Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  51  52  53 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : [Insert Sordid (Christmassy) Details Here] (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : [Insert Sordid (Christmassy) Details Here]
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry to hear all that Athene. Huge hugs and thoughts for you and happy cat [] [] []
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about that, Athene []
My sister had a similarly long-lived cat-she (the cat, that is) had a tumour for some time, and the vet suggested that the time to put her down was when life had clearly become more of a burden than a pleasure.

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Miz Isabel Lionbar Warner-Chubb:

-

"plz to be not pointing camera at meh kthxbai"
[] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm truly sorry to hear that, Athene. I'm sure your cat had a fantastic life, but it is still sad to see it end. You're both in my thoughts. []
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mis Isabel looks like my Alfie's long lost sister
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
my first ever pet
I'm so sorry for you, Theney. It's very sad. I cried the most for my first family pet (dog) as a kid for days, and then for 3 days as an adult for my first pet (dog) as well. Painful as hell - akin to losing a human loved one.
No sordiditititity stories from me.

Merry Christmas, eveyone. Ho ho ho!

[ 12-22-2008, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do the Christmas details have to be sordid?

Come to that, do the sordid details have to be Christmassy? []
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, how about a new game for this sordid thread? Name a funny, odd, or double entendré word for having intercourse (and not the talking kind), but only one per post. Gotta give others a chance!

My first one is...

boink

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*huge big enveloping hugs for Athene*

I'm so sorry.... gosh that sucks. [] A life long friend... at least she will not be in pain and confusion anymore. []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wifey, I'm sorry... [] []
*big furry polar bear hug*

Your impression of losing someone close before actually knowing it has happened to me before. It's kind of freaky []
But in a way, it prepares you for what's coming, I guess []

[]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Athene. We had to put down one of our kitties right before Christmas []

Pi, I once heard someone say "I slipped her the fish." Which just seemed to me like the oddest thing ever.

Yesterday my little cousin asked us if we wanted to see his "peenie." *sigh* He has reached that age.

It's RAINING. And I'm going to Disneyland anyway, dammit! I'm gonna get what's coming to me...Namely free tortillas.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just booked tickets for The Duchess. A couple of friends and I are going tomorrow... after a little X-mas dinner out. I'm looking forward to the movie... I love costume dramas. []

In other news... Obama is vacationing in Kailua(where I was born and raised), Hawaii. [] My mom just called and is very excited. Secret Service turned her and her friend away from completing their daily walk along the beach. She thought it was funny... the Secret Service stuck out like sore thumbs: the only people on the beach at noon in long pants and shirts. []

Obama in Kailua

Obama vacationed there a couple of months ago as well. Friends of my parents live next door to the house he has rented on both occasions. The first time he was there they would walk down to the beach at 6:30am with their coffee and Obama would jog by and wave. This time they tried to do the same thing and there were already hundreds of people on the beach. [] Poor Kailua... it'll never be the same!

[ 12-22-2008, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Athene, that's so sad. I'm so sorry for you.
We've had two cats who both became fifteen, but none of then nineteen. It's sad to have to let them go ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ney - it's raining here too. [] I love it. It needs to rain MOAR.

Thingy - that's cool! ROFL, my boss used to live in Chicago and he said that he worked out at the same gym that Obama did so he saw his junk in the locker room. [] He was all like, "I've seen the president's ass! It's so weird." []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

Ney,
quote:
I slipped her the fish
Sounds mafia-ish... []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Sounds dirty, but then, like Inc' says, "I see innuendo everywhere." []
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Another evolution experiment, sent to me by a friend:
quote:
Lenski and his team had taken a single strain of the bacterium E. coli, separated its descendants into twelve populations,[2] and proceeded to observe their mutations over the course of twenty years (a process discussed on Lenski's website). At one point, one of the populations demonstrated a dramatic change, and evolved to become capable of utilizing citrate, a carbon source in their flasks that E. coli cannot normally use. Thus, evolution had been visibly observed, with an exquisite amount of evidence establishing the timeline along the way. The paper also highlighted the role of historical contingency in evolution and the role of potentiating mutations.
From RationalWiki
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

Hey Art! That's not sordid! [] Good post just the same, though.

[ 12-22-2008, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It needs to rain MOAR.
On any day but today (and the three days of ALA), YES.

Though actually it wasn't raining while we were at Disneyland, so yatta!!! I got Star Wars playing cards [] And hot chocolate and jamba juice (though they put too much milk in it and not enough orange juice), and free tortillas [] [] And I rode Star Tours and Soarin' and the monorail (new cars!), and the Haunted Mansion [] Happy!!!

[ 12-22-2008, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You're so cute, all excited []

I fell down on the sidewalk for the second time this morning. Stupid icy slippery sidewalk that no-one cleans []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

I can't wait for Disneyland in April! []

It brings out the kid in me. []

Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What's that old jazz standard, "April in Paris"? Somehow "Disneyland in April" doesn't fit. []
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Argh.

Now they're talking that they're probably going to be closing 200 Walgreens in the next year.

Everybody pray/hope/whatever that it's not mine...

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

I feel your pain - the company that is the main client of the agency I work for could be heading towards bankruptcy very soon. Then I would be out of a job. []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : [Insert Sordid (Christmassy) Details Here] (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  51  52  53 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help