Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  51  52  53 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : [Insert Sordid (Christmassy) Details Here] (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : [Insert Sordid (Christmassy) Details Here]
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny Ney - I just saw that the other night. It was all right. That boy was creeping me out and I kept waiting for his dad to kill him. []

I didn't get the rose petals either. I figure it just had to do with desire and unattainable want. And then when he actually got a chance to get it, he didn't want it anymore. The reality was not as tantalizing as the fantasy. []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that movie in the theater when it was new. Also saw Magnolia about that same time. Two of the weirdest movies I've ever seen.
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's spooky... I'm sitting in front of the computer ordering new towels from Bed, Bath & Beyond, where I used to work, and eating oatmeal cookies.
Ha ! I knew it. I just got confused over the sex of my Matrix.

Lills, how can you hate oatmeal ?? It's SO good ! []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's so gross and mushy. [] I hate the texture. By the way, so I guess your bosses let you in after all? []

Bomby - I had to turn off Magnolia when I tried watching it several years ago. It was waaaaay too intense for me. Although I could probably try again now.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't care for it much the first time I watched it, but I like it more with each subsequent viewing. I keep seeing connections and neat little things.

I don't like oatmeal either. Though I do like the texture. I dislike how tasteless it is unless you dump all kinds of other things in it too. Also for awhile when I was a kid we had big bowls of it EVERY SINGLE MORNING with NOTHING ELSE. So yeah, really turned off now.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Even from an early age I hated it. If I have to eat something like that, I prefer cream of wheat with brown sugar in it. []

But I have to have protein at breakfast or else I get really shaky. []

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have never seen Magnolia mainly because I don't care for Tom Cruise... especially "intense" Tom Cruise. American Beauty is one of the best movies EVAH! Anette Benning is a genius in it and it has one of the best opening lines of any movie:

quote:
Look at me, jerking off in the shower... This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here.
[] Totally sets the tone for the movie and shows what a schmuck the character Lester is and how tired he is with his life.

Speaking of movies... saw The Duchess tonight. I liked it, but, then again, I like a well produced period piece for a bit of escapism. Interesting story(especially since it is based on a true story), gorgeous clothes/hats/scenery and decent acting. Though Keira Knightly annoys me for some reason... can't really put my finger on it. The jutting chin and underbite perhaps. Good actress though...

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"The Duchess" sounds like something I would like...Period pieces win! Did you like "Vanity Fair"?
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Yeah I'm getting tired of Keira Knightly in period pieces. [] I might see it anyway.... the guy she likes is kinda hot.

Did you ever see Marie Antoinette (the one with K. Dunst?) Thingy? That was purely just for the scenery, because the storyline was so boring... []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think Tom Cruise was fine in 'Risky Business,' but it all went downhill from there! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Goddess - yes, after an hour []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

I liked "Marie Antoinette." But I was prepared for it. I had been warned that most people find it boring. So I settled in for a sedated film, haha. I actually find it more entertaining than "Lost in Translation," which I also enjoy. But not as good as "The Virgin Suicides." What will Sofia do next?!

I unloaded the dishwasher and loaded the washer and unloaded the dryer and wrapped presents and watched a bunch of stuff that was clogging the TiVo []

[ 12-24-2008, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

My ex-boyfriend has gonorrhea.

I'm feeling [] and [] for him at the same time []

E : Oh, I'm not responsible for it, btw, in case you were wondering []

[ 12-24-2008, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

Hope it didn't spread to anyone I know and love?
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I really doubt it []
Unless you know someone else than me in France []

I haven't had sex with him in a while, so I'm clear (that's why I allow myself to [] and not [] ).

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just be careful.

Please.

[]

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I may seem careless, but I'm careful []
I promise.

I don't have that much sex, though []

E : I think I won the award for the sordidest detail so far []

[ 12-24-2008, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just be careful. []

One of my greatest fears is losing my friends to illness, as I already lost one friend to MRSA in 2000, and I had a friend in college (back in the late 90's, before good anti-retrovirals) who was dying of AIDS. []

So just be careful, I don't want to go through anything like that again. [] And this is a message to ALL my friends on this board, not just Inc'. I love you all. Don't do anything stupid. []

Wow, what a happy conversation. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Don't worry, I'd be super anal (no pun intended) about these things. The next serious boyfriend I have is going to have to show me paperwork that he's clean. []

I won't take chances like that!

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

LOL, too bad guys can't wear tags like puppies have to, showing they're healthy and have all their shots. []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
True, I don't want to read about a Frenchman on Interneship in New York dying of Aids []
Though I have to say Inc that if your d*ck rots of or you get a sore arse, that's your problem! []

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... I hate to disturb this uplifting conversation, but...

[] [] [] MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! [] [] []

I hope that all UPers have a wonderful celebration and get everything their greedy little hearts desire!

[ 12-24-2008, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know what one of my presents is... And I'm fairly sure I'm getting two gift cards for stores I usually buy from. [] Other than that, it's pot luck! [] *doesn't think that pot will be involved, unless someone was smoking it when they purchased an item* []

Now... There's just over two hours till the 25th, and I haven't wrapped mum's gift yet! []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

All the yuletide talk of disfiguring venereal disease made me forget to answer the questions posed to me...

quote:
Did you like "Vanity Fair"?
Yeah... but mostly because it was a period piece. I really don't remember the storyline.

quote:
Did you ever see Marie Antoinette (the one with K. Dunst?) Thingy?
Yeah... didn't like it. I don't like Miss Dunst. She looks constipated all the time and her voice cuts through me like nails on a chalkboard. But nice scenery and clothes.

quote:
Yeah I'm getting tired of Keira Knightly in period pieces. I might see it anyway.... the guy she likes is kinda hot.
Indeed! And he gets nekid in the movie. [] Though "artfully" so... []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

... Josephix, Maryax and little Chicken Jesus. []

(Available as wallpaper at http://www.raiden.net/images/pic_gal/full/365.jpg)

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : [Insert Sordid (Christmassy) Details Here] (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  51  52  53 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help