Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  56  57  58 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Beren&Lúthien, Bele&Lilli, Beer&Lust (Page 30)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : Beren&Lúthien, Bele&Lilli, Beer&Lust
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] My younger cousin once confused the terms 'sphincter' and 'pupil' when talking about eyes. I guess it kind of makes sense, they both contract and expand, right? []
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how long it's going to be, a month or even that long?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great, Lil!
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit! I knew it was spelled wrong and I forgot to fix it [] []

Lilli, Unfortunatly, this was a professional test and cost money. $10 or $15, to be precise. Worth it for me, but not just as a curiosity...But try searching for "Strong's Interest Inventory" anyway. You might find a free version or a knock-off?

------------------------
We did our second unit (that's what I'm calling it cause it sounds cool) filming for our Batman and Rorschach school thing today. We're gonna edit it together next Thursday [] I was smart and brought my own camera, so I've got great footage of the guys putting on and taking off their costumes (though I did not get Batman taking off his pants behind a piano while conversing with the rest of us [] ) as well as the general hilarity you get when making this kind of project [] Also lots of cussing from the director for no reason [] Except I don't think he wants his visage online...

Batman forgot his sonnet (the idea was that Batman and Rorschach were taking our oral interpretation class) and had to use one he didn't know. His mid-line corrections were sometimes very funny ("Her mistress- I mean MY mistress"). Rorschach memorized his []

[ 03-27-2009, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I heard Watchmen was extremely long, boring, and rather terrible. Not being a fanboy myself of this (or any) comic, I think it seems rather inaccessible - especially with the reported high quantity of giant blue dongs.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whoever said that is a crazy person, because Watchmen was AMAZING and I want to see it again and again and again!!! []

Oh, also, tomorrow I'm apparently meeting Eric's parents. []

*starts biting nails and pacing back and forth*
*starts rummaging through the closet*
OMIGODOMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD!!!!!!
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Keo, you'll be fine! [] I'm sure his parents will love you.
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I heard Watchmen was extremely long, boring, and rather terrible. Not being a fanboy myself of this (or any) comic, I think it seems rather inaccessible - especially with the reported high quantity of giant blue dongs.
Giant blue (non-kosher) dongs aside, I recommend you see it -- with the caveat that you might hate it. But you might love it, too. That seems to be the either-or reaction most have had. Don't expect it to be like like any other superhero movie out there. It's more of an art film.

edit: what's up, peeps! []

[ 03-27-2009, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's not what I've heard from the non-fans at all, Maha. Fans and non-fans alike loved this movie. I highly reccomend it.

They'll love you, Keo. You are a very nice person, very easy to talk to. My mom thinks you're great, haha.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'Tis nearly the weekend. Though I do have two days to go!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bah. I have to go into work on my day off.

*thinks every bad word she knows*

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Join the club-I'm working tomorrow. I do get paid quite well for it, though.
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I heard Watchmen was extremely long, boring, and rather terrible.
They are mistaken. Watchmen was brilliant. Consider it more of a "good movie" rather than just a superhero movie. [] Or rather, the "deconstruction of the superhero genre." It is, as Silm said, a piece of art. []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

I'll probably see it, but it'll be a rental.

I took this new possible flame to the movie films the other night and it was either that or Paul Blart Mall Cop. Mall Cop won, and it was actually surprisingly hillarious! []

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
the Mall Cop movie over Watchmen? []

You are a disgrace to mankind, sir. [] [] []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Those were the two she wanted to see so I told her to pick one as I didn't really care. []
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

[ 03-28-2009, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: Lostfiniel ]

Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

It's so dead [] What happened to Wetty, Athene, Singy and the like?
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here, Losty! [] Though I do tend to lurk more than post these days! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Last I heard of Thingol, he was in Thailand, I think! I hope he's not in some Thai prison! But it's inevitable that people come and go. There are some that are more active now than they where in the past. Plus, one supposes these forums won't last forever [] Still, if things are quiet this gives me more time to write!
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh. Getting home from work at 11:15pm and having to leave the house at 7am the next morning for work SUCKS. Especially when there are storms all night and I can't sleep through storms. []

I am a zombie.

Literally.

I feel like the walking dead.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I think another reason as to why some chat forums are a bit quiterer generally is probably the Credit crunch. I think companies around the world are clamping down on Internet use for non-work purposes!
Edit: Sigh, I notice that technology companies have nicked yet another idea of mine and used it. I really ought to patent one of my ideas one day!

[ 03-29-2009, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thingy is back from Thailand, but hasn't posted here since []
I'm sure he's still mourning the lost of his favorite award to Wetty and donkey []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you know he's pouting.

Somebody needs to buy the poor baby a drink. []

Too bad you're not here today Inky, the weather is absolutely gorgeous - sunny, 60 degrees, and the crawfish festival is going on. We could have started out in the French Quarter for some beignets and cafe au lait, roamed the Quarter for awhile, then went to the festival.

Some other time maybe. Hope you're having a great time so far.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I came across this, and I just couldn't stop laughing, so I gotta share it.

ping pong dance

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Beren&Lúthien, Bele&Lilli, Beer&Lust (Page 30)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  56  57  58 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help