Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution (Page 43)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*gasp*
I like the second one best... because it is also a winery. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I could teach thee
BUT
I must levy a fee

I always loved this line best. []

quote:
The list of things one has to arrange for a house purchase is AMAZING.
Savings transfer, cattery, mortgage, movers, tenancy, COA notifications, solicitors, confirmation letters, new vet, new doctors, electric/gas/water providers, ID, credit check, phone line, homebuyer's report... IT IS ENDLESS.

Well, you have and endless list of things to do, and I have an endless list of questions to ask ! Such as :

Why are you moving ? Where are you moving ? Will I still be able to come and visit you ? [] How's the new house ? Do you keep your job ? How are things ? What is the purpose of life ? Do you like dried cranberries ? [] I might have gotten a little carried away. []

quote:
*Googles "Australian castles"* []
[] I also only like the 3rd one, though. The other two seem a little too.. brand new []

[ 01-19-2012, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WELL THEN. []

I am moving because I am in a position to buy a house for the first time in my miserable little life. I am moving south of Rugby (yes, as in the game) because of the transport links. []

You will be able to come and visit me even more easily than before, because Euston station is very close to St Pancras (I used to walk it twice a week when I was down in London) and Rugby is a large hub station so many many trains go there. []

The new house is great - still waiting on the survey to see if it is OK, but it is looking good so far. Needs doing up a bit which is exactly what I wanted. I am still in the same job, and things are going alright now that I am not at the sucky Olympics anymore. []

I do not like dried cranberries as I like my fruit non-dessicated as a rule. The only exception is freeze-dried raspberries which must be put in everything, especially things involving cream and/or white chocolate. []

The meaning of life is, in the words of the great Abraham Lincoln, as follows:
"Be excellent to each other. And... PARTY ON, DUDES!!!!"
[]

And now you. TELL ME EVERYTHING []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TELL HER EVERYTHING. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's a dangerous request, as Douglas Adams once warned us.
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's a dangerous request, as Douglas Adams once warned us.

I also like castle 3 best, as it looks more like a proper castle than the other 2.

One of my favourite castles
Rumour has it that the Borgias lived there for a while.

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's OK, Elanor, he won't be able to remember most of it. Just the bits about the frogs. []

[ 01-24-2012, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I couldn't help but notice, is donkey taking up a career in advertising?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]

I do not know, have you seen him in something? I do wonder what he gets up to while I am at work, but it never occurred to me he was going into advertising. [] I would have thought he was much too grumpy to get that kind of work.

"Thistles! Nutritious and now with added sensory experience! Nom nom OW nom nom OW OW nom MY TONGUE nom nom..."

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
On the other hand, people might trust what he says, they wouldn't think he was just flattering them.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's an add featuring a donkey and a mole, and it's advertising something financial, still on some channels, just about every advert is! It was quite repeated in this country so I don't know if anyone else has seen it. Mind, donkey must be acting as this advert suggested that the donkey's life wasn't that interesting! And as we all know, donkey's life is very interesting.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] I know the one. I think it's for ING as it has the puppet lion at the end. []

I asked him and he said that it was not him but a cousin ("cousin", for donkeys, is like in humans where it means anyone vaguely related to you). Apparently the cousin lives in Cardiff and was discovered by a talent scout after saving a box of carrots from under the wheels of an artic. The scout thought that he ate the carrots in a very photogenic way. []

Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

quote:
Just the bits about the frogs.
Isn't that just what you'd expect a Frenchman to remember? []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*will answer tomorrow* []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*gasp*

theney! You're moving?? How exciting!! Oh my gosh, it's been so long since we've talked! I wish I had more interesting things to share but I'm still stuck in the US of Fail. And the UK just tightened their immigration laws. Oy. My friend is going to have to find another job that offers at least 20k a year or else she can't renew her work visa. [] So sad.

I need to find a money tree.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dolphinsis! []

I also need to find a money tree. Despite all our weird and wonderful plant life, there doesn't seem to be such a thing in Ozfailya. They might be in the nation of Hiber. [] If not, they're probably all stuck in Imagi, and their laws are becoming increasingly difficult to contend with. It might not be worth the bother.

*just woke up* []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I think there is a money tree but you need to be a Banker or possibly a Premier League footballer to get it. Here it is very cold!
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Brae! *glomps* You'd think with all the strange and wonderful flora in Australia there'd at least be a money tree somewhere. Dangnabit. Oh, Ben and I totally want to get holiday working visas for either Australia and New Zealand. We'll need a bit more money before we can do it, and it has to be done before we're 30, but that would be so awesome, right??

Ah yeah Ham I heard it's pretty dang cold in England right now. It's been regularly 21-23 C here in Los Angelfakes.

[ 02-04-2012, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It might get down to 21 at night here, but of late, 23 was the lowest I've seen at 5AM.
Enjoy the winter everyone!

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We had 15 over the weekend here, down to 18 one day. My aunt, who lives further inland (while Oslo is on the coast), had 26. She has been known to have 35, but not this winter.

Around 5 again today, which is fine.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Going to Barcelona tomorrow morning! [] They had snow recently... []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Well, in that case you could go sking there. That would be a first!
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Going to Barcelona tomorrow morning!
I'll be there in May. Any chance you'll be there then?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I've been to Barcelona only once - the only time I've been to Spain.
I didn't have much time there, but at least I saw the Sagrada Familia ...

I'd like to go again, but it's not likely that it will be any time soon.

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

There were no snow. [] Came home last weekend and got sick on wednesday. [] []

pi, highly unlikely. []

Varna, I got to visit the Sagrada Familia too. This was a work trip (20 year celebration [] ), so for us scaffolders, the construction works were almost as impressive as the church itself! []

[ 02-18-2012, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution (Page 43)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help