Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010 (Page 22)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
People come, people go, some return, some don't. Some people you want to stay, go, and some people you want to go, stay. It is the way of an internet community....

[ 05-02-2010, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Varna and Inc', I don't think that the Facebook style of interface is necessarily all that more superficial than, say, the messageboard format. It really depends on how you use it, and how the people you're friends with (of whom, incidentally, there don't have to be hundreds) use it. Messageboards are certainly more appropriate for detailed or extended discussions, of course...
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The bad stuff didn't happen here, Inc, but it also kind of contaminated the whole board. Kind of took the happiness away.

I don't really think the slowdown is because of Facebook or any type of social networking site like that. For me, Facebook is kind of the site of last resort, I post there to keep in touch with people I can't keep in touch with anywhere else. It may be a consequence of the Slowdown, but I don't think it's the cause.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The bad stuff didn't happen here, Inc, but it also kind of contaminated the whole board. Kind of took the happiness away.
Good point.
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I hardly ever posted in the threads where bad things happened, but there are always the beginning of posts in Active topics, so even I would occasionally see some of it.

I don't think either that other social media have dragged people away from MT. That may be where they went - but like you say, not why they went.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What was the "bad stuff"? I didn't get drunk and do my stripper routine again, did I?
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, that was MILD compared to The Reign of the Wiki.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Keo with shorter hair? Hmmm, I'll reserve judgement until I see the evidence.

I spend too much time on Facebook. I know it. I just don't seem to have the will power to do anything about it. But it is nothing compared to what I spend on WikiAnswers. That is truly scary!

I hit 9 years on here in February. And while many have come and gone, we've even seen several members go to the East, where we hope they are dancing with the elves.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

Darn it; I missed my eighth MT anniversary about ten days ago.
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My 8th is in September. []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How much is that in dog years? []
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
About 8 I think []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Keo's hair looks great []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna wait until Oriona posts the new photos from yesterday on Facebook to post photos in the Face thread. Omigod yesterday was hilarious...

My gang and I went to Disneyland, and Oriona, Chester and Eric got TRASHED. We spent a couple hours in the Grand California hotel bar in California Adventure and Eric discovered this amazing drink called The Black Pearl. It was over. Ori had something called Glowtini and by the final shot of Yager they were DONE. I basically half carried my boyfriend across Disneyland for hours as he said the weirdest sh*t on the planet. []

I started eventually texting myself all the weird crap he was saying so that I'd remember it all. This morning our conversation revealed a lot of it and he was laughing soooo hard and kept apologising for being abnoxious.

So it was in that state that our dear Naytari and several of her family friends met Eric. I warned her ahead of time that he was drunk off his a*s, but they seemed to all enjoy each other anyway.

It was also Bat's Day, a giant convention of goths, and Eric and I played a game of pointing out hot goth chicks to each other all day long. Am I a good girlfriend or what? [] []

So, Ney, impressions of Eric? []
-Keo

[ 05-04-2010, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Princess Keona ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

Drunk!Eric was fun []
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I do not know into which of the categories Snowdog discribed at the top of the page, I fall into, but still I am making an effort of a comeback.
So is all fine in the land of Tolkien maniacs?

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Fine if quiet is fine!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quiet indeed...

On another note, short week ahead. Thursday is off, but if it's possible, I'll work that day as well.

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And since I don't work Mondays or Fridays, only two days for me this week. Should try to make good use of the long week-end in some way - not just spend it surfing the Net ... []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

Finals []
Finished Ulysses and it was terrific []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Going to Brussels tomorrow for the long week-end []

Glad you liked it, Ney!

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm off to Volgograd tomorrow evening-it's a working trip but I should have time to see a bit of the place.
Can't believe the new MP in my home town is Ben Gummer, the son of one John Selwyn Gummer [] . My Dad reckons he's better than JSG himself, though it's hard to imagine how he could possibly be worse without having already been committed to an institution []

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

With the normal internet access unavailable and using only a slow connection, I reckon I won't be online much over the week-end ...
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Norwegian Constitution Day. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I've said it before, but it seems that every week there is a day somewhere for for something in the world [] But Norwegian Constitution day, that's a new one on me! Still, shouldn't really knock the Norwegians. In fact there is a lot I admire about them. They certainly seem to have a better Government than we do!
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010 (Page 22)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help