Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010 (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hurray for no HIV []

That is one of the plusses of waiting, I must say. I have enough stress without getting tested for STIs and worrying about pregnancy if the protection fails...

Gonna brave the mall this evening...

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Built a scaffolding roof today. Heavy and tiring - and rewarding. [] []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Loony Lawsuits. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have to have an HIV test every time I apply for a Russian visa. One thing I always try to avoid is having it done in the UK because they are slow and expensive compared with other countries I've had it done in.
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean that the Russians check those from the UK coming into their country for HIV? Must admit, that's a bloody cheek! Considering that the rates of HIV in Russia must be considerably higher than that in the West!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very much so; the adult infection rate in the UK is 0.2%. In Russia it is 1.01%. However, lots of countries make you take an HIV test before moving there, and some, like the US, deny naturalisation if you're HIV-positive.

ETA: The US infection rate is 0.6%.

[ 12-10-2009, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and some, like the US, deny naturalisation if you're HIV-positive.
A few years ago, you couldn't get a US visa if you were positive (same thing as in Russia)
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You haven't even started to brush with US customs hell until you've found yourself in front of an agent with that "gotcha!" smile on his face after finding in your bag an illegal apple you packed just in case you'd get hungry and didn't think to mention when asked if you had anything to declare... [] (6 hours in custody [] )

(Disclaimer: this didn't happen to me personally, although I was travelling with the person in question.)

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The last time I flew back from the UK to Moscow (September) we all had our temperature taken on the plane when we landed with a funny sort of gun-type thing, presumably to make sure we weren't bringing swine flu into the country.

Hamfast-not just from the UK-everyone who applies for a Russian visa has to have the HIV test. It may be down to the fact that there are apparently quite a lot of sex tourists in Moscow.

[ 12-10-2009, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Elanor Gamgee ]

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*is broody*

-

WAAAANT

[] [] [] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like a little dinosaur! []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

And then it grows big and ugly.
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And tastes like chicken!
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aw! Pangosis wants a Pango of her very own! []

[] And I've now decided Athene's character shall be in charge of pangolins, otters and platypi. [] [] [] Dolphins, unfortunately, are not in this zoo. [] The zoo's too inland for them. [] []

*goes back to obscurity*

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Who's having two weeks of work over Christmas?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

I'm not! [] Going home the 18th. []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ich bin im Deutschland, bichez!!! [] []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Ach so, und warum geehren Sie Deutschland mit Ihrer Besuch?

(Long time since I was learning German [] )

Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ve hass de znö fallink!! []

*my best German* []

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ich weiss nicht.

[]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Weisst du nicht! Schade!
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Froehliche Weihnachten und ein glueckliches Neues Jahr!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I think I might have understood some of that German. Then again, I might not have! I think my German is so pigeon it would make Lol cats seem like perfect grammer. Lills, where you basically saying you enjoyed your time in Germany?
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Blut für den Blut-Gott!Schädel für den Thron von Khorne!

[]

What?

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

My vocabulary is very rusty but I used to take pride in my grammar skills back then. Hence, I don't understand Nash's post. []

E: No, not Bash

[ 12-13-2009, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010 (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help