Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  52  53  54 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : the Cult of Stalking (Page 3)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : the Cult of Stalking
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was good; spent it at my uncle's house, and my aunt and I went to Hampton Court Flower Show. I'm, like, a GARDENER and everything!
[]
Then I came home and drank lots of beer and watched The Planets. It was awesome; I had many of my famous drunken physics revelations*. []

How was yours?

*See: The "Fruit" theory of Universal Force for more details.

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's very good ! [] []

Mine was very lazy. I started looking for an apartment, which is a pain in the äss, and I'm also looking for a marimba to rent, and I have to make appointments to the doctor and so on... []

HOLIDAYS FAIL ! []

Is work still crazy busy ?

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes: at this rate, the Olympics will consist of a couple of old boys playing tiddlywinks in Regents Park. *sigh*
[]
Did you check out that studio your friend was going to rent you? Although I have some reservations about using a marimba as a bunk bed, it sounded nice. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get to celebrate Bastille day [] I do get to see 'Arry Potter at midnight, but it's the sixth one *pout* ( [] )

What does one do on Bastille day? Is it like Labor day in the US (where people basically ignore it, or maybe have a family get-together or something to enjoy the day off)?

I really like your avatar, Inc.

[ 07-14-2009, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Did you check out that studio your friend was going to rent you?
No, not yet, but thanks for remindig me, I just called him [] []

quote:
Although I have some reservations about using a marimba as a bunk bed, it sounded nice.
[]
actually, I think I'll rent one at my mother's place. I saw a xylophone (not exactly the same, but almost) for 25€ per month [] CHEAPNESS ! []

quote:
I do get to see 'Arry Potter at midnight, but it's the sixth one *pout*
[] Enjoy !

quote:
What does one do on Bastille day? Is it like Labor day in the US (where people basically ignore it, or maybe have a family get-together or something to enjoy the day off)?
Some people watch the parade (not me) and some watch the great fireworks later (me) [] It's definitely not ignored !

quote:
I really like your avatar, Inc.
Thanks ! And I love you ! []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Going to get fingerprinted today. To bad it costs $88!!! [] Also, Swansea did whatever they could to prevent me from talking to a human being about my questions. They really don't like proactive people in the UK do they? []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] DO NOT DISMISS THE MIGHTY GLOCKENSPIEL []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*quakes with fear*

I'm sorry! I won't!

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] OK, weird cross-post.

No, we don't. [] None of that go-getting, entrepreneurial American spirit here, thank you very much. We'd prefer to sit in the corner, being apathetic and self-deprecating. It's so much less hard work. []

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Bah! *pokes the UK* It's just a simple question. What do you think I'm going to do, ask you for the meaning of life? (by the way, that's a simple answer. 42 - DUH!)
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What do you think I'm going to do, ask you for the meaning of life? (by the way, that's a simple answer. 42 - DUH!)
The answer is simple, but the question is not as simple as you put it. []

In fact, I'm not sure they have finished working out yet what the question is. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what this has to do with the answer to life, but I discovered that I become an even more accomplished violinist whilst drunk.
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Of course you were. You're not a true artist until you've used some mind-altering substance, amirite? []
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I already knew I was better when I was high []

It was the thought of breaking it while I was drunk that kept me from ever trying before but the alcohol helped me over come that fear last night []

From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi to everyone! Isn't Bastille day where we go and chop of our Nobs?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I want a marimba or a xylophone [] Or possibly A MIGHTY GLOCKENSPIEL.

quote:
Some people watch the parade (not me) and some watch the great fireworks later (me) [] It's definitely not ignored !
Ah, so Bastille Day is more like the Fourth of July (?). No presents, but definitely appreciated.

quote:
Thanks ! And I love you !
I love you too []

quote:
I'm not sure what this has to do with the answer to life, but I discovered that I become an even more accomplished violinist whilst drunk.
I played my best piano ever whilst delirious from fever [] (family confirmed this before demanding I take Tylenol)
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I hate crying myself to sleep.
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

*hugs*

It's the worst. The months of November and October of last year were pretty much like that for me, nearly every night. [] I don't wish it upon anyone.

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I only do it very, very rarely because when I start thinking about my life enough to start crying about it, I can't stop crying for hours. So I keep everything shut up inside me as long as possible, covered in my 'cynic' mask. But sometimes it comes out anyway and all my many, many failures in life come back to haunt me again and I just want to curl up in a ball and die. Chances are I won't even get out of bed tomorrow. What's the point? There really isn't one anymore. I'm alive because I couldn't stand to hurt my family like that. Absolutely no other reason.
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

I don't know what to say, other than... what saved me during the month of November was writing.

I think you just gotta find something you enjoy and immerse yourself in it.

Now, I'm stressed and worried about various things - I get lonely lots of times, but I usually bury myself in my writing. It helps. Not completely and problems don't just go away. But it helps. I create worlds and stories for my characters to live in.... I'm giving them a voice, even if I feel like I have nothing to give. Makes the world a little richer, even if but a little. []

[ 07-15-2009, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I create worlds and stories for my characters to live in.... I'm giving them a voice, even if I feel like I have nothing to give. Makes the world a little richer, even if but a little. []
That is so true!

And that goes for your writing as well, Amarië. I miss our writing sessions ... []
Not only your family would miss you if we lost you. You mean something to other people too. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

GLOCKENSPIEL ! []

Oops, sorry []

I'm sure you said that just to feel smug about knowing the word, though [] []

[]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

When I was a teeny little nipper at pre-school in Germany, I was the designated GLOCKENSPIEL jockey for year 3. [] In all the school, Ladybird Class was famed for its arythmic jazz renditions of popular songs such as "You Are My Sunshine" and "If I Were A Butterfly". []

Oh yes, my career as an alternative musician goes back many years. []

Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What!!! Athene has returned! Quick, kill the fat cow! I mean the fatted calf!!

Bloody well stonking marvellous to see you! [] [] []

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
Quick, kill the fat cow!
[] I prefer the term "voluptuous". [] [] []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : the Cult of Stalking (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  52  53  54 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help