Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010 (Page 3)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You've had much more complicated maths than what was mentionned above interacting with your life
Interacting with my life, surely.
Like the maths that go into building an airplane with wings at the correct angle to keep it staying up when it should and not falling down.

I just meant I haven't had it thrown at me as maths ... []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thou Shalt Not Mention Anne Rice and What Whedon Wrought in the Same Sentence as Twilight. Not in the same ballpark. Twilight is not worthy to lick the boots of Rice or Whedon's works.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I should have made it clearer that I didn't target Ann Rice's books, but the movie made out of them.

Though I agree that they don't play in the same ballpark as far as literary worthyness and/or entertainment value are concerned, you cannot deny that they contributed to making Vampires swooning material...

And a good doesn't necessarily cancels a wrong... []

[ 12-05-2009, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Vampires are better as swooning material. And the IWTV movie is good.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like Buffy because it subverts the trope of the cutesey blonde cheerleader as horror victim. And now I shall take my feminist beret off and go back to squeeing over Jared Padalecki's forearms.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Horror! The Horror!

The end is nigh!

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

*swoons*
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I did some complex math at work yesterday. When we do our mixes, we get a quantity of 9 cakes per bag, so when someone says we need 6 bags of chocolate cakes, that means you have to prepare 54 trays. So, I was told that we needed 3 whites and 1 chocolate. That's 3 + 1 * 9. 4 * 9. So I prepared 45 trays! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ohai everyone.

I am tiiiired []

I went to Montpellier yesterday to see an opera, as a critic (they offered me the opera ticket and the train ticket ! ) []

E : But maths are great ! [] []
For instance :

3^3 + 4^4 + 3^3 + 5^5 = 3435 [] [] []

[ 12-07-2009, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I am stalking you through text messaging. Bwuahahahaha.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

What's funny's that I tried to text message you that very morning but it failed because I had no money left on my phone account []

Should I watch my mailbox then ? []

My plans for New Year's got canceled []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Oh noes! [] So you're not going off with G's friends for a few days then?

Your step-daughters have extended an invite. []

[ 12-07-2009, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I'll have to think about it []

My yet-to-meet step-daughters, btw ? []

Well, the guy that was going to host us in Jura apparently cannot anymore. So all of us are trying to come up with a back-up plan. Failing so far [] So we'll see, I guess. []

In other news, my reaction with CuCN worked [] I am pleased. I didn't want to have to manipulate cyanide ions again [] []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cu+ []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Those cyanide ions are tenacious little buggers. You have to TRICK them into letting go... []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

Yay! I got an A on my paper [] And my teacher took the time to write lots of helpful comments []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
From Inc,
quote:
I didn't want to have to manipulate cyanide ions again
Mind, I wouldn't mind having a go. Sounds fun!
Congrats, Ney! [] As far as I'm concerned, I'm hoping those Muffins I made at work are ok. They seemed fine, but close up they looked a bit different than I thought they would be. But I often don't look at Muffins too closely! I'm sure I'll be told. First time I've made Muffins by myself.

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I has a new fluff!!!! []
 -

I finally grabbed my foster cat, Cleo, and dragged her inside the house to shield her from the rain. She's so cute!!!!! []

She's off doing something... with Simba... being shmoos. []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well, enjoy yourself, Ham []
I had to wear a special mask, and wash everything afterwards with a mixture of caustic soda and bleach []
But you can do it without any precaution if you're willing to, although we might stop seeing you here afterwards - or everywhere, for that matter []

Oh, God, the most stressful thing happened to me yesterday. I will double post about it soon []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

No you won't.
[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[]

So here it is :

I did an HIV test yesterday. For those of you who have done one, I guess you know how stressful it can get, even if you have no particular reason to be stressed out (like me). So I had the blood sample done in the morning, and went back in the afternoon to get my results.

When I got in the office, the secretary asked for my name, and then started searching my results amongst the pile of everybody else's results on her desk. Couldn't find them. Then she searched in the printer, and in two or three other places, and still couldn't find them. Then she asked for my name again and said "Oh, okay, I misunderstood, here it is. What's your first name again ?", and I told her, and she said "Oh, well, no, sorry, that's definitely not you". Then, she told me it probably had been sent via mail ( [] ) and that she was going to print it out again right now. To that end she did stuff again on her computer for like one minute, and then she told me "Could you please go to the waiting room ?". And I was like "What's going on ??" and I went to wait, for like 5 minutes, with people staring. I ended up negative, but those five minutes were AWFUL []
Not surprising if I went to bed at 10 last night []
But YAY []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I have done one (twice actually), and even though I also had no reason to think it was positive, it's still a bit nerve-wracking.

So is this the "I am moving on in my relationship and we want to get tested together" HIV test? []

(Strange the things I find romantic; sadly, mine was the "My boyfriend cheated on me extensively" HIV test. [] )

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well, it was actually more the "the condom broke and my boyfriend freaked out" kind of test []

But we had talked of doing it anyway beforehand, so, now that we know it's negative, we can pretend it was of the "moving along" kind [] []

[ 12-08-2009, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Glad everything went well Inc'. []

Oh my gosh I'm so exhausted from this past weekend. Partying in Belgium with Polish, Germans, Belgians, an Irish and a Dutch girl was pretty intense. [] Let's just say that the Belgians won the fight against liquor. They are the most calm people ever, seriously. Even when completely trashed. []

The Dutch girl was the loudest. []

and me? Well I had a fight with cheap German vodka and lost. Badly. []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Well, at least you know it had the right result, Inky! Though I would imagine that would be a bit of a shock for a few moments. I might need a stiff drink after that if that was me
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010 (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help