Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Tip on a highly classic drama series...
Author Topic: Tip on a highly classic drama series...
Peter_20
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6368
posted      Profile for Peter_20   Email Peter_20   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to give you a tip on one of the probably best drama series ever.
It was shown for the first time in 1992 and was on television for over ten years, and through that whole time it was the number one show in Sweden.
It is called "Rederiet" ("The Shipping Company") and it was so good that some episodes have even been sold in Africa.

Although you might not enjoy it to the fullest if you don't understand Swedish, I still suggest you to take a look at it - it is easy to understand what's going on anyway and Swedish does tend to sound similar to English, so you can probably guess some of the lines.
The characters and acting are superb and surprisingly good quality for a very first episode;
here's the first part of that episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAwZAJBKNeA&feature=related

I'm not sure if there are any videos with subtitles, but there are some scenes on Youtube where they speak English.
Maybe this video is easier to grasp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA48OXro0zY

It shows the events when the drug addict Carl (the black-haired guy, wonderful character) had accidentally killed a man and welded him into a storage room.
The acting is truly impressive here.

[ 08-27-2009, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Peter_20 ]

From: Sweden | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Tip on a highly classic drama series...
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help