Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : the Cult of Stalking (Page 52)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : the Cult of Stalking
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
  • Retconning all previous characters into Judeo-Christian mythology, even when it makes no fricken sense
  • Dean = perfect, Sam = EVOL
  • Angelic intervention used to cover up crappy writing
  • Death of all good female characters
  • BATMAN VOICE
  • Epic shark-jumping
  • The whole show basically turning into Kripke writing SPN fanfic
  • All script ideas as per TWoP messageboards
[] [] []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, well, doesn't sound like I have missed much. It's not on terrestrial anyway! I'm prepared to bet the camera doesn't stay still for over a minute as well. Btw, I saw A Christmas Carol in 3d at the I-max the other day. Interesting experience!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
HI LILLI HI HI
LILLI HI

That is .. frightening []

I made pumpkin soup, aubergines with halloumi and chocolate cake plus bought blood orange ice-cream for my boyfriend and another friend last night. I rock []

I'm hungry now []

quote:
Then somehow I got talked into doing the power-walk/jog for another hour, even though I had loads of stuff to do at home.
That sounds so much like you []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, does anyone remember 1985?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am persuadable when it comes to exercise classes, wine and kitties.
[]

I have a map of the London Underground on my board at work; I tell my colleagues it's to plan site visits, but in fact it's in case anyone revives our current game of Mornington Crescent.
[]
Which reminds me, does anyone want to try again now that the East London line has been extended into the Overground? I think the extra links mean that it's now impossible to be in knip for more than two rounds, which might make the game a little faster?
[]

E: Aubergines with halloumi... []
E2: Yes, Ham, why do you ask?

[ 11-27-2009, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I had Pumpkin once with Dad, I thought it a bit flavourless, frankly! The reason why I ask is what would you say if I told you that in 1985 the world came a heartbeat away from Nuclear destruction?
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I would say... yes?
[]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

'fraid I have to go to work now, but supposing in the mid-eighties there was a major crisis between the United States and Soviet Union that none knew about because for some reason the powers that be needed to keep it secret but there was considerable tension for some days and had one person pressed a missle in a wrong place Nuclear war would have happened. But as I say, the public where blissfully unaware of this!
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BTW, does anyone remember 1985?
Marty McFly does. He's always going on about it.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Errr... all right. No Supernatural then (*frantically checks to see what else she has on there*)

[]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

MOAR PSYCH!!!!
[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
have a map of the London Underground on my board at work; I tell my colleagues it's to plan site visits, but in fact it's in case anyone revives our current game of Mornington Crescent.
I'd like to, but since no-one will explain me the rules (or even the non-rules) I cannot. Oh, and I don't have a map of the London Underground.
You could play with the Paris Métro, though []

E : No, Ham, why do you ask ? []

[ 11-27-2009, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I understand there was a movement about twenty years ago to play a version of Mornington Crescent using the Paris Métro, but it never took off. []

I think it is because the stations are so close together that the Pelleport Pas de Deux (the equivalent, from what I can make out, of the Cockfosters Overpass) renders standard reverses useless, which makes the chances of anyone completing a game extremely low. []

The committee fell at the first hurdle because no-one could agree on which station was tactically equivalent to Mornington Crescent, thus leaving the game nameless and its object unidentified. []

Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You got the story wrong Athene...

In fact, what renders the Paris Metro useless for that game is that every male player ends up in knip at Pigalle for some reason which could never be fully explained... While female players similarly end up in knip at Sentier (with some extreme cases being blocked as early as Réaumur-Sébastopol or even Strasbourg Saint-Denis in one occurence) because of the Immutable "Stubborn Pied-Noir clothes seller" rule...

There was one exception during the beta-testing of the rules, one male successfully passed through Pigalle without getting blocked only to find himself in knip between Hôtel de Ville and Saint Paul...

Edit: *realizes that anyone with no knowledge of the particularity of the area known as Le Marais will probably fail to get that last comment*

[ 11-27-2009, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Was it Inc'?
[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Thankfully, I already took Ammii, Theney, Bele and Arta there []
And of course Eluchil knows all about it [] []

E : HAY ! What's that supposed to mean ? []
[]
Oh, the truth ? Sorry []

[ 11-27-2009, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inc', I can't believe you actually did take that many MTers there. It's such a cliché... []
From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Yeah, one word for you, my friend: MARGARITAS. That's why. []

In knip. Is that what they're calling it nowadays.
[]
[]

Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

There are many other places in Paris where you can get good (even better) margaritas... So that argument is null and void. []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well, it was the closest place to where I live and where everyone's hotel was []
And everyone loved it anyway []

Oh, and it's full of cute boys, on which everyone agreed - albeit not enjoyed []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I didn't agree, but then my taste in men is not quite as twinky as yours and Ammii's.

OH YES I WENT THERE
[]
[]

Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I remember 1985. I was in Cairo.
I'm always game for another round of Mornington Crescent-maybe we could try the Moscow Metro for a change?

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

My taste in men is not twinky, I don't fancy Jackson Rathole ! [] [] []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[Rowley Birkin, QC]Cairo! EEEEEEEEEEE![/Rowley Birkin, QC]
[]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and it's full of cute boys, on which everyone agreed
When did I agree? []

[]

[]

[]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : the Cult of Stalking (Page 52)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help