Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  43  44  45 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well officially I have two, but I was working overtime on Sunday, (& I'm working every Saturday at the moment, which is why I have a day off on Monday) and that's the only time I had for my reports. When things get really busy I don't get days off at all (though I do get paid for some of the overtime). Still, it keeps me out of mischief []
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have returned and am pleased to report back that the Panama Canal is still in working order. It is quite a big ditch. []
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We are pleased both with your return and with your report. []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
At least it hasn't been hit by an earthquake or Tsuanmi or Nuclear power incident yet!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, people, that's enough ! I've reading parts of old UPs and I feel nostalgic, now. We actually need conversation and silliness in here. I MISS IT [] []

So anyway, Theney has arrived in Paris yesterday, after some trouble in the RER because of a stupid person who thought it was smart to kill themselves on the track. Anyway, we ate crêpes for lunch and now all is good []

I hope everyone is having a lovely friday and will have a lovely week-end ! []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
because of a stupid person who thought it was smart to kill themselves on the track.
That's happened to me twice! Once in Belgium & once in Moscow (although the one in Moscow may have been an accident). (I don't mean I tried to kill myself, I mean I got held up by someone else who did, just in case anyone was wondering)
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Only twice ? [] It happens all the time in here. I think there is one person a day who kills themselves on French tracks (subway, RER or actual train).

I don't take the subway very often, so I've never been in this situation directly, but most of my friends have.

Oh, and it would be weird if you'd tried to kill yourself like that and didn't succeed. []

I'm at work, reading old UPs and listening to Pergolesi's Stabat Mater. My work doesn't... work, but life is good so far. []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the RER. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Did you take it ? []

Oh, right, from the airport ? []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And back again. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The only time I have been to Paris was in December 1977. We had meant just to go straight through by train, but we had to spend the day waiting for the next train, because of a train strike. So I got to see the Tour Eiffel and Notre Dame ... and the Arc de Triomphe - if I spelt that right ... We could not find the subway, so we crossed the roundabout. On foot.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Paris... I just watched a great old movie called Paris Blues. Excellent performances by Paul Newman, Sidney Poitier, Joanne Woodward, and Diahann Carroll. Some good cameo trumpet playing by Louis Armstrong too!
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Posting spree, Snowy?
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just mentioning a cool movie I saw that was filmed in Paris. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Just that every new post from "Dramatic Discussions" and south was signed [] Snöwdog - granted, some are old, but still. []

And no, I haven't seen that film. []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Ah... yes... for a moment, I 'owned' the board. []
My thread-diving did bring Arorë Silvertongue back for a visit!

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It seems actually to have been quite busy the past few days! Perhaps Theney's spirit is still here in some way.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Let's hope it stays ...
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Okay. Very bad family news yesterday. Ugh. I feel like I'm in a lame movie. Or nightmare. Or whatever.
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

*hugs Inky*
Don't know what your bad situation is, my friend, but whatever it is, you are in my thoughts & prayers.
Feel free to PM if you want to talk.

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Thanks guys []

Don't worry, I'm more or less fine and definitely will be. It's just very weird and quite harsh.
Elanor > I may accept your offer, since you don't know my family [] Thanks.
But the time for mourning is over ! [] I took my driving license this morning, and I hope for the best ! I'll let you know when I get the results, in a couple of days. []

Here, the weather is just perfect []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

You don't get results the same day? I'm guessing you mean the driving exam.
[]
Here, the weather is autumn: Strong gusts of wind combined with precipitation. [] Good thing I was mostly working indoors at our warehouse.

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Yes, I meant the driving exam. I didn't know how to say it. ANGLICHE FAYL. []

And no, we don't get the results on the same day, thanks to some people a few years ago who got angry and bashed the guy after he told them they didn't get it. []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : We Thank You For Your Contribution (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  43  44  45 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help