Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  43  44  45 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't like red wine that much, I don't drink coffee... []
But I like cheese. 'Nuff said. []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Driving license? Congratulations!!!
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks ! []

So I bought this new video game yesterday - well it's from 2005 - called 'Shadow of the Colossus'... Beautiful and weird game... I love it so far []

And I'm listening to the FF VII OST at work. []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I can has internetz again. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inc'! Congratulations!! [] Now you can drive and visit Norway! []

I've also been reading early UPs, and it hit me - it's the same now as then, just a different group of people doing the major posting (back then WT, Gna, Thingy and Athene were the most prominent.

I miss them, though. There's much wit buried in the old UPs. []

Examples. []

"Try giving platelets: needles in both arms, reclining next to a humming centrifuge for 1.5+ hours, a deathly chill spreading inexorably up your left arm towards your heart, and the joyous tingle of citrate toxicity."

"If I'm tailgated by another dumbfäck in an SUV or pickup truck one more time, I will design a spray-paint apparatus for the back of my car that stencils "I'm a tailgating s**thead with defective genitalia" in permanent dayglo paint across the grille of the offending vehicle."

"The edit time thing is wonky.
Maybe everyone knows that, and I'm just out of the loop, as usual"

By Gna. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

YAY for new Internetz ! []

*just changed the UP title... * []
Mainly because I've looked at old UPs which still had some title ideas []

quote:
Inc'! Congratulations!! Now you can drive and visit Norway!
OH YEAH [] Can't wait.

So which old UPS have you been reading ? I've only re-read the ones I was the door-whore for - that are still in the Perch.
*has a few more on his home computer* []
*doesn't have Internet anymore home, though [] *

On another note : STUPID TRIFLUORIDE ION WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BE CALCULATED GRMBL []

E : Amá, I see you lurking... []

[ 03-29-2011, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Trifluoride. [] Fluorine. [] Awesome atom. []

I have saved UPs from "Kiss Me! I'm Elvish" and onwards. Reading the 3rd in line now.

[ 03-29-2011, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Yeah, awesome and tiresome : [] [] [] []
[]

Oooh, I think I've started keeping them from that one, too. I guess that's because we became members almost at the same time [] []

I believe in a thing called love (what I'm listening to now) []
*moves head to the music*

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

KMIE is from early 2007 when we joined, so that seems plausible.

I wonder, someone must have older UPs? [] Varna, perhaps? []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[] @ acronym.

I know - still from reading old ones [] - that Brae has (or used to have) quite old UPs... [] To the blackmail ! []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

*A wild haiku appears*

Maha has got twins
Two beautiful little girls
Does that mean he wins?

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[]

I'm off, peeps ! See you soon [] []

Well, just "peep", I guess, since there's only you, Art...

*reckons the obvious innuendo will be used by tomorrow* []

[ 03-29-2011, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Hey! [] Private business here!
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've only got five old UPs, I only saved them if there was something special in them that I wanted to keep. Interesting quotes or interesting links.

I've got parts of the one from 2005 where I was on probation for a week before being allowed to become a member - I think I only saved "my own" section of it. Inc', you read that to us at Athene's Party in 2007 ...

Then I've got
Party in the Pumpkin Patch, probably from 2007,
Making Moonshine Miruvor, definitely from 2007,
Tossing Our Snowballs, also from 2007, and
Death Circle of Happiness, from 2008.

Seems I haven't saved any after that ... []
quote:
Now you can drive and visit Norway!
GOOD POINT!!! []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, those are all the ones from when I was in Derry, Varna.

*misses Derry sooooo much* []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, UP! There's not much point about getting really nostaligic about times past here one supposes, lets be grateful this place is still here, many other aren't and chat to those of us that are here. Case in point, is anyone going to pesuade me to stay here or shall I chat elsewhere?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

*persuades* []
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, do stay and chat, Grandpa []

If I stay here long enough, I might not get round to the marking I have to do []

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Oh, do chat here, Hamfast! []

... I even do it myself occasionally ... []

Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hurray for driving Inks! []

Hurray for double mini Mahas of the feminine variety []

Hurray for sAmmii appearance [] (also *hugs*)

Went to Disneyland. Had two alcoholic drinks. One of them didn't really do much and I feel ripped off [] Friend gave me a drawing and grown-up friend gave me a poster *happy tear* I feel wanted. This is a new feeling for offline me (outside of family, of course, but even there I am quite different from most of my fam).

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

*likes the fact that 7 different persons have posted on this page* []

I would drive to Norway in a heartbeat, but for that I needz a car... In France, you have to wait three years after you get your license to rent one [] I have to try and find someone who has one, or who could rent one []

quote:
If I stay here long enough, I might not get round to the marking I have to do
Wha ..? I would love to be a teacher just because you get. to. mark. [] Can I do your marking, pretty please ? []

Hurray for happy and posting Ney []

So I bought this game from 2005 on PS2, Shadow of the Colossus. Anyone knows about it ? It's both weird and great, and the colossi remind me a lot of Ents ! []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest Inc that it is about Colossus and his Shadow? Oh, I wasn't thinking of leaving permantly btw I was just referring to that evening. It is nice to see some live here I suppose one thing I do miss is the early morning chats there aren't a lot of us in Euroland on in the morning!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Okay, I have to say something :

Some time ago, I showed Aiwendil the movie In the Mood for love because it's my favorite and it's super-awesome. Turns out he had already heard about it, but he thought the title was In the Mud for love...

[]
[]
[]

There should totally be a p0rn/parody of the movie using this title.

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Rule #34. []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*posts again*

Look...twice on the same page.

Went to New Orleans a few weeks ago. Love that city.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  43  44  45 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help