
bombadil
Boromir
CloudStrife
Curu-name-changer
Dante the gold knight
Dark Lord Andúril
Eldorian
Elyrka Redsmith
faithy gamgee
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Kalkin
Legolas the elf
Lord Glorfindel
Mad Uncle Rupert
Marcho Blackwood MSS
Meneldil
Miz Lobelia
Neytari Took-Baggins
Ninj
Ossy
Sauron's Secret Agent
Shards of Narsil
Snow Wizard
Telperáca
The Dark Queen Iauraearien
The One Ring
The Swordmaster
TheGentleman
Viscount Variable
ZENITH

The Inn can be approached from the hiking trail, formerly the favourite haunt of one bombadil

-

passing the pool and hot tub

-

The bar is as ever, well stocked:

-

and for those sober moments, afternoon tea is served daily at 3.30 pm GMT:

-

In deference to Her Darkness DQ we also have The Crypt:

-

The premises are patrolled by a member of the Fellowship:

-

Kick back and enjoy!

And if you can think of a better name for Newt XXVI please tell me!

[ 07-19-2011, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
First post! []

Nice new facilities, SSA. *make self at home*

I remember the days when I was a Baby Newt. Now I'm just a failed Newt for my lack of getting blind drunk with no excuse. []

[ 07-06-2011, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*posts*
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
New Newt! []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I do like Fuzzy Boots, a fine specimen.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*snicker* pick up stix!
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Another Newt! As I managed to sneak in with the last post in the last Opele I won't do it in the Newt [] Some of that beer looks tempting. Especially that Kings one I don't believe I've seen that ale before and I have seen most. Not sure about the crypt however. I always find those scary places.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A crypt however is DQ's residence of choice Master Hamfast.

Fuzzy Boots is currently resting in your crypt, while he reflects on the possibilities of world domination DQ.

A small prize for the person who accurately sources our new name []

[ 07-07-2011, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Fuzzy Boots and I will get along spendidly I am sure. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have a pint each of those four taps on the right. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

*help herself to a cake and enjoy the thunderstorm, now she's found her laptop battery*
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I thought I saw a Glóin... []

*lays trap*

-

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Not exactly the effect I was hoping for... []
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*grabs one of Snowdog's pints and guzzles it*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

The Dark Dwarf was in the city DQ, he can't have seen your temptation []

It seems we shall need to up our beer deliveries, for the Snows.

Ah well, back to that cherry cake, which is smelling yummy and almost-done, if there is such a smell as almost-done.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

I didn't mean to double, but if you don't post.....

Went to see the last Harry Potter film in 3D. Brilliant! What a way to finish a series. Life will be the sadder....

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it very close to the book?

I read the book some time ago, and I remember the ending - roughly.

I haven't seen any of the movies.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can remember the ending of the Harry Potter tales. But you know, I meant what I said in another thread when I said I find Harry Potter sometimes harder than the Silmarillion. I am not at all clear in my mind as to how Harry always gets out of his scrapes. It seems that Lord Nasty is so eager to kill him but never quite does it somehow. I am not always clear as to why he can't! Plus all of that Horcaxux stuff went a bit over my head! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Snowdog, but I was extremely thirsty after my long hike from Forochel. I'll get you another pint, plus another one for your trouble.

Thank you SSA. I would greatly appreciate it if you'd stock a fair amount of Forochellian Stout.

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The HP movies are more enjoyable than the books for me (aside from the third one). They cut out a lot of the romantic crap Rowling forced in.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Indeed, Ney. I too prefer the films, 3's one of my favourites in either form.

Deathly Hallows is very close to the book Varna, it's extremely good! []

I still don't understand you, Hamfast. []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

If I choose to see any of the movies, perhaps it should be that one then.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I'd recommend watching them all, I think they're far better than the books (I do like the books, don't get me wrong).
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Weeeeell the first two movies are very childish. To me the tone is all wrong. Maybe if you watch them from the mindset of an eleven year old you'll like them, or if you like children's movies in general...But I find them very hard to swallow.

But then they changed directors and started filming them as films, not as children's movies. Three is just a damn good coming of age movie, imho. It stands out from the series in a positive formula-breaking way just as the book does. It doesn't hurt that the director also made "A Little Princess," which was the most important non-Disney movie to me during childhood. Anyway, from that movie on the quality goes way up. They are much more consistant than the books, imho.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I didn't like the first few when I first watched them, but by the time I got to the end of the books I decided that their childishness was 'right' - the characters were only little after all. I do prefer the stories from 3 onwards though, not counting 6 (most of 5 too if we're talking about the books).

[ 07-24-2011, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Golden Newt XXVI - Pikkupstix RFP (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help