Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  48  49  50 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Getting Your Sexuality Interesting (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : Getting Your Sexuality Interesting
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does it make you feel better about me calling you a slut on the 'phone earlier, Swampy?
It made my day! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and why is everyone so excited about April?
My next April has me meeting two stars from a certain show that some UPers love... As long as they can still make it, of course. [] []
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OMGOMGOMG

Guys, I might get an internship with a literary agency in West Hollywood!!! [] [] This is very exciting. Now I just have to figure out how to survive down there..... lol

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Goddess, fingers crossed ! []

Isn't West Hollywood the gay region ? Or is it the opposite ? *is confused* [] []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Isn't West Hollywood the gay region ?
Very []

I hope you do get the internship, Lilli!

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it's very gay. So gay that they have rainbow flags lining the streets. []
case in point:
 -

But yeah, I reallly hope I get it. Problem is, West Hollywood is one of the more expensive places to live in LA (aside from Beverly Hills). I may have to ask my grandma if I can hole up in her place. []

[ 11-13-2008, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Isn't West Hollywood the gay region ? Or is it the opposite ?
What do you mean by "opposite?" Opposite of "west" or "gay?"

It's been too long since I've visited here. Am I still welcome? Even if I'm straight and boring? []

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Opposite of "gay" - like very conservative, rich, old people etc... okay, that's not the opposite of gay, but 'tevs, you get what I mean []

*just said "'tevs"* [] []

Of course you are still welcome []
Do you want to join our MT-meet up in April ? Idaho is not that far ! (Well, not compared to New York, Indiana and Norway [] )

[ 11-14-2008, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My next April has me meeting two stars from a certain show that some UPers love... As long as they can still make it, of course.
I need to know more about this. Is this what happens when I don't keep up with mi amigas' blogs?

In other news, I HATE JAMES BOND. He has taken over my livingroom! [] Ammii, that text I sent you was a dark harbringer of things to come []

[ 11-14-2008, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pardon me -- I haven't been paying attention. When/where is the big meet-up?
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ney, I only had two posts about it last month. []

Well, gotta go... Taking mum to the physiotherapist - she's had a crap back for a week now. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

What are you talking about? James Bond freakin' rocks. I LURVE HIM. [] (the Daniel Craig version only. Not the other phonies)

And the meeting would be like at Disneyland. Most likely on a weekend so you could come. []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
Pardon me -- I haven't been paying attention. When/where is the big meet-up?
Probably the first week of April in LA and San Francisco, with Keo, Arta, Lilli, Ney, Ama and myself []

[ 11-14-2008, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In other news, I HATE JAMES BOND. He has taken over my livingroom! [] Ammii, that text I sent you was a dark harbringer of things to come []
"Ammii" - is that a combination of my name and my screen name? LOL

As for the James Bond - argh, ack, *coughs up hairball*

I hate James Bond. I'm only going with my dad because I'm dragging him to the midnight showing of Twilight. It had better be worth it.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lilli: Maybe I wouldn't hate it so much if I had any choice. But when I wake up tired and groggy and just wanna read the book I got in the mail today and everyone is watching James Bond at TOP VOLUME ZOMG and I get no say .... [] To make matters worse, I don't get to watch "Supernatural" until it's over []

Amárië: Hai [] I'll stop if you don't like [] And I will post as Alice; it's just way too loud in here right now.

Yeh, it really had better be []

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Amárië: Hai [] I'll stop if you don't like []
I like it, it's cute. []

quote:
And I will post as Alice; it's just way too loud in here right now.
That's fine. [] I look forward to reading your posts. Jasper is waiting patiently, though. []

quote:
Yeh, it really had better be
I have tickets for the 12:01 showing in Louisville. Can't wait.
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My, how this thread gallops along compared to the indolent surroundings.

So, then, where's the application to join this place anyway? I admit it's been a while since I did this, so I've really forgotten how to...

Do I have to declare my sexuality to join?

Lillianna, I'm sorry I made you cry. I was just hoping to tell you things can't go wrong if you dream, but don't let the future bother you.

Here's another quote, to keep those dreams alive. It's also got some context to prop 8, or does it?

I want you to forget right and wrong; to be as happy as the beasts, as careless as the flowers and the birds. To live to the depths of your nature as well as to the heights. Truly there are stars in the heights and they will be a garland for your forehead. But the depths are equal to the heights. Wondrous deep are the depths, very fertile is the lowest deep. There are stars there also, brighter than the stars on high. The name of the heights is Wisdom and the name of the depths is Love. How shall they come together and be fruitful if you do not plunge deeply and fearlessly? Wisdom is the spirit and the wings of the spirit, Love is the shaggy beast that goes down. Gallantly he dives, below thought, beyond Wisdom, to rise again as high above these as he had first descended. Wisdom is righteous and clean, but Love is unclean and holy. I sing of the beast and the descent: the great unclean purging itself in fire: the thought that is not born in the measure or the ice or the head, but in the feet and the hot blood and the pulse of fury. The Crown of Life is not lodged in the sun: the wise gods have buried it deeply where the thoughtful will not find it, nor the good: but the Gay Ones, the Adventurous Ones, the Careless Plungers, they will bring it to the wise and astonish them. All things are seen in the light--How shall we value that which is easy to see? But the precious things which are hidden, they will be more precious for our search: they will be beautiful with our sorrow: they will be noble because of our desire for them.

~The Crock of Gold, by James Stephens

Brae, hope your mom gets better. How's Ben? And what's the plan for the birthday??

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Ah no worries Lug. I was in an emo mood at the time. And aren't you already a member of this place? I thought so at least.

Ney yeah that would be bad.... but you should see the new one anyway. []

Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lills, OMG! So that means that there's a chance that you will move back down here!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! []

You'll love West Hollywood. Ori and I LOOOVE going over there to see "our fabulous gays". []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If it was done to me, the inaugriation would be very brief. 'Hand on the bible, mate, Do you Bazza Obama promise to protect, enhance, bla bla, the constitution, you do? excellent, get on with it, mate! Now, the other guy!' It would all be over in 10 minutes, but I suspect it will take a little longer! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it is very brief. It could be done in 10 seconds.

quote:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
All the crap before and after this is what takes time.
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It could be done in 10 seconds.

It could be like the scene where Father Ted races through his evening Mass in seven seconds so he can dash off for a date with a woman...
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

quote:
Probably the first week of April in LA and San Francisco, with Keo, Arta, Lilli, Ney, Ama and myself
I could possibly make one location, but not both. []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Lug, the 'official' way is to ask me to join, and I should ask some 'important' people their opinion about it []
But I don't think I need to do that now, of course you can join [] []
I thought you were already a member too, actually.

But please don't make Lilli cry again [] []

bombi, it's not worked out that well yet [] But it would be awesome to have you with us ! []

[ 11-14-2008, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Is 'important'*
Lugburz may join []

Now that's sorted out. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Getting Your Sexuality Interesting (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  48  49  50 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help