Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution (Page 44)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I have always had a bit of a thing for Paul Dirac, because of his brilliance and his ability to find mathematical beauty in physics. But I have just heard an anecdote about him which has magnified my nascent crush a thousand fold.

Apparently, when he met the deliciously rakish Richard Feynmann (my other physics crush [] ) he was initially too shy to speak to him, but eventually blurted out, "I have an equation. Do you have one too?" []

Gorgeously awkward geekishness FTMFW. [] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Athene and Sherl []

*has the flu* [ [] @ Universe]
*goes back to bed* []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*joins the birthday wishes* []

*sends 'get well soon' wishes to Braeden* []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] []
[]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey so I leave for 3 weeks and what, you all disappear ? Well, guess what ? I'M EFFING BACK, B*TCHES !!!! [] [] []

I think I've just encountered real hysteria. []

So I was in Japan and it was great. I will link to uploaded pictures once I've uploaded them. [] I hope you're all well yourselves. Right now I'm studying for a very hard competitive exam I'm taking in 10 days, so I'm a little crazy and overbooked. []

Anyway, you're all up to chat now ! Go ! []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Goes*
[]
Back from one week in Austria. Awesome! []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Skiing ? []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps there's still some snow left there?
There's not much in Southern Norway - not that I miss it, but I know that the skiers will do. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Definitely not any snow here. It was 23°C yesterday. []
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I have an equation. Do you have one too?"
Was the question of which of them had the bigger equation ever resolved?
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

23! We got a white world again today! []
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The snow has started to melt here now, but we're getting a fresh lot today-think it's going to be another late spring!! Snow and slush-my favourite []
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Spring is here!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
..so why is it still snowing? (well sleeting really)

[ 03-23-2012, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Elanor Gamgee ]

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Hey guys I'm done with my big competitive exam woo-hoo ! []

And I've been going to bed at 10 pm since. []
So hopefully I'll be around more. I hope that you too !

How are things for you in Russia, Elanor ? It's good to see you ! []

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not that you are Inc', but does anyone know a person who seems to be what amounts to a professional student? I know someone who has a couple of bachelor's degrees, three masters, and two PhDs.
Don't you want to tell them to just get to work already!

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well, I guess doing a PhD is kind of working and being a student at the same time... But I'm only at my first, and I don't intend to do another one. I took this competitive exam on the side, it's an exam to become a teacher. I didn't 'spoil' another year getting ready for it, so I guess that's still something []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

From my last trip to Japan :

-

[] Plus, I kept reading those as "Pachinko Sluts". Which they are, in a way. []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well.... sluts do have slots... or slits... []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to respond to that with an extended exercise in alliteration (even working in the aforementioned sleet), but you all might have mistaken me for an obscene person.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Snöwdog - Should that be your new UP quote ? []

Glowin - Who would have thought that ? Us ? []

Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"I see sluts everywhere" could be the undertitle of an adult movie remake of the Sixth Sense... [] With Inc' playing the part of the (not so) innocent boy of course []

[ 03-25-2012, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Why me ? []

[]

*wishes to be sluttier that he actually is* []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Why do you wish that? []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well, it's obvious, isn't it ? []

*thinks*

Hmm. Good question. []

I don't want to work today. I'm much happier colouring a map of Japan to show to what extent I know all the different prefectures. []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution (Page 44)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help