Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Moose Drool is good...
Author Topic: Moose Drool is good...
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I decided that I'd try different kinds of beer and see what I actually like. Tonight I picked up two beers, Moose Drool and Guinness. I wasn't too impressed with the Guinness, but I'm glad I bought it so now I can say I've tried it.

What are your favorite beers?

From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sam Adams, especially Cherry Wheat. []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Fell in love with Big Sky's Moose Drool Brown Ale back in 2000. If you get a chance, try their Big Sky IPA. []

The trouble with Guinness is they export the extract and its contract-brewed locally all around the world. Therefore the water profiles can get in the way of its true greatness. It's best on draught as opposed to the widget bottle/can anywhere, and is best on darught in Ireland and Scotland.

My fav beer changes alot.
Right now I'm into Stone & Wood Draught, and when in Washington state, it's Hair of the Dog Fred. []

[ 06-06-2009, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to look for Wheat Berry the next time. I saw a number of 'dog' beers, but it looks like Fred isn't sold in Oklahoma.

[ 06-06-2009, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Tuor ]

From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I bet you saw the Flying Dog beers. A good bunch them! []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some Big Sky beers showed up in the UK a few months ago. I liked the Moose Drool a lot, and the IPA even more. I didn't think that their Trout Slayer Ale or Summer Honey were up to much; nice enough, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them again.

I'm fed up with Guinness.

[ 01-04-2011, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Glóin the Dark ]

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Yeah, the Big Sky IPA and the Moose Drool is the pick of th ebunch. Powder Hound Winter ale is alright, but there are better winter seasonals ... like Deschutes Jubulale...
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Moose Drool is good...
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help