Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010 (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
PIRAAAAATES!!!! []

... oh, also, I had an awesome dream about Michael C. Hall, where he was a secret agent/assasin, and we were best friends. He "stole" me to take me on a secret mission to find Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan. []

I also saw a map poinpointing the exact location where Osama is supposed to be hiding, so now I keep trying to find different mountaneous regions of Afghanistan to see if I can find the location and then call Obama and let him know. []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Right, I forgot about the rum. That settles it!
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Keo, that sounds a bit like a Hollywood film, surprising that no-one has actually done a film like that precisely! Not a very good Hollywood film, mind! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Being transcendental is much more classy []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ninjas would definitely win a battle, but I think pirates would still be laughing in the end. Plus they'd be drunk as hell so they wouldn't care. [] []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
To Err is Human, to Arr is Pirate < I have that t-shirt.

I have no Ninja-related t-shirt. []

However, I don't really care for this competition. I'm more interested in Cavemen vs Astronauts. []

I hope astronauts know not to put an apostrophe in a plural. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Being transcendental is much more classy. []
I still have comprehension problems about the transcendental property. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A number is transcendental if it cannot be the solution of an algebraic equation []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
π vs. e DEATHMATCH!
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A number is transcendental if it cannot be the solution of an algebraic equation []
[]
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why are Pirates called Pirates?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Because English imported that word from French without any changes in spelling. The French word itself comes from the Greek "Peirates" which literally translates as "the one who attacks". The root "Per-" (from which Peir- is itself derived) means "dangerous" (as in "Peril").

So in other words, they're called that way because they're considered dangerous! []

*annoying TV person voice*
And that was Prof. Nash's minute of useless culture brought to you by Spam! Hum, delicious Spam!

And now for something completely different...

[ 12-03-2009, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ninja girls will fight by your side.

-

-

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
... I had the craziest day. []

There was a shooter in a church across the street from my work, and the friggin' LAPD, SWAT team, police dog and 4 helicopters were there trying to capture him. This was all a result of a robbery, they caught 2 of the suspects early but the last one evaded them all day.

We saw the craziest CSI-like stuff all day, it was AWESOME!!! []

Here's the news story link. The building they're talking about, the Superior Court building, that's where I work. []
News Story!!!
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Nash: the correct answer is: "Because they ARRRRRRRRR".
[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
π vs. e DEATHMATCH!
γ wins. People don't even know whether it's irrational or not []

quote:
A number is transcendental if it cannot be the solution of an algebraic equation
Meaning a polynomial equation with integers for coefficients. For instance, sqrt(2) isn't transcendental (but is irrational) because it's the solution of x²-2 = 0 []
You should know them, they are the most common numbers amongst R []

[ 12-04-2009, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I understood your reply there, Inky, right up to y!

Edit: Oh, fogot to say, that sounds exciting, Keo! Mind, I expect that after a few recent incidents, the police in the US are a bit jumpy about people running around shooting guns, it could have been anything!

[ 12-04-2009, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You know what's cooler than mere Pirates and Ninjas?

Zombie Pirates and/or Zombie Ninjas! []

Brrrrraaaaaiiinnnsss will always be cooler than Arrrr in my book! []

Zombies 4 teh win!!!1!!!ONE!!!11!!!eleven!!!onemilliononehundredandeleventhousandonehundredandeleven!

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

quote:
Meaning a polynomial equation with integers for coefficients.
I think that helped. []

I am finished with complicated math in my life. []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am finished with complicated math in my life.
I never had that complicated math in mine. []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

You have Varna, you just don't realize it!

You've had much more complicated maths than what was mentionned above interacting with your life each time you trusted a password encryption to keep your stuff from getting hacked for example... []

E: forgot my dear Yorik

[ 12-04-2009, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
2nd page!, I've missed the first one again []

Math is everywhere... figures

[ 12-04-2009, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Durthdil ]

From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Zombies 4 teh win!!!1!!!ONE!!!11!!!eleven!!!onemilliononehundredandeleventhousandonehundredandeleven!
[] [] []

What . . . you don't like books about 100+-year-old vampires proving their moral superiority by not chasing high school girls?

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

The one and only thing Twighlight (be it in book or movie form) achieved was to deal the final blow after Interview with a Vampire and Queen of the Damned already weakened the genre by making it swooning material... Well, series like Buffy and Angel contributed to the damage quite a bit actually.

*wonders if the pun "beating an (un)dead horse" shouldn't be used more often given the number of other blows to the genre he can think about*

I remember a time when you could, around a RPG table for example, dare say the V-word without fearing that all the adolescent girls within a one mile radius start to water at the mouth and get their look lost in the distance, all muttering something that dreadfully sounds like "awwwww" at the same time...
Each time this aw(wwww)ful sound is uttered Bram Stoker, Max Schreck and Bela Lugosi somersault in their tombs.

But each time a girl says "Ugh, gross!" because someone mentions a zombie, a future George Romero (or at least a potential Sam Raimi) is born somewhere. There is thus still hope in my heart... []

[ 12-05-2009, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Ninjas vs. Pirates : Showdown 2010 (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help